Worthy's better class of transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Worthy's better class of transfer thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:39 pm

chester white wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:It's not stacking up for me. First we've heard of it, with two days to go. Does he need a work permit?

It seems an odd one, because even if the 16M was ridiculous, it surely can't have been £16M too ridiculous. I can't see us spending any serious money, and how a player can drop from a media value of £16M to £300,000 in the space of a few months I honestly don't know.

And whilst we were linked with that Jedinak from Palace, (though I think that was probably just a half hearted attempt to piss them off and steal him for peanuts) we've not exactly been linked with lots of midfield players. And with Vela and Holden, virtually back in the fold and Mark Davies close apparently, then you'd have to question whether we'd really be spending more resources in that area at this time.

Who knows? It just all sounds a bit odd.
He's got a Finnish Citizenship as far as I can tell after escaping from the accommodation at the U17's FIFA Youth Tournament and applying for asylum haha!

Whilst my first priority would probably be a winger, I can see why he's after a central midfielder with a view to the long term.

If Freedman's favoured formation going forward is 4-2-3-1 then Mark Davies and Pratley will the two contesting for the position behind the striker.

Then for the sitters we've got the following:

Holden back which is great news, but we don't know if he's going to be half the player he was or if he might jog on for free in summer if a big club come calling.

Andrews who is 32, with an achilies injury he's been playing through for weeks, and no real indication as to when he's back or if he will need an operation as far as I'm aware.

Vela who is young and promising but ultimately unproven and also coming back from a relatively long term knee injury

Finally Spearing who isn't our player and indications are we won't be pursuing him on a permanent deal.

Ideally I'd like him to be a bit bigger in the Faye mould, but personally can see where Dougie is coming from on this one. Just hope he is as good Toni describes earlier.
Aye I agree with all that, we're a DM short, for sure.

Just seems a bit strange how it's come from absolutely nowhere.

Looks like it is real, guess we just have to wait and see if we "get it over the line" or not, and if we do, what the details are!

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
chester white wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:It's not stacking up for me. First we've heard of it, with two days to go. Does he need a work permit?

It seems an odd one, because even if the 16M was ridiculous, it surely can't have been £16M too ridiculous. I can't see us spending any serious money, and how a player can drop from a media value of £16M to £300,000 in the space of a few months I honestly don't know.

And whilst we were linked with that Jedinak from Palace, (though I think that was probably just a half hearted attempt to piss them off and steal him for peanuts) we've not exactly been linked with lots of midfield players. And with Vela and Holden, virtually back in the fold and Mark Davies close apparently, then you'd have to question whether we'd really be spending more resources in that area at this time.

He's got a Finnish Citizenship as far as I can tell after escaping from the accommodation at the U17's FIFA Youth Tournament and applying for asylum haha!

Whilst my first priority would probably be a winger, I can see why he's after a central midfielder with a view to the long term.

If Freedman's favoured formation going forward is 4-2-3-1 then Mark Davies and Pratley will the two contesting for the position behind the striker.

Holden back which is great news, but we don't know if he's going to be half the player he was or if he might jog on for free in summer if a big club come calling.

Andrews who is 32, with an achilies injury he's been playing through for weeks, and no real indication as to when he's back or if he will need an operation as far as I'm aware.

Vela who is young and promising but ultimately unproven and also coming back from a relatively long term knee injury

Finally Spearing who isn't our player and indications are we won't be pursuing him on a permanent deal.

Ideally I'd like him to be a bit bigger in the Faye mould, but personally can see where Dougie is coming from on this one. Just hope he is as good Toni describes earlier.

Looks like it is real, guess we just have to wait and see if we "get it over the line" or not, and if we do, what the details are!
Probably something to do with Alan Nixon being offline for over 24 hours! :twisted:
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:44 pm

chester white wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
chester white wrote:

Probably something to do with Alan Nixon being offline for over 24 hours! :twisted:
That, or General Mannerheim tapped him up - he is Finnish after all (sort of).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:51 pm

Its good to see Dougie doing his business quietly. Less chance of other clubs stepping in.

"Cue QPR offering him 100 grand a week when the plane lands"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:27 pm

He's a "top, top player" (c)

He'll be our best player & a real saviour around who'm we'll build our team for years to come.

These claims are not unrelated to the fact that I've never heard of him.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:32 pm

bobo the clown wrote:He's a "top, top player" (c)

He'll be our best player & a real saviour around who'm we'll build our team for years to come.

These claims are not unrelated to the fact that I've never heard of him.
That won't work for a starter Bobo. If "he"'s really any good somebody will snatch him away in no time flat then we'll have to find another, ad-infinitum.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:33 pm

He's mint.. He's at least a 20 for aggression and probably an 18 for stamina. only downside is, he's probably like a 9 or a 10 for creativity..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Toni_DelijeSever
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Toni_DelijeSever » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:38 pm

or 4 ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaVIQoyFue0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:17 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Armchair Wanderer wrote: Medo's wiki page already updated. That's good enough for me! 8)
Didn't your mother tell you, "Never take stweets from a stranger and don't believe anything wikipedia has to say" :spank:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:22 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Armchair Wanderer wrote: Medo's wiki page already updated. That's good enough for me! 8)
Didn't your mother Dougie tell you, "Never take stweets from a stranger and don't believe anything wikipedia has to say" :spank:
:lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: It seems an odd one, because even if the 16M was ridiculous, it surely can't have been £16M too ridiculous. I can't see us spending any serious money, and how a player can drop from a media value of £16M to £300,000 in the space of a few months I honestly don't know.
apparently he's got a broken leg and a nasty case of bad AIDS...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:30 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: It seems an odd one, because even if the 16M was ridiculous, it surely can't have been £16M too ridiculous. I can't see us spending any serious money, and how a player can drop from a media value of £16M to £300,000 in the space of a few months I honestly don't know.
Is that Addiction to Internet Devices Syndrome?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:55 pm

according the the Manchester evening News...
Craig Dawson received an impressive sales pitch from an unlikely source before agreeing his loan move from West Brom to Bolton.

The former Radcliffe Borough and Rochdale centre-half could make his Wanderers debut at Watford on Saturday.

Before his switch, the 22-year-old Team GB defender spoke to Olympic team-mate Marvin Sordell. And despite a torrid 12 months since arriving at the Reebok from Watford, Sordell provided a glowing report in return.

“I tried to get a little bit of inside information,” said Dawson. “And everything I heard was positive.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:58 pm

anyway - Medo - this is he:

and he sounds confident:

"I choose Bolton because I believe that they will return to the Premier League immediately. To play in the Premier League is my biggest dream."

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:13 pm

It's looking like a good window so far with some new faces who nay feature against burnley

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:50 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
BAD AIDS ? .... As opposed to the good type, eh ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

NWhiteley
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by NWhiteley » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:52 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
BAD AIDS ? .... As opposed to the good type, eh ??

Bobo, Did you never watch Brass Eye?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFNs2mOkKzc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by NWhiteley on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:54 pm

thebish wrote: ... and he sounds confident:

"I choose Bolton because I believe that they will return to the Premier League immediately. To play in the Premier League is my biggest dream."
Oooops.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:55 pm

Dawson wrote:I tried to get a little bit of inside information and everything I heard was positive.
Wonder if he mentioned Coyle left? :conf:

I used to watch Brass Eye.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:23 pm

The unnamed one has just tweeted.
Bolton ultra busy - couple in, poss couple out
So possibly Cian Bolger and Kamara in but who is the two out?
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.