Trotters pics

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Trotters pics

Post by Always hopeful » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:51 pm

Nicko58 wrote:Some time ago I discovered that if you enter 'Bolton British Pathe' into the search bar on Youtube, you can find quite a few old clips of Bolton at Burnden and elsewhere. There's an absolute belter of a video of the White Horse final, featuring the build-up, highlights and an unfortunately silent interview with the victorious captain Joe Smith, which can be found here, and then there's this one which shows the 1926 FA Cup final. Some of the matches from the earlier rounds of the cup in the 20's and 50's have also been uploaded.

My favourite, however, has to be this one from a game at Burnden against the now defunct South Shields in 1926. Check out that mascot eight seconds in... :D
Check out the commentary at 0:55 on this one. Sounds familiar.
Hope is what keeps us going.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:56 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:Some time ago I discovered that if you enter 'Bolton British Pathe' into the search bar on Youtube, you can find quite a few old clips of Bolton at Burnden and elsewhere. There's an absolute belter of a video of the White Horse final, featuring the build-up, highlights and an unfortunately silent interview with the victorious captain Joe Smith, which can be found here, and then there's this one which shows the 1926 FA Cup final. Some of the matches from the earlier rounds of the cup in the 20's and 50's have also been uploaded.

My favourite, however, has to be this one from a game at Burnden against the now defunct South Shields in 1926. Check out that mascot eight seconds in... :D
That's Gunnersaurus!! Arsenal stole our mascot. :evil:
It's fecking embarrassing. At least we got it out of the way over 100 years ago!
May the bridges I burn light your way

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:29 pm

Which stand is the camera facing?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:29 am

jaffka wrote:Which stand is the camera facing?
It's facing the original Burnden Stand, which made for the newun upon the sale of David Jack to Arsenal.

Brucie Boy - ITK! :oyea:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:26 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

It's fecking embarrassing. At least we got it out of the way over 100 years ago!

Is it as bad as Felix the Cat? 35 seconds in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAXAtwE2dy8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:10 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

Is it as bad as Felix the Cat? 35 seconds in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAXAtwE2dy8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol: What the juddering feck was that?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:29 pm

Thirty six years to the day since this. The first game that I ever attended, the first and still the best goal that I have ever seen live! 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0z_arXZ8nM

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 03, 2015 2:48 pm

Click on the Burnden Park link on this one: https://plus.google.com/100336662217004212598/posts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 14, 2015 2:12 pm

"Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those that tresspass against us." Sometimes very hard to do.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 15, 2015 2:17 pm

I'll stick with not being forgiven on my trespasses and feck the wankers, thank you.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 15, 2015 2:46 pm

This picture was taken 10 years ago today as we beat Everton in Hierro's last game. And we only needed 10 men ;)

feck me - how the mighty have fallen.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 15, 2015 2:52 pm

Bad man, Brucie. :-(

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat May 16, 2015 8:58 pm

What a squad that 04-05 season had.

That season had:

Jaidi, Speed, Hierro, Les Ferdinand, Diouf, Candela, Jussi, Laville, TB Haim, Campo, Okocha, Pedersen, Stelios, Gardner, N'Gotty.

Even the following were under contract for the season (despite leaving early on): Jardel, Djorkaeff

No wonder we finished sixth that year.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat May 16, 2015 11:41 pm

Mar wrote:What a squad that 04-05 season had.

That season had:

Jaidi, Speed, Hierro, Les Ferdinand, Diouf, Candela, Jussi, Laville, TB Haim, Campo, Okocha, Pedersen, Stelios, Gardner, N'Gotty.

Even the following were under contract for the season (despite leaving early on): Jardel, Djorkaeff

No wonder we finished sixth that year.
How soon they forget the two Kevins.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun May 17, 2015 11:57 am

I thought Djorkaeff ran out of contract in June, wanted more than we offered and went up the Devil's Highway to Ewood?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun May 17, 2015 2:06 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I thought Djorkaeff ran out of contract in June, wanted more than we offered and went up the Devil's Highway to Ewood?
Indeed, for all of three games.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 18, 2015 10:52 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I thought Djorkaeff ran out of contract in June, wanted more than we offered and went up the Devil's Highway to Ewood?
I thought it was because BSA's retinue of Quacks said that one of his knees was about to blow - which it did. :?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed May 20, 2015 2:39 pm

Big Sam and Jim McDonough, in action at Burnden Park 1978.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed May 20, 2015 7:08 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Big Sam and Jim McDonough, in action at Burnden Park 1978.

Operation Yew-Tree may want a copy
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 21, 2015 8:20 am

Hard to imagine Tom Heaton and Jason Shackell mingling with the fans and happily pulling that kind of face