a winger called chris eagles

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

a winger called chris eagles

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:59 am

what do we all think then, i have stuck by this lad when many fans quite a few on this site have said that he is not good enough and moaned about him constantly but i have always thought he was one of our best players and actually a good owen coyle signing(wow such thing actually exists). so he is top scorer now and has scored a couple of great goals. i know it is early in the season but have any of your opinions changed by his recent performances
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Barr Hill
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: a winger called chris eagles

Post by Barr Hill » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:37 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:what do we all think then, i have stuck by this lad when many fans quite a few on this site have said that he is not good enough and moaned about him constantly but i have always thought he was one of our best players and actually a good owen coyle signing(wow such thing actually exists). so he is top scorer now and has scored a couple of great goals. i know it is early in the season but have any of your opinions changed by his recent performances
So you call a deflected free kick against Hull a great goal????
He is an average player now playing in an average team!!! Thanks Mr Coyle!!!
Time to go

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:56 am

He's a Championship player that is playing at his level.

He's better than anyone else we've got at the moment.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:04 pm

Barr Hill wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:what do we all think then, i have stuck by this lad when many fans quite a few on this site have said that he is not good enough and moaned about him constantly but i have always thought he was one of our best players and actually a good owen coyle signing(wow such thing actually exists). so he is top scorer now and has scored a couple of great goals. i know it is early in the season but have any of your opinions changed by his recent performances
So you call a deflected free kick against Hull a great goal????
He is an average player now playing in an average team!!! Thanks Mr Coyle!!!
Time to go
agree with you on coyle but i do not see a single midfielder that i would pick b4 eagles at the moment
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:25 pm

would much prefer to see him in the center instead of mark "the invisible man" davies so we can bring petrov back into the team

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:31 pm

i prefer mavies (slightly) to petrov but they are both in my book no more than average players

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:05 pm

Petrov was our best player last season, he tore most prem Rbs apart. Why the feck we're not playing him I don't know..

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Because not one of our strikers looks likely to ever attack a cross, apart from Sordell, who unfortunately has a 20p head, so there is no point playing Petrov, to leave the left back isolated in order to put in admittedly great crosses to nobody in the box. We need to pick a team to make the most of our strikers strengths. Anyone?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

JJ4bwfc92
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JJ4bwfc92 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:09 pm

I appreciate his flair and skills but SOMETIMES he reminds me of nani too much dicking about on the ball rather than just putting it in the box when the opportunitys there :/

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:13 pm

Prufrock wrote:Because not one of our strikers looks likely to ever attack a cross, apart from Sordell, who unfortunately has a 20p head, so there is no point playing Petrov, to leave the left back isolated in order to put in admittedly great crosses to nobody in the box. We need to pick a team to make the most of our strikers strengths. Anyone?
LK should appreciate this one. It was always a head like a 50p when we were in the Prem, so obviously a decent saving there.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:20 pm

marv is alright but i thinkl he is are worst striker and was shocking at burnley (barnley)

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:26 pm

I quite like Eagles and I think he's perfect for the division. His movement when he's behind the striker is impressive.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:39 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:marv is alright but i thinkl he is are worst striker and was shocking at burnley (barnley)
I love how people are slating Sordell after only a few games.

IMO he is the best striker we have he just needs confidence and a the right setup. He always looks good for England and looked a better player when playing for team GB.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:41 pm

but look how shite he was at watford. all hype no substance

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:58 pm

ChrisC wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:marv is alright but i thinkl he is are worst striker and was shocking at burnley (barnley)

IMO he is the best striker we have he just needs confidence and a the right setup. He always looks good for England and looked a better player when playing for team GB.
Except that lad's goal record is decidedly meh.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:00 pm

Whookam wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

Except that lad's goal record is decidedly meh.
exactly

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Sordell reminds me of Welbeck in quite a few ways. I don't think either of them will ever be prolific but both are good players to have up front. They're good link up men and will both benefit playing next to a prolific striker.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:34 pm

i think welbeck is a prolifict striker and better than rooney thats for sure

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:37 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:Sordell reminds me of Welbeck in quite a few ways. I don't think either of them will ever be prolific but both are good players to have up front. They're good link up men and will both benefit playing next to a prolific striker.
Isn't that just the cop-out description for a striker who doesn't score? :lol:

Seriously though I've not seen Sordell used that way for Bolton, England or GB... cos that's not how he plays.

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:39 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:i think welbeck is a prolifict striker and better than rooney thats for sure
18 goals in 75 games isn't prolific.

Prolific is you're '1 in 2' type striker.