Hello... Spurs fan here, please don't shoot, I come in peace

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

spursmurf
Hopeful
Hopeful

Hello... Spurs fan here, please don't shoot, I come in peace

Post by spursmurf » Mon May 14, 2012 7:19 pm

I know it's all been a little forgotten with the Sky Wankfest over Manchester, but a quick mention from us Spurs fans to Bolton, who I was genuinely sorry to see relegated.

I know you've had your critics down the years, but that's mainly a spill-over for the BIG FAT SAM days...

After the season you've had, and with the links our clubs now have, I'd like to say GENUINE commiserations for yesterday, a proud Old Club like Bolton will be missed in the Top Tier (whatever the rest of the country's own personal feelings towards Kevin Davies!!)

After the replayed Cup tie, I saw a couple of Bolton fans outside the ground, and wished them well for the season, hoping you'd stay up... I meant every word.

Sadly, my own personal soft spot doesn't extend to the money-obsessed corrupt version of the premier League we now currently have to endure... apparently QPR's 'project' is far more worthy of Premier league status than yours... simply because it probably rolled over and allowed Man City to win their title, in return for a big fat cheque that keeps Fernandes & Ecclestone in Champagne & disabled Man-Boy Hookers for another year!

I realise it might not go down well in certain parts of Lancashire, but from down here in That Lundun, I hope Blackpool return to the premier League now... if only to inject some much needed 'old fashioned values of what a football club should be' to the Top Tier.

I despair of football sometimes, I really do!

Best of luck next season... here's hoping to see you all at the Lane sometime in 2014.

and send my best wishes to FABRICE MUAMBA!!!!

Come on you Whites (mine, AND yours!!)

Yours in football, Spursmurf.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: Hello... Spurs fan here, please don't shoot, I come in p

Post by TKIZ! » Mon May 14, 2012 7:24 pm

What a nice post. Thank you.
Pfffft.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon May 14, 2012 7:25 pm

Cheers mate. Personally, I was never a big fan of Spurs but the class you guys showed over the whole Muamba affair was something else and changed my opinion.

Good luck to you men for the future - I'm sure we'll cross swords again - just hope it aint too long :cry:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 14, 2012 7:25 pm

Cheers. I don't entirely echo your thoughts on the premiership, but nice comments about us.

Ultimately we weren't good enough to stay up. Good luck to QPR they have the backing.

Good luck to Spurs too, though I can't wish anyone managed by Redknapp well really....

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon May 14, 2012 7:33 pm

Cheers fella, the 'Muamba' match as I'm sure it will become known, was a bit of a watershed for football, but particularly for us as clubs, giving us something shared - hope, expectation, a belief that some things are bigger than football. I live in hope that the bounds of friendship that now seem to exist between us will one day be felt between us and all clubs...............with the exception of the Scum and Arsenal :D
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 14, 2012 7:48 pm

Cheers Spurs fan. After the offensive drivel from some QPR fans and Sunday league teams like Burnley and Bury, nice to get a decent post.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon May 14, 2012 7:54 pm

That's one of the best post from a neutral fan i have read on here

I completely agree with your views on the premier league its certainly going to shit even more so now where not in it :(

But we will be back im sure of it

All the best for next season pal
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

HM Murdock
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by HM Murdock » Mon May 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Thanks Spurs fan, hope you have a good season next year, and we play each other again the year after

ATB
West Stand White

spursmurf
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by spursmurf » Mon May 14, 2012 9:04 pm

Aw, thanks for positive responses... I feared a backlash accusing me of being a 'smug gloating Spurs fan', satisfied with his premier League lot...!

Always had a soft spot for BWFC... big fan of Frank Worthington (yes i'm THAT old) and of course, any team that plays in White & Navy is fine by me!

I wish you all the very best of luck in the Championship... and a swift return to your rightful place amongst 'The Elite'!

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Mon May 14, 2012 10:02 pm

spursmurf wrote:Aw, thanks for positive responses... I feared a backlash accusing me of being a 'smug gloating Spurs fan', satisfied with his premier League lot...!

Always had a soft spot for BWFC... big fan of Frank Worthington (yes i'm THAT old) and of course, any team that plays in White & Navy is fine by me!

I wish you all the very best of luck in the Championship... and a swift return to your rightful place amongst 'The Elite'!
Thanks for your support mate, but we have no right to be in the top tier, we aren't good enough! I always believe teams have to earn their right, year after year, to stay in the league. We're not West Ham who think they have a divine right :D

ajryder93
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ajryder93 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:48 am

Gail Platz wrote:
spursmurf wrote:Aw, thanks for positive responses... I feared a backlash accusing me of being a 'smug gloating Spurs fan', satisfied with his premier League lot...!

