owen out 2012/2013

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: owen out 2012/2013

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:24 pm

It's in Davies' and Gartside's nature to be tolerant, to think long term and not to be knee jerk. For that we should be appreciative, coz it's a good trait.

However, just like Megson, I watched the two closlely in the infamous 2-2 v Hull ... & they knew it was too far gone. When the fans booed, longer & louder then I've ever heard as he brought McCann on theyn knew there was no more time to waste.

With luck, they'll realise more quickly this time.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:47 pm

I hate to admit it, but when you've gone down with a whimper one season, and have one of the strongest squads on paper in the league, and STILL go down with a whimper to an exceptionally average side in the league below, it's time to change the one thing that you didn't try to change last season.

We've tried formations. Personel. Now it's time to try the manager. He's got to go.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:49 pm

bobo the clown wrote:It's in Davies' and Gartside's nature to be tolerant, to think long term and not to be knee jerk. For that we should be appreciative, coz it's a good trait.

However, just like Megson, I watched the two closlely in the infamous 2-2 v Hull ... & they knew it was too far gone. When the fans booed, longer & louder then I've ever heard as he brought McCann on theyn knew there was no more time to waste.

With luck, they'll realise more quickly this time.
you're a miserable feck!! And I'd know one!! :wink:

dasher
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dasher » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:04 pm

truewhite15 wrote:I hate to admit it, but when you've gone down with a whimper one season, and have one of the strongest squads on paper in the league, and STILL go down with a whimper to an exceptionally average side in the league below, it's time to change the one thing that you didn't try to change last season.

We've tried formations. Personel. Now it's time to try the manager. He's got to go.
Cant say I am that convinced we do have that strong a squad on paper and well all know get them on grass and they are clueless. We have a lot of journeymen who have played for yo yo teams and some championship quality players

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:06 pm

I'm beginning to think the board posters are in the minority. At the Barca B game there were still chants in support of Coyle. It's like online forums are a parallel universe to the ones on the stands. The atmosphere at the ground(last season I'm talking) was completely different to on the boards towards Coyle. That might change this season but there isn't an anti Coyle sentiment on the stands as much as say Megson.

Edit: COYLE OUT!
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:26 pm

But...but...if Owen leaves what do we do with Nixon??

dasher
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dasher » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:29 pm

Dr.Karl wrote:I'm beginning to think the board posters are in the minority. At the Barca B game there were still chants in support of Coyle. It's like online forums are a parallel universe to the ones on the stands. The atmosphere at the ground(last season I'm talking) was completely different to on the boards towards Coyle. That might change this season but there isn't an anti Coyle sentiment on the stands as much as say Megson.

There are also a lot of people in the stands who think Coyle was a good player for Bolton as well :conf:

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:38 pm

Dr.Karl wrote:I'm beginning to think the board posters are in the minority. At the Barca B game there were still chants in support of Coyle. It's like online forums are a parallel universe to the ones on the stands. The atmosphere at the ground(last season I'm talking) was completely different to on the boards towards Coyle. That might change this season but there isn't an anti Coyle sentiment on the stands as much as say Megson.

I think its because, no matter how much he fecks up on match day (when it actually counts :whack: ), the other 90% of the time he actually talks touches of sense and comes across as a genuine person. Im not saying its right, this is a results based job of course, but that's how I see it.

For example i've just been reading his post match thoughts here; http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/mana ... 19934.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and every feckin time I see something like this I usually agree, and every feckin time I think 'oh at least he'll realise 4-4-2 is wrong/Kevo is too old/Sordell is actually good/Mark Davies isn't next week' alas it never happens.

It's almost like the best thing he could do (apart from winning some games!) would be to turn against the fans but like I said he has the majority, myself included i'm ashamed to admit, relatively in the pocket. :oops: :oops:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:40 pm

The fans have certainly given him a fair crack of the whip and even at half time today when it was obvious were sliding toward defeat, they were still singing his name. We go 0-2 down and he starts changing the deckchairs on the titanic i.e No tactical changes just a shift in personnel.

The response of most at full time (those that were still in there) suggests a couple more performances like that and it wont just be Worthy getting his bedsheets out.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:48 pm

wanderers_on_tour wrote:But...but...if Owen leaves what do we do with Nixon??
I'm sold.

Coyle Out.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:01 pm

People that post on forums tend to be whiny buggers (like myself) that come on to rant and moan about Bolton. It's no coincidence that when we're doing well, post figures are down across forums and when we do shit they go up. People that don't go on forums are the ones that don't see what a mess we are in and just chant the manager's name regardless. That's why it seems like we're in the minority... and we are!

It's very much swaying in the Coyle out brigade these days though, I'd say it's about 50/50 from what I can hear around me.

I personally want him out of this club now, despite me still liking the guy, his recruitment policy and his vision. It's just that he's not fecking good enough. Despite all this, the reality is he's not going to be sacked so we just have to put up with it.

