Outside Perspective

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Visiting Stokie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Outside Perspective

Post by Visiting Stokie » Sun May 13, 2012 8:08 pm

Hey guys commiserations on your relegation today just wondering what your thoughts were on us(Stoke) today and whether you feel the 5-0 semi-final defeat was the catalyst for your poor form this season, ans whether you should keep Coyle I personally see him as inept
p.s. on a lighter note why does owen coyle wear that ridiculous outfit, also your fans were great today

Rip
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Outside Perspective

Post by Rip » Sun May 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Visiting Stokie wrote:Hey guys commiserations on your relegation today just wondering what your thoughts were on us(Stoke) today and whether you feel the 5-0 semi-final defeat was the catalyst for your poor form this season, ans whether you should keep Coyle I personally see him as inept
p.s. on a lighter note why does owen coyle wear that ridiculous outfit, also your fans were great today
My view is: you can't tell because of the bad luck we have had with injuries and other things this season. I'm not going to speculate on it but get ready for next season.

Whatever happens, during the early years of the 21st century I have experienced some magical moments watching BWFC and nothing is taking that away.

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Sun May 13, 2012 8:37 pm

Rip wrote:
Visiting Stokie wrote:Hey guys commiserations on your relegation today just wondering what your thoughts were on us(Stoke) today and whether you feel the 5-0 semi-final defeat was the catalyst for your poor form this season, ans whether you should keep Coyle I personally see him as inept
My view is: you can't tell because of the bad luck we have had with injuries and other things this season. I'm not going to speculate on it but get ready for next season.

Whatever happens, during the early years of the 21st century I have experienced some magical moments watching BWFC and nothing is taking that away.
We can't blame bad luck for such a consistenly poor season in pretty much every department. Every team gets injuries, we never replaced Holden (was that what Pratley was meant to be for?!), knew Chungy was out since summer, and Muamba was getting dropped or subbed most games before his collapse. Today we had some rum decisions from the ref (for both Stoke goals), but over the course of the season we had plenty of chances to fix things and didn't seize the opportunities...

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sun May 13, 2012 8:54 pm

I thought Stoke were really poor today. You guys must be worried for next season after your recent run of results. I read the Oatcake forums last week and they all seem pessimistic for next season and now I can see why.

The Stoke result wasn't necessarily the catalyst, we've been tactically naive under Coyle since he took over. Maybe teams have figured us out or our true form is showing and we're not running above expectation. Its hard to say but the frailties of the team have always been there with Coyle at the helm. Things might have been different with better midfield options but even when someone like Muamba was fit(our best available midfielder) he wouldn't play him. So its not all down to injuries, most of the blame comes down to the door of the poor management imv.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sun May 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Couple of bad injuries and I've got Stoke as the next established to be in danger.

I know it was last day and all that today but they aren't as effective as they where
Not overly impressed with them.

Just an honest opinion. Have no dislike for the Stoke club or fans. Found them decent today infact. Just think they COULD have a sweat next year

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sun May 13, 2012 10:54 pm

Rip wrote:

:pissed:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon May 14, 2012 2:52 am

Meh. Semi final wasn't the cause. Was just the most obvious show of symptoms.

As it happens, as long as you stick with Pulis I think you'll be reet. I look at your side and think on paper you should be fooked, but you could have said that for the last however many years since you came up. Understandanbly sick of the sight of you feckers, but trying to be a neutral I quite like the way you do well 'unfashionably', as we did, but in your own way. Good luck, and may we never come across you in a game that matters ever a-fecking-gain!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Mon May 14, 2012 6:33 am

Visiting Stokie wrote: p.s. on a lighter note why does owen coyle wear that ridiculous outfit, also your fans were great today
His ridiculous outfit is lacking in only one item. He needs a baseball cap to top it off and make him look like a complete tosspot. Any ideas? :conf:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Mon May 14, 2012 8:18 am

Visiting Stokie wrote:p.s. on a lighter note why does owen coyle wear that ridiculous outfit

I'm sorry, WHAT?! Would you rather we had a 54 year old man dress up like an American little league coach/chav?

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon May 14, 2012 8:29 am

No just like a manager and not football's version of a spinal tap-ite.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon May 14, 2012 8:40 am

Actually I do think the semi last season was the day Coyle's bubble burst & he had no way to recover from it. The rest of last season was appaling and the first have of this one matched it.

He accidentally (due to injury & suspension) tripped upon a winning formula & then binned it asap ... & back to losing ways.

Yes, he/we have had bad luck with injuries & illness, but he exacerbated that by falling out with players and picking favourites for far too long.

We still have a half decent squad at the new level, even after a clear out but whether he has a clue how to use it remains to be seen.

The shorts are no-where near as embarassing as his 'Barclay's Premier League, ain't everyone wonderful' interviews, btw. But, as above, "people wearing baseball caps shouldn't live in the Crystal Palace" ... or something like that !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".