If Coyle gets the sack

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who would you like to take over if this dick gets the sack

Di Canio
19%
Mick McCarthy
16%
Billy Davies
7%
Hierro
9%
Campo
6%
Eddie Howe
1%
Curbishley
13%
Walter Smith
4%
Frank Spencer
9%
Other
17%

Total votes: 112

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: If Coyle gets the sack

Post by SmokinFrazier » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:14 pm

It'll be interesting to see who Blackburn get. They're a similar sized club to us so should be able to attract the same quality of manager we'd get if Coyle was sacked.

That said, if we win tomorrow, Coyle is a fair distance away from being sacked, I think.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:34 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:It'll be interesting to see who Blackburn get. They're a similar sized club to us so should be able to attract the same quality of manager we'd get if Coyle was sacked.

That said, if we win tomorrow, Coyle is a fair distance away from being sacked, I think.
rumour is they are trying to tempt coyle away!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:35 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:It'll be interesting to see who Blackburn get. They're a similar sized club to us so should be able to attract the same quality of manager we'd get if Coyle was sacked.

Yeah, cos working for the Venkys at Blackburn is entirely comparable....

I'd say that is about as far away as you can get from how Bolton are run...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:56 pm

Yup! Coyle for Rovers!

NWhiteley
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by NWhiteley » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:58 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Yup! Coyle for Rovers!

That would wind up the Burnley fans even more.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

The Venky's are loyal and have money. Managers aren't going to be bothered about how poorly the club is run when they would personally have such a free reign.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:32 pm

NWhiteley wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Yup! Coyle for Rovers!

That would wind up the Burnley fans even more.
I dunno
"He's taking you down; he's taking you down; Judas Coyle is taking you down again"

One relegation each for bolton and blackburn would probably make them happy.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:58 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

The Venky's are loyal and have money. Managers aren't going to be bothered about how poorly the club is run when they would personally have such a free reign.
Oh deary deary me.......

That's the most naive statement I think I've ever read on here....

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:15 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Oh deary deary me.......

Has something happened in the world of management that I'm unaware of? They're as mercenary as the players and you're kidding yourself if you think they won't accept a well paid job because behind the scenes, the owners are clueless. If it affected the budgets or they tried to dictate the tactics or whatever, maybe you'd be right but that isn't the case. Managers aren't going to reject the job because they are concerned about what the Venky's are doing. They're as self serving as players, who kiss the badge one week and request a transfer the next.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:42 am

Blackburn job is a no lose situation.

Do well and you're a genius for doing it under such pressure.

Do shit and its because of the wanker owners.

I'd fancy a bit of that for a million quid a year!!!!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:01 am

boltonboris wrote:Blackburn job is a no lose situation.

Do well and you're a genius for doing it under such pressure.

Do shit and its because of the wanker owners.

I'd fancy a bit of that for a million quid a year!!!!
Very true but it would be interesting to see what sort of contrct they are offering. The way they've dealt with Kean has been insane. Taking all that crap for so long letting him run preseason and make expensive signings putting them in the top 4 then gone after a handful of objectively positive results. They're all nuts.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:17 am

He might be a fair distance from being sacked in your head....and maybe Gartside's.

He should remain very close to the sack until he gets somewhere near his target.

1) of not getting relegated from the Premier League (last season's target)
2) two points per game and an automatic promotion (this season's target)

If Blackburn are similar to us they will get Souness. We've been told that plenty of times on here.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Alternatively, they actually got Kean. We should worry.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:04 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Oh deary deary me.......

Has something happened in the world of management that I'm unaware of? They're as mercenary as the players and you're kidding yourself if you think they won't accept a well paid job because behind the scenes, the owners are clueless. If it affected the budgets or they tried to dictate the tactics or whatever, maybe you'd be right but that isn't the case. Managers aren't going to reject the job because they are concerned about what the Venky's are doing. They're as self serving as players, who kiss the badge one week and request a transfer the next.
Ask yourself why Kean resigned? Ask yourself how many managers will take a job that involves a monthly trip to India to explain to your bosses what is happening.

How many managers would take a job where money is promised for a player, they come in for a medical then said money is withdrawn as your owners have been 'advised' by outside influences to buy a player youve never heard of from Portugal, against your will?

Managers are indeed 'self serving' that doesn't mean they are stupid.

It may be that someone unproven or desperate will take it to prove themselves, I don't see many with 'options' being remotely interested.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:39 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Ask yourself why Kean resigned? Ask yourself how many managers will take a job that involves a monthly trip to India to explain to your bosses what is happening.

How many managers would take a job where money is promised for a player, they come in for a medical then said money is withdrawn as your owners have been 'advised' by outside influences to buy a player youve never heard of from Portugal, against your will?

Managers are indeed 'self serving' that doesn't mean they are stupid.

It may be that someone unproven or desperate will take it to prove themselves, I don't see many with 'options' being remotely interested.
Kean was likely pushed into resigning. If you think he resigned because he had a problem with the owners, you're absolutely deluded. The owners gave Kean a massive amount of money in this transfer window. They gave him their full support so why exactly would he quit a month or so later because he had an issue with them? That makes no sense. Kean supported the owners and the owners supported him for a long, long time. They were great for Kean.

The plus side for a potential manager is they are able to blame everything on the owners. If they underperform, just mention a lack of harmony in a press conference and the next thing you know, every Blackburn fan is saying "Manager X is a good manager but the owners are ruining it. Venky's out!". There is far less pressure on a Blackburn manager than there would be on a Bolton manager, if Coyle was replaced. Coyle currently takes 100% of the blame, Kean only took 50% of the blame and that's the same going to the future.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:31 pm

Maybe the Blackburn manager was binned off because even despite of positive results the fans didn't get behind him.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:04 pm

I have backed Owen Coyle since he joined Bolton and refused to get on his back. But after today's game, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Please sack Coyle. He is just not good enough.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:53 pm

Should this now be changed to when for positivities sake? er Billy Davis anyone? It's not the most exciting list and I know curbs is potentially good but he doesnt seem to be that bothered when the jobs come up. Perhaps he's waiting for something decent down south?

Holden midfielder
Promising
Promising

Post by Holden midfielder » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:32 pm

Mar wrote:Maybe the Blackburn manager was binned off because even despite of positive results the fans didn't get behind him.
+1

Could not agree more, feel/felt exactly the same way. Time to "fook him right off.". Just keep this team intact, these players are good enough to get us promoted. Only req. Is a manger that has some tactical nous. This clown does not.

Holden midfielder
Promising
Promising

Post by Holden midfielder » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:36 pm

malcd1 wrote:I have backed Owen Coyle since he joined Bolton and refused to get on his back. But after today's game, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Please sack Coyle. He is just not good enough.
Sorry +1 to this post!