where will we finish next season (formally next season)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: where will we finish next season (formally next season)

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 31, 2012 9:11 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:now jussi is gone we are down to 12 players that have made appearences before and a load of youngsters
Bogdan
Ricketts
Alonso
Ream
Riley
Mears
Pratley
Davies M
Holden
LCY
Petrov
Eagles
Davies K
Vela
NGog
Sordell

All those played for us at some point last season. I make that 16......

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:15 am

mears hasent played, sordell and vela have played about a halve between them and i dont even think riley has played a full game. in my opinion to have made a full apearence you have to have played 90 mins so that is 12
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:16 am

my 200th post
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 31, 2012 9:17 am

thebish wrote:
jaffka wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
jaffka wrote:The first time I have posted on this.

I think that we will an average season and finish mid table.

There, feck it, bah humfeckinbug.
Finishing mid table in the championship next season is not an 'average season' it's a fecking unmitigated catastrophic disaster.
Seeing as your barometer would indicate that promotion is an average season, what would constitute as a fantastic season then?
it sounds a little bit like BWFCi thinks we have some kind of divine right to be in the Barclay's Premier league...
When you consider over the last 15 years the lowest we've finished is 6th in the championship, I think saying that finishing significantly lower than that would be an "average season" is complete and utter nonsense.

Added to that, when you go down, the biggest parachute payment you get is the first year. The club have kept together a squad with enough quality in it to do well. Clearly they are looking to return at the first ask. That should be the target. As it was for Sam at West Ham. As he said before the play offs "if we don't come back up its a disaster". Quite right.

With the players we've got, if you think Coyle is in anyway competent and don't set the the target for promotion, then you're setting your expectations low, because deep down you realise Coyle is a dud but you just don't want to admit it publically to prove a point.

Holden, LCY, Mark Davies, Eagles, Sordell, Ricketts....good players for that division. Nobody is saying it will be easy, but owt other than promotion is failure.

Unless you have small club ambitions. Which is clearly not the route to success.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 31, 2012 9:17 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:mears hasent played, sordell and vela have played about a halve between them and i dont even think riley has played a full game. in my opinion to have made a full apearence you have to have played 90 mins so that is 12
Mears played at Norwich, Riley played a full game against Stoke.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:18 am

fair enough on riley but inm on about played for us

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:19 am

mears has never played for norwich

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 31, 2012 9:20 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
When you consider over the last 15 years the lowest we've finished is 6th in the championship, I think saying that finishing significantly lower than that would be an "average season" is complete and utter nonsense.

hmmm... but to say finishing mid-table would be "a fecking unmitigated catastrophic disaster" leaves no language for getting relegated to the next league down...

and - over our history - I don't think mid-table championship is all that far off average!! who do you think we are??

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:20 am

traditionally we are a championship team. end off

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:29 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:traditionally we are a championship team. end off
Not actually true. I believe that an analysis of all seasons since 1900 shows BWFC's average position to be 17th in the football league (including what is now, laughably, called the Barclays Premier League)

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:32 am

yes but i think we have spent the majority of are time as a football club in the second tier. untill we had four tears in the football league it can not be compared to. we are 17th because up untill 1900 there was about 30 teams playing in what we now know as the football league

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 31, 2012 9:42 am

It's going to be a looooooooooong day.

We have spent more time in the top division (what it's called isn't really relevant) of English football than any other - 73 Seasons, compared to 28 in the second tier, 11 in the third tier and 1 in the fourth tier.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:44 am

yes but during that period of time how much was in the first division when there was less than 4 divisions

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 31, 2012 9:52 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:yes but during that period of time how much was in the first division when there was less than 4 divisions
What's that got to do with anything?

Fourth Division was created in the 1950's. Prior to that, our lowest finish was 7th in the Second Division. (So we'd have never dropped to the Fourth Division even if it had been there earlier)

The Third Division came into being in 1920, prior to which our lowest ever finish was still 7th in Division 2. (So we'd never have dropped to the Third Division even if it had been there earlier)

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:59 am

so that means untill 4 leagues were created no comparison can be made with now.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:05 am

it like me saying in the 1930s "and this is just an example" we are the 20th best team in england after finishing 20th in the first division even though there are no lower divisions. if you heard thatnow you would think we came bottom of the first division that season not we came bottom of english football that season. do you understand?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu May 31, 2012 10:06 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:it like me saying in the 1930s "and this is just an example" we are the 20th best team in england after finishing 20th in the first division even though there are no lower divisions. if you heard thatnow you would think we came bottom of the first division that season not we came bottom of english football that season. do you understand?

No
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 31, 2012 10:09 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:so that means untill 4 leagues were created no comparison can be made with now.
Completely irrelevant - if we'd have never been in the bottom tier anyhow prior to that point.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 31, 2012 10:10 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:it like me saying in the 1930s "and this is just an example" we are the 20th best team in england after finishing 20th in the first division even though there are no lower divisions. if you heard thatnow you would think we came bottom of the first division that season not we came bottom of english football that season. do you understand?
But we didn't. So it's irrelevant.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:11 am

i give up. what i am basically trying to say is you cant make comparisons unless all variables are the same apart from the one your measuring its like a scientific experimant