owen out 2012/2013

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: owen out 2012/2013

Post by BL3 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:38 pm

The fans made their views clear about Megson. So far Coyle hasn't had that sort of abuse. That suggests that the opinions posted by a relatively small number on message boards aren't shared by the majority.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:41 pm

BL3 wrote:The fans made their views clear about Megson. So far Coyle hasn't had that sort of abuse. That suggests that the opinions posted by a relatively small number on message boards aren't shared by the majority.
Different scenario. Sammy Lee didn't get the Megson treatment from the fans but the fans were unanimous he had to go....

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:53 pm

Could be a matter of time. Megson encouraged hatred whereas coyle hasnt inspite of looking clueless.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:20 pm

Remember this anyone - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdZ8HJc9HH8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

I reckon Coyle has turned this room into a creche and fat kitman sits in here watching Toy Story all day...We neer have a fecking clue what the opposition do any more.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:22 pm

BL3 wrote:The fans made their views clear about Megson. So far Coyle hasn't had that sort of abuse. That suggests that the opinions posted by a relatively small number on message boards aren't shared by the majority.
I wonder how many are like me though, in that I really wan't Coyle to be the man to turn it round but feel he's probably unable to. Listening to him at the fan's forum the guy's ideology and vision of how the club should operate are bang on the money, but yesterday we saw time and time again blokes in white shirts seemingly unable to pass the ball to another bloke in the same coloured kit! :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:24 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
I wonder how many are like me though, in that I really wan't Coyle to be the man to turn it round but feel he's probably unable to. Listening to him at the fan's forum the guy's ideology and vision of how the club should operate are bang on the money, but yesterday we saw time and time again blokes in white shirts seemingly unable to pass the ball to another bloke in the same coloured kit! :conf:
Yep he talks the right words. But can't implement them.

There were two questions at the forum he stumbled over and couldn't answer, said it all really. Can see why he does well initially with enthusiasm and building momentum, but I don't believe there is any substance to match the style.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Yep he talks the right words. But can't implement them.

There were two questions at the forum he stumbled over and couldn't answer, said it all really. Can see why he does well initially with enthusiasm and building momentum, but I don't believe there is any substance to match the style.
Same here.

Megson started from a completely different place for a start off. He got booed before he'd taken charge properly - waffa cup game against someone? - never accepted and that was made clear during his entire tenure.

At the ground on Tuesday, I'm not likely to "make my views clear", by singing "you don't know what you're doing" as that's not going to help us. That doesn't mean to say I don't want him out of the Club on a charge of being not very good.

So I don't think it's any reflection on whether people want him gone or not.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:12 pm

The abuse post match yesterday as Captain Clueless walked towards us was something that took me back to the Megson days.
The feeling is only growing, sadly.

I still SO want him to succeed.
He isn't going to though. He has to go.

Anything less than 5 wins from the first 10 and I feel the feeling will grow to Megson levels.
Nobody wants it to get to that but yesterday was quite worrying at the end.
I turned to my Dad as it was happening as commented that sadly, I couldn't really argue against it. Not after 18 months of pure shambles.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:17 pm

I don't think the feeling will ever reach megson levels...

some of that is a mystery - the ludicrous levels of hatred before he arrived - I doubt that much of what developed was down to his performance as a manager (though it didn't exactly help) - but that he was perceived to have contempt for the fans...

Coyle can be as shoite as a big pile of shoite - but I doubt the abuse will ever reach megson levels - because it is not "personal" in the same way - Coyle is not perceived to have contempt for the fans - he's just perceived as being shoite at his job... and that's different.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:19 pm

Maybe not. But you get me.
It will get bad enough.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:21 pm

Makes me wish he was a little more Megson like and would speak his mind and maybe even have a go back.

Would give us an excuse to get rid of the bloody hopeless twonk.
Clearly his shocking managerial ability and record isn't enough.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:25 pm

thebish wrote:I don't think the feeling will ever reach megson levels...

some of that is a mystery - the ludicrous levels of hatred before he arrived - I doubt that much of what developed was down to his performance as a manager (though it didn't exactly help) - but that he was perceived to have contempt for the fans...

Coyle can be as shoite as a big pile of shoite - but I doubt the abuse will ever reach megson levels - because it is not "personal" in the same way - Coyle is not perceived to have contempt for the fans - he's just perceived as being shoite at his job... and that's different.
Indeed. It's a different situation. Like Sammy Lee never received abuse, didn't mean folk thought he had a clue.

And some fans were still comparing Megson to Allardyce, even though the side Megson took over were bottom with the worst start to a season in 50 odd years or sommat.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:36 pm

thebish wrote: Coyle is not perceived to have contempt for the fans - he's just perceived as being shoite at his job... and that's different.
Bish your absolutely right - the abuse will never be at the level Megson got and rightly so....but we can't just sit back and let him ruin the club even more than he already has....he really is clueless.

He got a fair amount of stick / abuse at the end of the game yesterday, and if we lose against Derby I think we'll hear our 1st 'Coyle Out' chants at the Bok - patience is a little thin amongst a lot of the fans from last season and since Wembley etc...and I think Derby is already a massive game both for Coyle & the fans - win and I think we'll settle down and press on - but lose again and its almost panic stations after just two games.

Losing week after week against better teams in the prem is one thing, but getting beat week after week against average championship sides is totally different - I don't think even PG will give him 10 games, if we don't have 3 points after the Forest game he'll be gone IMO

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Like Sammy Lee never received abuse, didn't mean folk thought he had a clue.
Not 'abuse' per-se, but I take it you weren't at this game then. Losing 1-0 and his shuffle of the pack removed any doubt. The Gil Merrick Stand let him know in no uncertain terms - "You don't know what you're doing!"

http://www.11v11.com/matches/birmingham ... 07-278441/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May the bridges I burn light your way

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:42 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Clearly his shocking managerial ability and record isn't enough.
He doesn't have a 'shocking managerial record'. Far from it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:43 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: Like Sammy Lee never received abuse, didn't mean folk thought he had a clue.
Not 'abuse' per-se, but I take it you weren't at this game then. Losing 1-0 and his shuffle of the pack removed any doubt. The Gil Merrick Stand let him know in no uncertain terms - "You don't know what you're doing!"

http://www.11v11.com/matches/birmingham ... 07-278441/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah was there. Still not quite the same as what Megson received. The substitution of Davies for Pratley was booed by the crowd yesterday. Not quite sure why like.....

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:44 pm

BL3 wrote:
the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Clearly his shocking managerial ability and record isn't enough.
Bolton Wanderers record under Coyle: P 115 W39 D22 L54 W%33.91

It's pretty pants at Bolton.
That's enough for me.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:12 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:
BL3 wrote:

That's enough for me.
A win percentage of over a third isn't too bad. It's not that he has a shocking managerial record, he's got a relatively average managerial record. But his record with us over the last 18 months speaks for itself. He had a fantastic first year or so. But when a manager can't reverse the backwards momentum, you know it's time to get shot.

An example. 2003/04 season under Allardyce, we lost something like five in a row over Christmas. We nicked a draw in the last minute vs West Brom (thanks Dioufy) around New Year, and then won in the last minute next time out vs Birmingham. The run we went on then took us to the Carling Cup final. Perfect example of a good manager being able to get to grips with a poor run, halt it, and turn it around. Can you ever see Coyle managing something like that?

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Ah thats the game there was a near riot downstairs at half time. Didnt bother coming back to my seat till well past the hour it was that bad on the pitch

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:25 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:
BL3 wrote:

That's enough for me.
So pretty much the same win percentage as Allardyce had at Bolton then...