Football Kit Collections

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Football Kit Collections

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Does anybody have the Bolton home kit from 1990 that they'd be willing to sell?

It's the final Matchwinner kit, but was sponsored by Reebok.

Looks like this...
bolton 1990.jpg
bolton 1990.jpg (20.65 KiB) Viewed 6025 times

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Football Kit Collections

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:32 am

I've got that one and the yellow one (that they knocked up for the Southampton replay) though neither are in startling nick).
May the bridges I burn light your way

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:38 am

Yes I've got that one. But unfortunately it'd take a fair whack to part with it.

I'd check out the usual places and even think about contacting 'Matchwinner' if they are still around because you never know they may still have some.

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - they have the yellow one for sale
Pfffft.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:55 am

Oooo. I'd not seen that site before.

Fancy this now.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:58 am

Glad I could be of help and point you in the right direction. Couple of nice tops on there. Like the early nineties training top myself and the first Umbro top
Pfffft.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:09 am

Aye - cheers, Zico. ;)

I think I've still got the old run-out top that was also made by Matchwinner and had Reebok emblazoned across the back.

I think that Matchwinner are based in the old White Lion (facing the Gypsy's Tent).

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:12 am

Matchwinner made great home tops. Adidas take note
Pfffft.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:48 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Yes I've got that one. But unfortunately it'd take a fair whack to part with it.

I'd check out the usual places and even think about contacting 'Matchwinner' if they are still around because you never know they may still have some.

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - they have the yellow one for sale
I've checked all the usual places, and the only one at a decent price that I can see isn't in great nick and would also be huge on me.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:48 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I've got that one and the yellow one (that they knocked up for the Southampton replay) though neither are in startling nick).
Willing to part with it, Bruce?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:58 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:I've got that one and the yellow one (that they knocked up for the Southampton replay) though neither are in startling nick).
Which one, white or yellow?

As I say, neither are in great nick as the Reebok on the chest has faded on both. Tell you what - I'll picture them later and put them on here and you can see what you think.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:56 pm

Always surprised that a retro line wasn't brought out of the early-mid 90's tops as they wouldn't have conflicted with the Reebok deal. Matchwinner are still in existence but I doubt would get licensing permission to re-make their BWFC tops.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:53 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:Always surprised that a retro line wasn't brought out of the early-mid 90's tops as they wouldn't have conflicted with the Reebok deal. Matchwinner are still in existence but I doubt would get licensing permission to re-make their BWFC tops.
I often thought that but they had no problems reproducing the old Normid tops that I've seen in the club shop
Pfffft.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:57 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Leyther_Matt wrote:Always surprised that a retro line wasn't brought out of the early-mid 90's tops as they wouldn't have conflicted with the Reebok deal. Matchwinner are still in existence but I doubt would get licensing permission to re-make their BWFC tops.
I often thought that but they had no problems reproducing the old Normid tops that I've seen in the club shop
Aye - and didn't they reproduce the old Umbro ones with the diamonds down the sleeves, too?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:00 pm

Aye, the old plain white ones and red away. Not sure whether they are worth the 30 notes but not bad if you don't want to wear the latest shirt. As I get older I appreciate the older tops more, I've got about 8 or 9 now and you look at them and it's an instant reminder of where we've been and what we've done :)
Pfffft.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:09 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
They were made by an outside company I think and didn't have the Matchwinner logo on, just the Normid one and the old BWFC badge.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:11 pm

Aye - well, I'm well off the new kit rat-wheel, especially as the club change them every 20 minutes. Retro tops are good forever. I've got this one.

Image :oyea:

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:24 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
Which one, white or yellow?

As I say, neither are in great nick as the Reebok on the chest has faded on both. Tell you what - I'll picture them later and put them on here and you can see what you think.
I'm after the white one - basically, I'm trying to complete my home kit collection; from birth to the present day. I'm only missing the Normid shirt, which I'm gonna get from the club's retro collection, and the one pictured above...

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:37 pm

The Normid one is really hard to get but I saw a Normid goalkeeping shirt for £144.99 on a certain site and thought bloody hell wished I'd kept mine now
Pfffft.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:47 pm

TKIZ! wrote:The Normid one is really hard to get but I saw a Normid goalkeeping shirt for £144.99 on a certain site and thought bloody hell wished I'd kept mine now
Please TKIZ, please. Goalies wear "jerseys". :evil:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:13 pm

truewhite15 wrote: I'm after the white one - basically, I'm trying to complete my home kit collection; from birth to the present day. I'm only missing the Normid shirt, which I'm gonna get from the club's retro collection, and the one pictured above...
Well, this is it. As I say, not in the best of nick, faded, minor plucks, one tiny cig-ash hole :oops:.