Thanks for your support mate, but we have no right to be in the top tier, we aren't good enough! I always believe teams have to earn their right, year after year, to stay in the league. We're not West Ham who think they have a divine right :D
took the words outta my mouth, i can see us doing good in championship thought hopefully :)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 15, 2012 12:43 pm

Yep.. No such thing as divine right. You have to earn it.. We did, but then let it go.

Looking forward to next season though with renewed optimism
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

spursmurf
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by spursmurf » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:32 pm

I just wanted to offer my genuine and sincere condolences about the result, and your relegation today ... 3rd tier football is not a status befitting such a great, proud, historical club as yours.

And for any of us who were there the night Fabric Muamba collapsed, I can only say that the friendships and bonds formed between Bolton and Spurs fans outside White Hart Lane after the game, (and at the subsequent rearranged fixture) only makes your plight more personal somehow.

I genuinely hope you come back up next season... whilst your guys may not quite be Premier League material at the moment, you're certainly not a league 2 (old) 3rd Division club.

The fact you've spent more seasons in the Top Flight than several current Premier League teams such as West Ham, Leicester, Watford, Stoke, Southampton, Swansea and Palace speaks volumes about your history, and I am genuinely sorry to see you drop down (yet) another division.

I hope, and look forward to the day when you return to your rightful place at 'The Top Table' (SKY FOOTBALL CLICHE ALERT!)
...and wish you all the best for your DOUBLE PROMOTION PUSH next season and the one after...

SEE YOU AT THE NEW WHITE HART LANE IN 2018 I HOPE!!

all the best, Spursmurf.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:57 pm

Thanks for the good wishes Smurf. Nice of you to bother and good luck to you and Spurs.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:58 pm

Thanks spursmurf for the kind words, although you could have written the condolences at the end of December, I can't speak for anyone else, but prepared myself then. The Club itself doesn't deserve it, nor the fans, who have been great, but the players don't deserve anything!!
Thanks again for the kind words, just hurting righ now :(

ROVERS F.C.
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ROVERS F.C. » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:48 pm

You'll be back....a good old North West club.
PROUD BLACKBURN ROVERS FC....THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TOWN CLUB IN THE UK

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Very kind of you, Spursmurph, you're a good lad. This has been inevitable all season with this shower we've had to put up with. I'm not hurting tonight like twilight, I've seen it all before and I did my mourning months ago. We'll be back, but I fear it won't be any time soon and already I can only see one way out of div1 for us.

Edit to add cheers to Rovers too.
Last edited by clapton is god on Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Cheers Spursmurph and Rover.

We'll still be here long after this disgraceful shower of shite currently representing us has fukced off. Onwards and upwards. COYWM!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:12 pm

spursmurf wrote:I just wanted to offer my genuine and sincere condolences about the result, and your relegation today ... 3rd tier football is not a status befitting such a great, proud, historical club as yours.

And for any of us who were there the night Fabric Muamba collapsed, I can only say that the friendships and bonds formed between Bolton and Spurs fans outside White Hart Lane after the game, (and at the subsequent rearranged fixture) only makes your plight more personal somehow.

I genuinely hope you come back up next season... whilst your guys may not quite be Premier League material at the moment, you're certainly not a league 2 (old) 3rd Division club.

The fact you've spent more seasons in the Top Flight than several current Premier League teams such as West Ham, Leicester, Watford, Stoke, Southampton, Swansea and Palace speaks volumes about your history, and I am genuinely sorry to see you drop down (yet) another division.

I hope, and look forward to the day when you return to your rightful place at 'The Top Table' (SKY FOOTBALL CLICHE ALERT!)
...and wish you all the best for your DOUBLE PROMOTION PUSH next season and the one after...

SEE YOU AT THE NEW WHITE HART LANE IN 2018 I HOPE!!

all the best, Spursmurf.
We've also had some great games against Spurs. I can recall in the 70's (77/78 Season iirc) when we just pipped you and Southampton to the Second Division (Championship in today's currency) title. Remember losing to you lot at WHL - late in the season which put Spuds two points in front and + a lot of GD, although we had a game in hand....then you managed to lose two on the run...

On pretty much any other Prem season, I'd be ok with Spurs winning the thing (on the basis you're not Manchester Anything, Chelsea or Arsenal - especially Arsenal), but I reckon Leicester is the fairy-tale that'd get the most laughs. The only problem if Leicester win the thing is that for the next 30 years, we'll be being told it's not all about the money - even if they have quietly shelled out £50+m on transfers the last couple of seasons...

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:33 pm

Here's hoping to spurs winning the prem!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience