away to birmingham

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: away to birmingham

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:58 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:TD - when would it be Coyles fault
Fcuking hell
His players, his team, his tactics, his half time talk
He's a bad un
Never really slated or defended him. I did say this game and said why.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:00 pm

Verbal wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:Well, if the statement from Gartside is to be believed, Coyle needs an away win against Wednesday to save his job. Anything less, and he's gone.
which statement was that?
That our target is to be on 2 points per game. Though given we can be nowhere near that average irrespective of Saturdays result, and Coyle is clearly falling behind set objectives and targets, no need to wait till then.
That would have us on 92 points by the end of the season. Slightly optimistic, mayhaps?
Thanks, BWFC_I.

Verbal, 92 points is, on average, what the top placed team in the Championship end up with come the end of the season, as very usefully pointed out by DSB. Considering that we began the season as favourites, I don't think it's unreasonable or optimistic. Maybe at this stage, it might be, but we should still be targeting 6 points from every 3 games if we want to be anywhere near promotion.

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Post by wovlad » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:03 pm

Only caught what little they gave to us on GMR but Jack Dearden didn't think it was pen. He said the Linesman gave it not the ref and there'd be a penalty every time the ball went in the box if you flag for that. Is he right, if he is hope Coyle finally gives the officials a well deserved rocket. He's seen as a soft touch by the officials.
If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:03 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:TD - when would it be Coyles fault
Fcuking hell
His players, his team, his tactics, his half time talk
He's a bad un
Never really slated or defended him. I did say this game and said why.
Spearing was injured - we replaced him with the fella Coyle chased half the summer

All the rest of your post, he signed 'em, he picked 'em

I ask again - when is it is fault?
Sto ut Serviam

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:05 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:Well, if the statement from Gartside is to be believed, Coyle needs an away win against Wednesday to save his job. Anything less, and he's gone.
Can't honestly say tonight was Coyle's fault. Spearing injury was a real blow, Chungy didn't play well, Knight threw a wobbler and gave away the penalty that lost us the game. Afoebe seemed to do okay although the Sordell situation is baffling. Not scoring was the difference as we had a panful of chances and the ref seemed a right xxxx. Has to be either Sordell and N'gog (who isn't really doing much) or Sordell and Davies with N'gog or Afoebe subbing for Saturday.
Nah, I'm sure it wasn't Coyle's fault directly. By the looks of things, we threw the kitchen sink and just lacked that cutting edge. But Coyle signed these players, so it's HIS fault if we don't have a cutting edge, whether due to ability or lack of confidence. The issue is that it's the same old tale read and repeated ad finitum for the past 18 months. For that reason alone, he's got to be on his last legs.

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:06 pm

On the way back. Shite again. Amazing how many long hopeful punts creates absolute panic in our defence.

Coyle will try and deflect the blame on to the officials, but he should take a look at himself and his abysmal record, then walk. We just aren't learning from repeated mistakes.
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Post by wovlad » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:12 pm

BBC web site said it was Alonso with the foul on King, difficult to get Alonso & Knight mixed up.
If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:13 pm

TW - cutting edge is the least of our problems right now. Until they can learn how to keep a clean sheet, we're going nowhere. Trouble is it just doesn't seem as if the penny is dropping. We'll go to Sheffield looking no more resolute away from home than we have all season
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bristol_White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bristol_White » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:15 pm

First live game for me this season. Think top half will be a good finish with this lot. Ngog afobe and Davies not got ten goals between them. Mears Alonso and knight are a shambles. Sad display with our only tactics either a punt to Davies or find eagles at all costs. Terrible. Coyle out.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:18 pm

I get the feeling now that, even if individual mistakes can't be pinned on Coyle (no matter how hard some try), just the fact of getting new staff in may provide some boost to whats already a jaded squad. New faces, new ways of doing things, it's a risk but for whatever reason everything Coyle does and says is falling on deaf ears and at the end of the day this is a business.

I'll be sad to see him go but he HAS to go now. From the outside in it's hard to see what he can do to change it..

Bristol_White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bristol_White » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:21 pm

Adobe is a shocker. Fast but no positional sense or awareness. Sordell or bust

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:24 pm

I make it that we have now conceded 100 league goals since Wembley. In just 50 matches. And we've only managed 4 clean sheets in that period too. How long do we have to put up with a manager who quite clearly doesnt have a clue how to defend.

Coyles got to go now. Some people said lets give him 10 games, well even if he wins his next 4 games (unlikely) then he won't be on 2pts per game after 10 games. Time to go.
Who's that coming up the hill boys,
The Wanderers are coming up the hill boys,
They all laugh at us, they all mock at us,
They all say our days are numbered,

Born to be a Wanderer, victorious are we....

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:31 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:TW - cutting edge is the least of our problems right now. Until they can learn how to keep a clean sheet, we're going nowhere. Trouble is it just doesn't seem as if the penny is dropping. We'll go to Sheffield looking no more resolute away from home than we have all season
Oh, believe me, I know. My point was more along the lines of, right now, everything that goes wrong is either directly or indirectly Coyle's fault.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:38 pm

Time to go, for me. Some awful bad luck last season hid what was basically one glaring error the whole time- Coyle can't right a sinking ship. 2 goals conceded per game over the last 50. You won't survive any league with those stats.

I said at the end of last season if the defence wasn't fixed in the summer then it would carry over into this season, regardless of division. That's Coyle's fault.

You can sit there all season saying "if the chances went in we'd have won", it doesn't matter. 'Score one more than you' football doesn't work because you won't always score chances. But if you defend like a ninny you WILL concede.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:38 pm

Shit. He'd rather develop an inexperienced Arsenal youngster than our Sordell. Simon Cox and Billy Sharp, experienced strikers for this level, were crying out to be signed. Instead he thinks an Arsenal youngster can take us up.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:39 pm

Missed the listening to the game (thank fvck) i went to watch Plymouth Argyle v Bristol Rovers and by the sounds of it im glad i did

Nothing changes this fvcking nice person has got to go
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:06 pm

Bristol_White wrote:Adobe is a shocker. Fast but no positional sense or awareness. Sordell or bust
Nah just needs an update and he'll do fine

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:08 pm

He speaks

https://twitter.com/OfficialBWFC/status ... 1763420161" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alvin Stardust said rather than wrote:"It was frustrating not to take anything from the game. Our performance merited at least a draw."
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Verbal wrote:He speaks

https://twitter.com/OfficialBWFC/status ... 1763420161" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alvin Stardust said rather than wrote:"It was frustrating not to take anything from the game. Our performance merited at least a draw."

Anything from PG?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:13 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Verbal wrote:He speaks

Anything from PG?

Hopefully, he's too busy on the phone.