reo coker

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: reo coker

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 18, 2012 3:22 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Ah i see.
Apparently Coyle was not impressed with Nigel's attitude......

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri May 18, 2012 3:22 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:We didnt cancel his deal it was Nige's decision?
He had a clause that said he could go for free if he found a premiership club. As he hasn't yet found a club then we could have waited to see if he did. But we decided that because he'd given his intention to leave that we'd use the clause to cancel it (presumably built in as our protection). According to Nixon.
So a complete guess then?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Fri May 18, 2012 3:23 pm

I believe he was told that if he activated the release clause the club would cancel his contract. Mexican standoff- he pulled the trigger and so did we by the sound of it.

Looks like a casualty of relegation. Had to be some price to pay.

There's a few in the squad too good for relegation. He wasn't at the club long enough to fully develop enough loyalty and certainly played like someone who wanted to avoid relegation. Shame he didn't hang around to see how the championship went.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 18, 2012 3:26 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:We didnt cancel his deal it was Nige's decision?
He had a clause that said he could go for free if he found a premiership club. As he hasn't yet found a club then we could have waited to see if he did. But we decided that because he'd given his intention to leave that we'd use the clause to cancel it (presumably built in as our protection). According to Nixon.
So a complete guess then?
If he was that good at guessing I doubt he'd need to write articles for the mirror.......

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri May 18, 2012 3:31 pm

:conf:

HM Murdock
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by HM Murdock » Fri May 18, 2012 4:02 pm

I'm glad to see the back of him, i must be blinkered when it comes to Reo-Coker, i just dont see it. If he cared about the club he'd stay and help IMO

Aside from a few good games, i thought he was shite
West Stand White

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri May 18, 2012 4:09 pm

tbh - not really sure what he thinks his future holds... I think his ship has sailed, and unless he gets a gig at one of the newly promoted teams (as the experienced head) - then I can't see a starring role for him elsewhere in the prem... (maybe he'll prove me wrong)

I suspect he'd have had a better/happier season with us making a difference and being a king-pin in a winning side than trying to flog another premiership season from his aching bones...

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Fri May 18, 2012 4:26 pm

thebish wrote:tbh - not really sure what he thinks his future holds... I think his ship has sailed, and unless he gets a gig at one of the newly promoted teams (as the experienced head) - then I can't see a starring role for him elsewhere in the prem... (maybe he'll prove me wrong)

I suspect he'd have had a better/happier season with us making a difference and being a king-pin in a winning side than trying to flog another premiership season from his aching bones...
Agreed. Seems to have the attitude of a player who think's he deserves to be in a top 6 side, just doesn't have the ability to match. This is not meant as a direct insult to the lad, I rate him and IF he was to miraculously change his mind and stay at Bolton i'd be chuffed. It's just he isn't dynamic to be the anchor at one of the big boys (Yaya/DeJong/Mikel/Essien/Song spring to mind) or even to a Tottenham (Sandro) or a Newcastle (Tiote). Even for a mid table side he could be considered a luxury asset and maybe not one high on the priorities. He found a nice niche at Bolton due to our dire need for defensive cover, I just get the feeling he'll always be the standout in a struggling side with a leaky defence but not much above that. In a way I hope i'm proved wrong.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm

thebish wrote:tbh - not really sure what he thinks his future holds... I think his ship has sailed, and unless he gets a gig at one of the newly promoted teams (as the experienced head) - then I can't see a starring role for him elsewhere in the prem... (maybe he'll prove me wrong)

Totally agree with this Bish. He could have shown some loyalty, consistency and bravery by staying. Characteristics he's been accused in the past of lacking.

Not done himself many favours in my book.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri May 18, 2012 4:53 pm

Nixon told him.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 18, 2012 5:04 pm

Thanks are due to Nigel. If only others had shown his commitment last season. Good luck to him finding a club.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri May 18, 2012 5:12 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Thanks are due to Nigel. If only others had shown his commitment last season. Good luck to him finding a club.
Exactly this. As I said earlier in the thread, he must've come off that pitch almost every week absolutely furious.

Gave his everything and for what?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tripod » Fri May 18, 2012 5:33 pm

I'll agree with that. Best he can hope for now is a newly promoted club. He'll probably be in the same situation in 12 months? He's a good player, a grafter, but nowt special

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Fri May 18, 2012 5:54 pm

I wish him well in the future, and hope we get an even better replacement.

For all his effort and commitment (which put others in the team to shame), ultimately he couldn't tackle or motor as well as Muamba, or run/tackle/pass/shoot/assist as well as Holden.

That said, if we had cloned him and put two of him in the middle as opposed to Pratley / Mavies / Ream next to him, I would have put money on us staying up.

As for the manner of his departure, both him and the club knew what they were doing when the contract was signed with a relegation release clause. It was there, he was entitled to use it, he's put in a decent innings, and we've lost no net transfer spend.

Maybe he doesn't have faith in Coyle to turn things around - I know I'm sceptical, as are a lot of people.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Fri May 18, 2012 6:10 pm

One of my best moments of the season...

So, does this mean we don't get a sell-on fee?? :(
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 18, 2012 6:13 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Thanks are due to Nigel. If only others had shown his commitment last season. Good luck to him finding a club.
Commitment in sounding off to the local press making out like he cared when all along he'd be the one least affected by relegation? Where's this commitment now, eh? :conf:

I hope that the square-headed feck* can't find a club, so nerr!
May the bridges I burn light your way

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Fri May 18, 2012 6:16 pm

He will always have a special place in my heart for insulting Craig Bellamy.

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Fri May 18, 2012 6:18 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:He will always have a special place in my heart for insulting Craig Bellamy.

:oyea:

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri May 18, 2012 6:20 pm

i'm sure he spent most of his time shaking his head at teamcoyle .

he mustve thought "what have i walked into"

and done one at the earliest opportunity. despite certain risks of not finding a new club (or a good enough one).

that's what could be frightening - " i'm better off unemployed , that carry on working for them idiots "

feck. i hope thats not it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 18, 2012 6:21 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Commitment in sounding off to the local press making out like he cared when all along he'd be the one least affected by relegation? Where's this commitment now, eh? :conf:

I hope that the square-headed feck can't find a club, so nerr!
Aye. I think the alarm bells began ringing for me towards the end of the season when he kept coming in the press and saying the same things, especially when he kept intimating that the other players didn't care.

Some on here seem to be suggesting that, too which is nonsense IMO.

NRC tried hard. But you get the feeling he couldn't wait to feck off. Actions speak louder than words.