So we've got a fresh start now

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

So we've got a fresh start now

Post by Relentless09 » Sun May 13, 2012 5:40 pm

Let's forget about what's happened and concentrate on the future. Hopefully a new manager, players out and new players in. Hopefully we have a real big go next season at getting back into the top flight

COYW !

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: So we've got a fresh start now

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sun May 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Will be nice to see some of the reserves come through;

Bennett, Riley, Vela, Eaves, O'Halloran

And more time given to players like Sordell, say we had stayed up, what then?

The out of contract players would have still walked and no one would want to come in, Coyle still wouldn't have put faith in the players mentioned and we'd be back to buying half the Burnley side.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun May 13, 2012 5:46 pm

Probably more appropriate here:
Keep - Bogdan (he is learning), Riley, Ream, Wheater (no choice!), Ricketts (reduced terms), Nigel RC, Muamba (in hope), Pratley (no choice!), Eagles, Ngog (unless we get a daft bid, admittedly unlikely!), Sordell, Mears (no choice), Chungy (now he's fit we may sell), Holden (no way will anyone sign him)

Unsure - Jussi (reduced terms, good back up?), Kevin Davies (reduced terms - who else will have him?), Mark Davies (the one player we may be able to convince someone to line our pockets for - I'd sell him in a heartbeat cos he is soft and has little end product)

Release - KNIGHT (feck off you c*nt), Petrov, Klasnic (he'd score goals down there but not with this team), Gardner, Robinslow, Sean Davies, Whoever did Sean Davis' medical, Steinsson (our best right back but we are well stocked there), Tuncwho, Robbie 'team spirit' Blake, Boyata (I'd have him back next season though AS A CENTRE HALF), Myaichi (never make a footballer), Connoly, Obadeyi
Edit - Alonso - I'd bin him off if we can. Prick.
Last edited by officer_dibble on Sun May 13, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun May 13, 2012 5:48 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Probably more appropriate here:
Keep - Bogdan (he is learning), Riley, Ream, Wheater (no choice!), Ricketts (reduced terms), Nigel RC, Muamba (in hope), Pratley (no choice!), Eagles, Ngog (unless we get a daft bid, admittedly unlikely!), Sordell, Mears (no choice), Chungy (now he's fit we may sell), Holden (no way will anyone sign him)

Unsure - Jussi (reduced terms, good back up?), Kevin Davies (reduced terms - who else will have him?), Mark Davies (the one player we may be able to convince someone to line our pockets for - I'd sell him in a heartbeat cos he is soft and has little end product)

Release - KNIGHT (feck off you c*nt), Petrov, Klasnic (he'd score goals down there but not with this team), Gardner, Robinslow, Sean Davies, Whoever did Sean Davis' medical, Steinsson (our best right back but we are well stocked there), Tuncwho, Robbie 'team spirit' Blake, Boyata (I'd have him back next season though AS A CENTRE HALF), Myaichi (never make a footballer), Connoly, Obadeyi
Sounds about right :)

And yes it will be great to see some home produced players finally getting a chance.
I'm looking forward to a brighter superwhite future already

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun May 13, 2012 5:49 pm

Aye
The only query being Coyle and his mates bringing them through, teaching them ping pong instead of stuff like defending set pieces. And it isn't a query as far as I can see!

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun May 13, 2012 5:49 pm

Will post this in yet another thread:

Time to rebuild.

We have Knight, Jussi, Klasnic, Robinson, Steinsson, K Davies, Gardner, Sean Davis, Sam Ricketts, Blake and Petrov out of contract, all of whom are on a hefty wage.

Give K Davies and Ricketts new contracts and f*ck the rest off.

I'd like to give Petrov and Klasnic new deals but I doubt they'd be interested.

If we can avoid selling more than 3 of M Davies, Reo-Coker, Lee Chung Yong, Holden, Ngog and Eagles, we should be alright.

Starting XI next year:

Bogdan; Ricketts/Alonso, Ream, ????, Riley/Mears; Holden, Wylde, Pratley/Vela, Eagles; Ngog/SKD, Sordell

That's with NRC, LCY and M Davies going :/
Last edited by jmjhb on Sun May 13, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun May 13, 2012 5:51 pm

Petrov would be shite in the championship
Klasnic is a great goalscorer and a bright spark up front (see first goal today) but he offers so little else that the Championship just isn't the league for him I'm afraid.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun May 13, 2012 5:51 pm

and we still got that chelsea loan which could prove useful
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun May 13, 2012 5:52 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Petrov would be shite in the championship
Klasnic is a great goalscorer and a bright spark up front (see first goal today) but he offers so little else that the Championship just isn't the league for him I'm afraid.
Just like Nolan and Taylor?

The guy has pace and can cross a ball.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun May 13, 2012 5:54 pm

How is that like Nolan and Taylor? :D

Sorry, I just don't see it - he turned it on second half of the season, thats 1/4 of his time here. I see more performances like the 'shift' he put in at Wembley unfortunately. He's 35 next year, we need some younger bodies in that midfield.

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Sun May 13, 2012 5:56 pm

officer_dibble wrote:How is that like Nolan and Taylor? :D

Sorry, I just don't see it - he turned it on second half of the season, thats 1/4 of his time here. I see more performances like the 'shift' he put in at Wembley unfortunately. He's 35 next year, we need some younger bodies in that midfield.
Hopefully Greg Wylde can step up

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun May 13, 2012 5:59 pm

Relentless09 wrote:

This saga isn't over yet.

Rangers sorting their shite out, all it takes is a, "I was pushed really" and he'll be back up north faster than you can say McGone.

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Sun May 13, 2012 6:03 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Relentless09 wrote:

This saga isn't over yet.

Rangers sorting their shite out, all it takes is a, "I was pushed really" and he'll be back up north faster than you can say McGone.
He can't go back, he's signed for us.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun May 13, 2012 6:05 pm

I suspect Wylde may do a Hamman and we may never see him. Its very suspicious we haven't kicked up much of a fuss about him, the other Rangers lads have played somewhere else already. Something fishy with that one.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun May 13, 2012 6:06 pm

Sell him for a fee then, winners once again

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Sun May 13, 2012 6:09 pm

Well judging from tweeter he seems happy enough, he's training and has been going to matches with the team

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Sun May 13, 2012 6:09 pm

officer_dibble wrote:I suspect Wylde may do a Hamman and we may never see him. Its very suspicious we haven't kicked up much of a fuss about him, the other Rangers lads have played somewhere else already. Something fishy with that one.
A touch of the Sordells maybe? As in 'ummm this player's not as good as I thought he was'?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun May 13, 2012 6:14 pm

Right, being a set of maudlin c*nts ends here.

Keep Bogdan, Ricketts (for experience), K Davies (please take a reduced deal, again for experience), all the usual suspects (your Holden's, Lee's, Sordell's, Mark Davies's's' ;-) ), acquire a "Chris Morgan" type mental case to replace Wheater for 12 months and finally get a voodoo man to give Muamba the once over and away we go.

Onwards and upwards!
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun May 13, 2012 6:20 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Right, being a set of maudlin c*nts ends here.

Keep Bogdan, Ricketts (for experience), K Davies (please take a reduced deal, again for experience), all the usual suspects (your Holden's, Lee's, Sordell's, Mark Davies's's' ;-) ), acquire a "Chris Morgan" type mental case to replace Wheater for 12 months and finally get a voodoo man to give Muamba the once over and away we go.

Onwards and upwards!
Sums up how I feel. Coyle isn't going to be sacked, end of story. Need to get behind the team now. I'm sure it's similar to Toon, Reading et al.
Pfffft.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun May 13, 2012 7:04 pm

if they can feck Mr. Play For Next Week off we'll go up dropping about 4 points. if that many.