It took 18 months of 100% Megson abuse for him to get sacked. Do you all think that because 50% of the supporters want him out and the other 50% chant his name that he's going to get sacked? No chance. Especially after Gartside confirming he's here for the long run at the end of season bash last season.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:03 pm

Gail Platz wrote:

People that post on forums tend to be whiny buggers (like myself) that come on to rant and moan about Bolton. It's no coincidence that when we're doing well, post figures are down across forums and when we do shit they go up. People that don't go on forums are the ones that don't see what a mess we are in and just chant the manager's name regardless. That's why it seems like we're in the minority... and we are!

It's very much swaying in the Coyle out brigade these days though, I'd say it's about 50/50 from what I can hear around me.

I personally want him out of this club now, despite me still liking the guy, his recruitment policy and his vision. It's just that he's not fecking good enough. Despite all this, the reality is he's not going to be sacked so we just have to put up with it.

It took 18 months of 100% Megson abuse for him to get sacked. Do you all think that because 50% of the supporters want him out and the other 50% chant his name that he's going to get sacked? No chance. Especially after Gartside confirming he's here for the long run at the end of season bash last season.
Really

Just what is it you like, cos I'm not seeing it
Sto ut Serviam

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Reet. To all those who weren't there here is why he should be out on his arse.

The most stark thing about today was fitness and how the staff have not tuned these proffessional athletes over the summer. We competed for 30 minutes. Not 90, 80, but 30. Not even half the game.

There was no plan. We set up 442 but there were gaps large enough for the proverbial double decker bus, paroticularly between centre halves, and also midfield defence.

He's gradually replaced a what was sorted right side of the defense with Tyrone fecking Mears. He couldn't pass wind. Meanwhile a competent right back plays left back. You know when a players injured and you dont have a replacement, so someone slots in for half a game, or a couple of games? He thinks this is a permenant solution. It's painfull to watch as he keeps trying to cut inside. I know coyle sometimes inverts wingers but this will cost us goals. Meanwhile a £2.5million left back sits on the bench. Rightly as well cos he's shit.

Ream still can't head and makes mistakes...yet a centre half he paid £2million for,has played pe season, and has plenty of experience sits on the bench.

He keeps shoehorning Mark Davies into a 2 in central midfield, yet thinks he is the best midfielder in england or summat.

We still look shit off corners. Burnley played one across the floor and it caused panic!

Their two goals looked shambolic. I only saw the first properly from my seat but it bounced 3 times in our own box!

He plays kevin davies. Starts him. As captain. Stumpy hardly moved today. He playshim, yet we dont seem to use him either...no flick ons, long throws, nowt. I think Sordell will be good but he's raw at the moment...afobe even rawer.

He hasn't learned anything/he istoo stubborn to admit his mistakes. He ha a squad, albeit with injuries, more than capable of staying up. He has a squad, more than capable of promotion (though it needs a left back and a tackler in midfield). The longer he is here to ruin it the less likely it is to achieve its aims. Anynew manager and coaching staff will need to pick up the shambles of this pre season and get the players fit.

Burnley fans were tame today i thought...though our lot stuck up for coyle i cant see it lasting (bit of one upmanship going on - hes shit but hes ours). Dead man walking IMO just like Megson was.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:05 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Gail Platz wrote:

Really

Just what is it you like, cos I'm not seeing it
He still credits the fans (unlike Megson that used to slag us off)

I like the recruitment of players like Sordell and Afobe, and less of the old fat lumps

I don't like his tactics

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:14 pm

Gail Platz wrote: He still credits the fans (unlike Megson that used to slag us off)

I like the recruitment of players like Sordell and Afobe, and less of the old fat lumps
Hmm, Allardyce called us 'ignorant and naive' but got us in to Europe

His recruiting has got us to where we were at 4.50 today

Shambles
Sto ut Serviam

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:15 pm

Oh and fat kit man...! fecking fat bastard feck off feck off feck off! Are the players on his diet? Its emberassing seing him on the field in a training top. looks like they picked someone from the crowd.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:25 pm

Let's just remember from the forum. This is the group of players Coyle wanted. It's a young and fit and hungry squad with competition for all positions.

In his own words 'not achieving promotion would be failure'.

There are no more excuses. This is the lowest point the club has been at since Todd resigned when Frandsen was sold and we were in real danger of administration.

What makes me most angry is that the deficiencies are so glaringly obvious, it almost seems like he deliberately won't do anything about them, because that would be admitting their existence, and thus that perhaps he's made mistakes in the past. I honestly believe he is desperately trying to cling onto the dying embers of his career rather than trying to do the right thing by BWFC.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Promotion or one game. Same thing.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:30 pm

These pbvious deficiencies aren't obvious to me

The whole thing is such a sorry mess I can't really put my finger on owt in particular

Seeing as it's obvious, share 'em
Sto ut Serviam

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:30 pm

The Coyle supporting chants musta been fairly localised - I didn't hear any in NSL.

There were plenty of folk near me giving Captain Clueless stick last season - but it was in isolated groups of one or two. My biggest worry is we remain about 7th in touching distance of 6th for some time - all the Coyle sympathists will spend all fecking season trying to convince us there's nowt seriously wrong. He couldn't convince me he's a Prem manager, if we were top of the Championship all season. I'd still want him out, because he's showed he's clueless in the Prem.

You're right though, that there's nothing like the antipathy that there was towards Megson, but you have to remember, that started before his first game in charge.