Worthy's better class of transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Worthy's better class of transfer thread

Post by mrkint » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:08 am

Did you watch the video?

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:30 am

Salford Trotter wrote:,
LeverEnd wrote:Happy with that window, looks promising. Kamara looks a cracking deal. Shame there aren't enough games left to make a bid for this season.
If we can string 5 wins on the bounce you'll be surprised how close to the play-offs spots we'll be. It's a long shot I know but still possible, call it blind faith but we have enough players coming back from injury coupled with the new recuits we might still have a say in the end of season shake-up
I was talking about this before with a few mates, we're only 13 points behind 6th place... 16 behind 2nd... there's 54 points left to play for. Everybody bar Cardiff has been largely inconsistent, in the last 3 matches we beat a very good premier league side in Sunderland, we went to Palace and got a point... and then took one of the best sides in England right now and took them right to the wire and were very unlucky not to win... the fights there, the injuried players are back, new signings are at the club....
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:21 am

Yeah, this season isn't over yet. If we can go on a good run, like many other teams have this year, we'll be a handful of points away from the play off spots. We don't need to immediately get 6 or 7 wins on the bounce, but if we steadily increase our PPG, we'll be up there at the end of the season.

With Holden, Vela, Mark Davies, Craig Davies, Medo, Wheater, Sordell and De Ridder coming into the team, we're going to have a lot of fresh players. Whilst other teams have got off to a better start than us, how many have the depth of quality we have? I can see our 'good run' come at the very end of the season when other teams are physically shattered and we have quality, fit players to bring in, like Mark Davies.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:48 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xuMwfUqJJM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Surely this could be adapted to make a nice sing song for Kamara?

We are 100% sure we've not signed Chris Kamara aren't we?
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:54 am

I'm a big advocate of having a big black guy in front of the back 4. This signing pleases me.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:56 am

I suppose its just me but what happened to all the 'dross' folk were saying Freedman would bin during the winter window? Oh and to think Freedman was saying the squad was bordering on too large as well.
How we please easily now, seen now't exiting enough to use the right hand yet, wait and see a couple of games dont make us champions league qualifiers!

Btw I reckon the club has just done an Anelka with Mavies (I feckin' hope so he sooo overrated)

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:36 am

Toni_DelijeSever wrote: "I know about Kamara for a long time. My good friend and former Palace team mate Aki Riihilahti has played with him in Finland. I didn't believe I'd have a chance to coach him one day. He left Finland for Partizan and advanced as a footballer in that period. His arrival is a great boost for the club. Medo has a heart of the lion, great willingness and is brilliantly focused on what is expected from him. I'm looking forward to work with him."
Seems like Dougie may have pee'd himself and tried this transfer as a bit of a shot in the dark.. This could go down as £300k well spent.
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:32 am

Isn't it time we had a new transfer thread???
The Voice Of Reason

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:37 am

Salford Trotter wrote:Isn't it time we had a new transfer thread???
Patience young Padawan.
Salt of the Earth geezer Harry needs another couple of days to finalise his transfer dealings then this thread will slam shut.
Businesswoman of the year.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:39 am

So, to summarise:

Cian Bolger
Craig Dawson (loan)
Craig Davies
Jan Gregus (loan, initially)
Mohamed Medo Kamara
Steve de Ridder (loan)

Petrov gone
Afobe

(That's more like the exciting window I was expecting)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:56 am

Hoboh wrote:I suppose its just me but what happened to all the 'dross' folk were saying Freedman would bin during the winter window? Oh and to think Freedman was saying the squad was bordering on too large as well.
How we please easily now, seen now't exiting enough to use the right hand yet, wait and see a couple of games dont make us champions league qualifiers!

Btw I reckon the club has just done an Anelka with Mavies (I feckin' hope so he sooo overrated)
But how many offers did Dougie turn down for this dross. It is not easy getting rid of average players on good wages.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:57 am

This photo makes me sad :(

https://twitter.com/football_league/sta ... 28/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A transfer that got many @OfficialBWFC fans excited when they heard the news in February 2002... #GreatSignings

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:58 am

Hoboh wrote:I suppose its just me but what happened to all the 'dross' folk were saying Freedman would bin during the winter window? Oh and to think Freedman was saying the squad was bordering on too large as well.

You can only "bin" players you receive bids for.

It's clear that he is going to be having a clear out of sorts in the summer as a fair few are out of contract, some will be going anyway, etc etc.

And he has recruited a couple of younger players "ready for first team action" in the next year or so. A couple of mid 20's who are ready to play when required and a few loans to fill gaps and to have a look at different options.

I think it would be naive to suggest this window was JUST for this season, he's clearly trying to re-balance the squad and yes I'm sure in the summer he will thin it down.

As for excitement, what do you expect with no money?

Anyhow, thebish is excited and that takes some doing....... :wink:

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:05 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:Are you honestly telling me there are players out there who could have adequately replaced Alonso for £500k? Come off it.
Bollocks
Sto ut Serviam

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:24 am

bish ???

bish .... did you speak ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:33 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:Are you honestly telling me there are players out there who could have adequately replaced Alonso for £500k? Come off it.
Bollocks
Cardiff got their left back on a free

Middlesbrough got George fcuking Friend for 100k

I'd hazard a guess they're on way less than the 20k a week Alonso is said to be looking for
Sto ut Serviam

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:36 am

bobo the clown wrote:bish ???

bish .... did you speak ??

go back to sleep Samuel...

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:51 am

I wonder how many of these signings wages it takes to make up for those saved by Petrov's exit.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:07 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
Bollocks
Cardiff got their left back on a free

Middlesbrough got George fcuking Friend for 100k

I'd hazard a guess they're on way less than the 20k a week Alonso is said to be looking for
Why is it that after 3 or 4 decent games a player, so shit for the preceding 2.5 years people couldn't wait to get rid of, is now massively important to us and ace? if Dougie had a replacement lined up and it made financial sense then why not get rid? This is to the Smoker, not you Caps...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:16 am

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:So three permanents in, C Davies, Bolger and Kamara.

In for well under a million quid.

And folk were asking what Dougie could do with 500K!

looks like Dougie agreed with them though... he didn't sell Alonso for some quick cash now...
Stoke only offered £200k though apparently. Short of the 600K asking price.
indeed - but your argument was that we should get any cash we could now as otherwise he'd be on a free and he isn't really worth anything much to us now anyway..... Dougie disagrees, it seems... he'd rather take the £200,000 (plus wages - as you pointed out) cash hit and hold onto Alonso as a player (which is what Smoking suggested we should do.) Smokin' is the one on Dougie's wavelength here...
Not quite. I was pointing out that £500K was a LOT of money to just necessarily write off.

It seems Dougie's valuation was £600K. So I wasn't massively far off in terms of valuation.

And who knows if we'd have turned down half a million if we'd actually been offered it?

Anyhow, he's here, till the end of the season. We can't really win cos he's either good in which case he's more than likely, if not certainly offski.

Or he's shite, in which case we probably wouldn't renew his contract.