Is Bogdan really any better than Jussi??

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: Is Bogdan really any better than Jussi??

Post by TKIZ! » Fri May 25, 2012 2:01 pm

boltonboris wrote:Am I the only person who rates N'gog? He's 24, has more natural ability than most we've seen at our club and I reckon he'll fill his boots in the Championship
No, I think the same thing myself
Pfffft.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri May 25, 2012 6:29 pm

He's certainly a good 'footballer', I'm just not convinced he is a good striker. He makes Elmander look easy going and permanently confident. You can see he has technique, but then hesitates and passes a throw in straight back out, or delays and delays before shooting. Worrying thing for me was how spread out his goals were. Even when he scored he didn't look any more confident and likely to score. Next year massive for him. Make or break. I like him, and want him to kick on, but am far from convinced he will.

Still want to know if the rumours of him living in Adlington, well, Anderton, are true!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat May 26, 2012 8:12 pm

thebish wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Am I the only person who rates N'gog? He's 24, has more natural ability than most we've seen at our club and I reckon he'll fill his boots in the Championship
no - you're not... I think it this season could be the making of him... I think he'll relish the extra space and time he is afforded...

(but - bear in mind that I thought most seasons would be "Vaz Te's season"!)
I hope you're both right gents, I'm just hoping that he has that extra half a yard in this division which means he'll finally have the confidence to have a shot. I'm one of the people that think he's a pile of shit but he did the business against Millwall so there's hope yet.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 pm

I'm not so worried by the fact he doesn't score.

More worried by the fact he looks shit scared to shoot....

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat May 26, 2012 8:40 pm

A goal every 5 games is the bar set for him to be revered. Lets see.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat May 26, 2012 9:02 pm

TKIZ! wrote:

yep i rate him said so all season

difficult first season thought he did well (as can be expected) when played as a lone striker think he will do very well in the championship (give him loads of confidence) especially when someone will be partnering him up front
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sun May 27, 2012 3:17 am

plymouth wanderer wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:

yep i rate him said so all season

difficult first season thought he did well (as can be expected) when played as a lone striker think he will do very well in the championship (give him loads of confidence) especially when someone will be partnering him up front

Also agree. And I like his attitude. Never moans, despite working his g'nads off.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun May 27, 2012 8:35 am

It will certainly be a big season for Ngog, make or break to some degree. If he gets on a scoring run and gains confidence infront of goal he could finally fulfill his potential at the top level as his all round game is good enough and his problem has generally been a lack of confidence infront of goal. If he doesnt get goals in the championship then a career as a hardworking team man(ala Heskey/KD etc) beckons.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun May 27, 2012 11:12 am

He had three years at Liverpool where it was seemingly make and break the next season. Then he came to us. Surely that was his time to 'make or break'. To be honest hopefully he'll find his feet in the Championship and look ever more confident as its clear he's got skill but strikers should be arrogant and shooting at every opportunity they can and I don't think N'Gog is like that. He seems like a nice guy and always seems to have a smile on his face when u look through the training photos but we need someone clinical and we've just lost that in Ivan Klasnic.

For me its cometh the hour, cometh the Sordell.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 27, 2012 12:04 pm

Ngog will deliver next season when he has movement around him, unless that is Coyle plays cement boots Davies!

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sun May 27, 2012 3:04 pm

Hoboh wrote:Ngog will deliver next season when he has movement around him, unless that is Coyle plays cement boots Davies!
Oh look. Hoboh's awake, and has decided upon his scapegoat for today.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun May 27, 2012 3:09 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Hoboh wrote:Ngog will deliver next season when he has movement around him, unless that is Coyle plays cement boots Davies!
Oh look. Hoboh's awake, and has decided upon his scapegoat for today.

:lol:
be bloody glad when he hibernates
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun May 27, 2012 4:10 pm

The tramp man is correct.

In this instance only. :mrgreen:
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue May 29, 2012 4:39 pm

personally in the 11 years of following the club bodgan is the best keeper we have had. i brought his shirt the day they gave him his squad number he will definatly play for a much bigger team than us in 3 years time
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 pm

We said that with Jussi. I'd be happy enough if he had a career the same as the Finn with us, thankyouverymuch.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue May 29, 2012 4:42 pm

of course i want us to keep bodgan i just think he is already better than championship quality
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 29, 2012 4:45 pm

boltonboris wrote: Jussi ruptured his cruciates and we got Banks in on loan
You sure about that Boris? My memory is of the two of them going toe to toe for the keeper's shirt. Remember Banks making an utterly stunning save down at Pompey once. I actually preferred Banks over Jaaskelainen at that time.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Jussi ruptured his cruciates and we got Banks in on loan
You sure about that Boris? My memory is of the two of them going toe to toe for the keeper's shirt. Remember Banks making an utterly stunning save down at Pompey once. I actually preferred Banks over Jaaskelainen at that time.
Banks was a good goalkeeper, and Jussi was a pup who had to learn. I believe in subsequent posts it was pointed out that Matt Clarke replaced the ruptured Jussi for our last promotion run-in... didn't Clarke then see his own career ended prematurely wi' knee-knack?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue May 29, 2012 6:13 pm

Clarke in for Jussi wasn't at after Jussi's first season though. He'd been there a while as understudy to Branagan. Pretty sure he had a run in the side at one point, then out again, then Branagan did his knee against Huddersfield and Jussi was in all year. That was the Ipswich Barry Knight year. The year after Jussi did his own knee in about Feb and Clarke came in for the rest of the season plus playoffs.

Banks would have been a decent keeper if he hadn't been two foot tall!

And I think you are right on Clarke's own knee DSB. Plenty keepers with fooked up knees there.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue May 29, 2012 6:18 pm

Jussi made his debut in Jiminho's testimonial. Played brilliantly, then promptly disappeared from view for about a year (didn't he?), during which time we signed Banks (Blackpool?) as a really promising keeper because Brannie got the yips.

Clarke came in when Jussi got injured as he was (allegedly?) about to sign for United, in 2001. I think. Maybe.