Nigel jarvis cocker

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mrpiccollo
Promising
Promising

Nigel jarvis cocker

Post by mrpiccollo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:46 am

i must admit im very surprised at this he was honestly pretty good last year for us and it really surprises me he not only left but he didnt find a premiership club and even moreso we didnt try to just resign him instead of the spearing loan.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

off to charlton it seems, very sad to see

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Nigel jarvis cocker

Post by Riviman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:14 am

It is a bit sad, but according to Coyle at the fans forum NRC came to him at the Player of the Year awards, which was the same night we'd just been relegated to say that he, NRC was instigating the clause in his contract that enabled him to leave for free if we were relegated. Once this had happened it's difficult to see how NRC could return to be with many of the same squad of players he had been quick to leave a couple of months earlier. Sad but unfortunately inevitable that he wouldn't return.
Coyle also mentioned that Zat Knight came to him the same night to say that he wanted to stay even though he knew it would be on a vastly reduced contract.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:42 am

Riviman wrote:It is a bit sad, but according to Coyle at the fans forum NRC came to him at the Player of the Year awards, which was the same night we'd just been relegated to say that he, NRC was instigating the clause in his contract that enabled him to leave for free if we were relegated. Once this had happened it's difficult to see how NRC could return to be with many of the same squad of players he had been quick to leave a couple of months earlier. Sad but unfortunately inevitable that he wouldn't return.
Coyle also mentioned that Zat Knight came to him the same night to say that he wanted to stay even though he knew it would be on a vastly reduced contract.
In other words, NRC is a prick who thought he could walk into any other team whereas Knight knows which side his bread is buttered on and realised that he'd never get a job anywhere else.
Businesswoman of the year.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:41 am

No worries about him from me.

He always talked a great game and he played OK. Didn't doubt his commitment on the field and we all wanted him as on-field captain. I saw him at that dinner and he looked fairly pissed off. Why not grin and bear it then come in for a chat during the week I don't know, maybe he was off on his holidays!
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:44 am

I bet his ego's taken a right battering !

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:03 pm

I always felt Andrews/Spearing were brought in to replace NRC so I guess I don't miss him as much as i'd have thought. We still have that huge Muamba sized whole in our defence though :(

Not actually blaming OC for this one like but hopefully in January we can bring in a long term replacement for the big lad.

gibby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gibby » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:35 pm

It is indeed sad to see and I was very surprised when I heard the news.
wanderers_on_tour wrote:We still have that huge Muamba sized whole in our defence though :(
This also is my major concern, I really hope that this hole will be filled soon!!

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:39 pm

wanderers_on_tour wrote:I always felt Andrews/Spearing were brought in to replace NRC so I guess I don't miss him as much as i'd have thought. We still have that huge Muamba sized whole in our defence though :(

Not actually blaming OC for this one like but hopefully in January we can bring in a long term replacement for the big lad.
Unfortunately we had a Muamba-sized hole in our defence for the first two-thirds of last season too, thanks to the Genius.

I really don't think we can have too many complaints about NRC. His commitment on the pitch for us was beyond reproach. Interesting anecdote about Knight being quick to show loyalty. He's looked the part this year so good on him.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:02 pm

gibby wrote:It is indeed sad to see and I was very surprised when I heard the news.
wanderers_on_tour wrote:We still have that huge Muamba sized whole in our defence though :(
This also is my major concern, I really hope that this hole will be filled soon!!
spearing??

Bet NRC regrets his decision now though

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:52 pm

He may have had commitment, But he was shit. Glad he buggered off. Lost possession which led to conceding far too many times.
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:03 pm

Made too many poor passes, I'm not surprised he couldn't find a Premier League club willing to take him on. Isn't good enough.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:36 pm

For me he is/was a player of mediocre ability that stood out in an extremely shite team, within a non-existent midfield. I honestly don't think he'd improve any Premiership side.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:59 pm

Ha! Couldn't be happier if this comes true.

Deserves it for running so quickly.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:36 pm

He would improve some Premiership teams, provided he's only passing backwards like Joe Allen is currently doing at Liverpool.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:37 pm

Jez wrote:
gibby wrote:It is indeed sad to see and I was very surprised when I heard the news.
spearing??

Bet NRC regrets his decision now though
I bet he struggles to sleep at night....
Sto ut Serviam

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:45 pm

A different manager and maybe Reo-Coker would sign?

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:58 pm

Mar wrote:A different manager and maybe Reo-Coker would sign?
Was thinking exactly that myself...

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:03 pm

midlands exile wrote:
We were shite with him in the side, what makes anyone think we'd be any better with him in the side now?

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:06 pm

Bet he's regretting his decision. I doubt he'd be getting the same he was on at Bolton last season wherever he ends up. If he waited for concrete interest from a Premiership club and then activated his clause he wouldn't look such a clown imv. Didn't think he was as great as others said either. Still surprising that no one has shown interest in him, would do fairly decent in a lower premierleague team.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:13 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
midlands exile wrote:
We were shite with him in the side, what makes anyone think we'd be any better with him in the side now?
We were shite with him in an Owen Coyle side. Most of last season's squad would be better without that clown and his bunch of second rate chancers in the coaching and fitness department.

Anyway, I'm not necessarily debating whether we need to sign him back again. Rather whether the relationship with OC was so strained he'd rather be without a club than working with him every day.