Burnley Tickets

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

alpeters
Hopeful
Hopeful

Burnley Tickets

Post by alpeters » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:25 pm

Anyone know when the Burnley tickets go on sale and what allocation we will be getting ?.
English By Birth Boltonion By the Grace Of God RIP The 33 9/3/1946

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Re: Burnley Tickets

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:58 pm

Yes and no.

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:44 pm

When I rang up the other day, they said 17th July for season ticket holders, week after for non-st's.

Can't.wait.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:22 pm

IIRC for the cup game we got around 3.5k so I expect that we'll get the same
The Voice Of Reason

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:55 pm

NiceHotCuppaTea wrote:When I rang up the other day, they said 17th July for season ticket holders, week after for non-st's.

Can't.wait.
Season Ticket Holders – Tuesday 17th July

Members/Lifeline members – Monday 23rd July

Open Sale – Wednesday 25th July

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:46 am

£31

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:52 am

P.O.S. wrote:£31
Confirmed?

Or just because that's the highest price ticket that they are charging their own fans for this game?

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:02 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Confirmed?

Or just because that's the highest price ticket that they are charging their own fans for this game?
It's a 'Category A' game, based on extracting the maximum amounts of revenue from teams that are likely to bring the biggest support. I'm not sure much consideration has been given to their own supporters who are also going to have to shell out the same amount.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:15 pm

Feck me, £31?? :shock:

Having purchased our ST's I was looking forward to a few away days thrown in as well. If this is going to be par for the course, I wont be doing many. £62 for Mrs G & I - a week before pay day :whack:

Of course, by tomorrow I'll have come round to the idea and be queuing up with the bendy plastic on the 17th :grin:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:23 pm

31 quid???!!! They're having a laugh surely?? That's scandalous!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:47 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:31 quid???!!! They're having a laugh surely?? That's scandalous!
Aren't the away ticket prices agreed and set by both clubs and we'll be charging them the same, or have I been told an untruth?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:52 pm

Frankly I'm always embarrassed when we rip other fans off. 31 quid for a Championship game is scandalous, particularly to sit in that 1930's wooden shithole they call an away stand.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:36 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:31 quid???!!! They're having a laugh surely?? That's scandalous!
Aren't the away ticket prices agreed and set by both clubs and we'll be charging them the same, or have I been told an untruth?
Only such arrangement that I'm aware of is the one between ourselves and Blackburn, when it was agreed that tickets for both sets of fans cost a tenner.

Though I'm not even sure if that's still the case this season.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:48 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Only such arrangement that I'm aware of is the one between ourselves and Blackburn, when it was agreed that tickets for both sets of fans cost a tenner.

I'm unsure. Actually, does anyone know what we charged QPR after they tried to charge us a squillion brick last year? I suppose that that might help answer it.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:00 pm

Tuesday?

We've had no announcement. Surely they won't announce the day before.we will see.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:25 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I'm unsure. Actually, does anyone know what we charged QPR after they tried to charge us a squillion brick last year? I suppose that that might help answer it.
£22 for the most expensive ticket, as per their official website.

S'pose it would make sense if there wasn't an agreement; as it would then allow clubs to extract as much coin as they can get away with from those with with largest away support, without ripping off their own fans for the return visit.

Not that it makes it right, or fair, of course.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:42 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
That rings a bell but I'm also wondering if you - and I - are getting confused with the ol' rule that you can't charge away fans more than home fans for the same fixture.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:55 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
That rings a bell but I'm also wondering if you - and I - are getting confused with the ol' rule that you can't charge away fans more than home fans for the same fixture.
Well, as Nicko58 points out, home tickets are a max £22. Narr then, when we we were at t'rervers a few years back and it all kicked off in The Riverside Stand, despite Allardyce's embarrassing protestations that "Mike Reed caused a riot" (Oh dear :oops: ) the truth of the matter was that Blackburn fans could sit in said stand, cash on the door, a tenner in, and a load of ours, skinful safely aboard, decided to take up that very option. :?

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:00 pm

Ticket prices are set by the home club. The visiting team doesn't have a say in it. Burnley fans will also have to pay £31, unless they are season ticket holders in which case it will work out a lot less than that.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:42 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Tuesday?

We've had no announcement. Surely they won't announce the day before.we will see.
I've know about it being Tuesday for the last week for the sale....just not the price.