The Season Starts on Saturday. Watford.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

The Season Starts on Saturday. Watford.

Post by coffeymagic » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:29 pm

Let's put all the nonsense behind us and use the International break as a chance to wipe the slate clean and start the season afresh.

Owen to motivate the team instead of demoralising them. The defenders to start acting like a unit and not disintergrating at the first attack.

Midfielders to try passing to a white shirt and our centre forwards to face the goal and try putting the ball in the onion bag.

The fans to get behind the team and Owen's name to ring out around the ground for the full 90 minutes.

Come on you Whites eh?
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Re: The Season Starts on Saturday.

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:36 pm

coffeymagic wrote:Let's put all the nonsense behind us and use the International break as a chance to wipe the slate clean and start the season afresh.

Owen to motivate the team instead of demoralising them. The defenders to start acting like a unit and not disintergrating at the first attack.

Midfielders to try passing to a white shirt and our centre forwards to face the goal and try putting the ball in the onion bag.

The fans to get behind the team and Owen's name to ring out around the ground for the full 90 minutes.

Come on you Whites eh?
It has been doing already...

(followed by the word w*nker fair enough, but it has been ringing round ;) )

A fair rallying call, but i wonder how many of thse we'll be doing throughout the season. We won't suddenly become magic in defence by the power of hope alone (sounds like an OC training method) but fingers crossed eh.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:48 pm

Oh yes, I don't believe it will happen either.

All that 'Keep the Faith' and 'Beliebe' nonsense from last season shows how far blind faith will get you.

However I am saying that I am willing to give Owen another crack of the whip to see if he can learn from the mistake he's been making for over a season and get things right.

Lucky Radio ready.
Eldest 'supporting' Watford in the old 'double bluff switcheroo'.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:52 pm

I want us to win, I always do. However, Coyle is out of chances for me. There is something bigger wrong than just tactics, or a naive manager, and I honestly think we will just decline as a club in general until he goes.

The odd win or good run here or there, for me just paper over the cracks.

I don't see him suddenly turning it around long term. I just see steady decline over an extended period.

I expect us to beat Watford, draw with Brum and lose at Wednesday. Which should be enough to get him sacked but probably will keep him in a job for the next three and the pattern of doing just enough to stay in a job but nowhere near enough to get us involved at the top end of the table will continue. Until its probably too late.....

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:56 pm

coffeymagic wrote:Let's put all the nonsense behind us and use the International break as a chance to wipe the slate clean and start the season afresh.

The fans to get behind the team and Owen Coyle Out to ring out around the ground for the full 90 minutes.Come on you Whites eh?
What nonsense ? - IMO the manager & players deserve every bit of stick they get from the fans

Surely it's about time this p**s poor manager & these soft arsed spineless players gave the fans something back, I'm sick of this players needing the fans behind them, they are highly paid professional pampered players who shouldn't need the fans to get them playing decent football & putting 100% effort in for 90 mins.

It's about time they gave the fans something to cheer about.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:07 pm

I just hope Mark Davies has gone easy on the cake the last couple week

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:08 pm

Extra training? naa im gonna bugger off and get another tattoo done.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:09 pm

We've done this a number of times since the downward spiral started 18 months ago.

Does it work? Does it bollocks.

We don't deserve the shit we've had to watch, even Phil Gartside has said that. It's up to THEM to put in the effort and get us back on side, not for us to start cheering their not even half arsed performances.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:16 pm

wanderers_on_tour wrote:I just hope Mark Davies has gone easy on the cake the last couple week
Indeed, a man I know who tried cake cried all the water out of his body

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwylBRucU7w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:16 pm

Surely in order to cheer, you need something to cheer about first??
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:16 pm

Verbal wrote:
wanderers_on_tour wrote:I just hope Mark Davies has gone easy on the cake the last couple week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwylBRucU7w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's a f**king disgrace..
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Verbal wrote:

careful of irritating your shatner's bassoon...

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:09 pm

Andy Waller wrote:
Verbal wrote:

It's a f**king disgrace..
Exactly what I was thinking. Listen, if anyone offers you some cake, throw it back in their face and tell them to feck off.

God reste ye Bernard.

twitter @thetonycoffey

Barr Hill
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Barr Hill » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I want us to win, I always do. However, Coyle is out of chances for me. There is something bigger wrong than just tactics, or a naive manager, and I honestly think we will just decline as a club in general until he goes. The odd win or good run here or there, for me just paper over the cracks. I don't see him suddenly turning it around long term. I just see steady decline over an extended period. I expect us to beat Watford, draw with Brum and lose at Wednesday. Which should be enough to get him sacked but probably will keep him in a job for the next three and the pattern of doing just enough to stay in a job but nowhere near enough to get us involved at the top end of the table will continue. Until its probably too late.....

Agree entirely. Spent good money to watch them at Crawley and Hull and the performances were amateurish to say the least.
Time to go,time to go........

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:40 pm

I'm as pessimistic as most regarding Owens ability to turn this around but I bought an ST in attempt to enjoy footy again, so no way will I be going through the turnstile on Saturday all doom and gloom. I heard enough on here about what it was like sat in the poisonous atmosphere that Megson helped create & I dont fancy it.

Lets get behind em for 90 minutes. If they dont deliver then we can all boo them the feck off the pitch but lets give em the backing to tonk the Hornets first.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Cant lose on this one.

Cos anything other than a win for bwfc and owens either getting the boot or very nearly getting the boot.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:59 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Cant lose on this one.

Cos anything other than a win for bwfc and owens either getting the boot or very nearly getting the boot.
dangerously close to that horrible moment when you actually WANT a defeat, for the greater good.

I guess, like myself & many others, you can't actually want it, but things are so dire that you begin to think that way.

At this point, like tossing the coin, you do know, deep down, how you feel.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Mitch
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mitch » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: The odd win or good run here or there, for me just paper over the cracks.
This is it for me. I desperately want us to win, I desperately want us to do well but long term I just cannot see it happening under the current regime.

Can't want anything other than a win though, I need something to give me my football mojo back :cry:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:08 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

dangerously close to that horrible moment when you actually WANT a defeat, for the greater good.

I guess, like myself & many others, you can't actually want it, but things are so dire that you begin to think that way.

Maybe Coyle will win a string of ten and storm the league - just to piss you off!! 8)

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:33 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

Yep. Bang on the money. Never want us to lose but I can see the benefit. If he's gone by October we'll have a shout of a decent season.