Worthy's better class of transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Worthy's better class of transfer thread

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:12 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:I actually thought it was real untill i got to wylde
You got to Wylde? I'd have thought that Veloso sitting in the middle of the park would have been the biggest hint...
:lol:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:20 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Get your eyes tested then.
truewhite15 wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:I actually thought it was real untill i got to wylde
You got to Wylde? I'd have thought that Veloso sitting in the middle of the park would have been the biggest hint...
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Closing thoughts:

That it feels like a good window all in all says something our new limitations and expectations. Of the newcomers, only possibly Medo (to be confirmed) is what you'd suspect to be instantly "Premier-class", but that reflects fiscal humility rather than hubris. To bang an old drum, Freedman didn't make "Premier League" signings at Palace - their current leading scorer was a late-twentysomething freebie picked up from their hated lower-division rivals after journeyman lower-league career. We have to trust that DF can build a squad for buttons, and judging by January, he's not shy of it: £300,000 for a striker, sameish for a midfield anchorman. To bang an even older drum, it's not like Allardyce took us up using the glittering signings: nobody whooped when he signed Farrelly or Charlton, or for that matter Michael Ricketts.

We seem to have juggled the finances well, if releasing Petrov has paid for much or all of the new blood. Let's hope the newly-assembled parts can be a whole lot better than the first half of the season.