Bolton - Leeds

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

VTO
Hopeful
Hopeful

Bolton - Leeds

Post by VTO » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:31 pm

Hey Supporters from Bolton,
on Tuesday the 2nd I plan to watch your match against Leeds. I'm not from England (I'm from Dortmund and I will see our match in Manchester the day after) and I'm a bit suprised about the prices. I still know, that the prices are higher in England than in Germany, but 28£ is the cheapest, that I could find. Am I right, that you don't have student prices? I'm 22 and I wouldn't get the price for U21s...

So I'm glad about answers!!! Thank you :-)

VTO

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Bolton - Leeds

Post by Dr.Karl » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:46 pm

VTO wrote:Hey Supporters from Bolton,
on Tuesday the 2nd I plan to watch your match against Leeds. I'm not from England (I'm from Dortmund and I will see our match in Manchester the day after) and I'm a bit suprised about the prices. I still know, that the prices are higher in England than in Germany, but 28£ is the cheapest, that I could find. Am I right, that you don't have student prices? I'm 22 and I wouldn't get the price for U21s...

So I'm glad about answers!!! Thank you :-)

VTO
That is the cheapest ticket I'm afraid. I haven't bought a student ticket for a while but they didn't check student id at the time. Maybe why they switched to under 21 tickets. It might be worth the risk if you look younger. No cheap Stehplatz tickets here :).
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:50 pm

They won't be that cheap in Dortmund once Greece exits the Euro!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:50 pm

Im going to Dortmund next April to watch a match there. What are my chances of getting a ticket? Slim to none?!

VTO
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by VTO » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:53 pm

The matches in April are:

5.4-7.4 BVB - Augsburg (this could be easy, when you will order tickets very early, because Augsburg is a boring club)
19.4-21.4 BVB - Mainz (Mainz has a bigger crowd than Augsburg, but I think you have a good chance, too)

So, not the most attractive matches, but good chances to get a ticket. Normally you will order the tickets at the Callcenter. Everybody is hating this shit, because you will pay a lot for the call and at the end, you could get no tickets (its a computer at the callcenter, NOT real persons). I'm not really sure if you will get tickets against Mainz and Augsburg online, too, but I would say yes. Maybe I can inform you, when there is the general sale. I'm a member of Borussia Dortmund, so I can buy you a ticket for one of this matches, cause I can order it before the general sale begins. Normally I will be every match in Dortmund, cause I have a season ticket and so I can give you the ticket. You only need to write me, for which sector you will have the ticket.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope you have understand me. :)

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:58 pm

VTO wrote:The matches in April are:

5.4-7.4 BVB - Augsburg (this could be easy, when you will order tickets very early, because Augsburg is a boring club)
19.4-21.4 BVB - Mainz (Mainz has a bigger crowd than Augsburg, but I think you have a good chance, too)

So, not the most attractive matches, but good chances to get a ticket. Normally you will order the tickets at the Callcenter. Everybody is hating this shit, because you will pay a lot for the call and at the end, you could get no tickets (its a computer at the callcenter, NOT real persons). I'm not really sure if you will get tickets against Mainz and Augsburg online, too, but I would say yes. Maybe I can inform you, when there is the general sale. I'm a member of Borussia Dortmund, so I can buy you a ticket for one of this matches, cause I can order it before the general sale begins. Normally I will be every match in Dortmund, cause I have a season ticket and so I can give you the ticket. You only need to write me, for which sector you will have the ticket.

You speak better english than some of the posters on here!
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:07 pm

That'll be English. *Tut, tut, tut*
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:12 pm

:lol:

I actually said English first then changed it after. That's worse.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:53 pm

hi there, i'm chris wrote:

You speak better english than some most of the posters on here!

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:49 pm

Hey, thanks for your response!

The weekend of the Mainz game is what we're aiming for, we are going to stay in Dusseldorf but Dortmund, Monchengladbach, Bochum, Leverkusen and Duisburg all have home matches that weekend so we hope to catch at least two games in the local area - but Dortmund is the priority as its one of my life's ambitions to see that stadium full, especially the Sudtribune.

Your offer of using your ticket to help me purchase one is fantasically kind, but there are about 7 of us going over so we were looking for tickets in and around the same area so we can sit together, or if not together then at least nearby. I read that ticket touting isnt actually illegal in Germany and they can be bought from the streets, is this true or would I get a beating from the Polizei?!

I live in Manchester by the way, Im looking forward to seeing the city invaded by thousands of Dortmunders!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:34 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:They won't be that cheap in Dortmund once Greece exits the Euro!
...and Germany has to stop propping up Greece's f*cked economy? Not sure how that's bad news for Germany, who are currently having to pay the bills... perhaps you're forecasting the collapse of the Euro causing hyperinflation (something the Germans know all about) but once that currency's abolished the Germans will be in a much better position – and rightly so, considering they make more than they owe... but that's a separate subject.

Good luck getting a ticket VTO. Hope you enjoy the match, even if it's expensive. Sorry about that, it's the price we all pay for the Premier League bubble.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:39 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:They won't be that cheap in Dortmund once Greece exits the Euro!
...and Germany has to stop propping up Greece's f*cked economy? Not sure how that's bad news for Germany, who are currently having to pay the bills... perhaps you're forecasting the collapse of the Euro causing hyperinflation (something the Germans know all about) but once that currency's abolished the Germans will be in a much better position – and rightly so, considering they make more than they owe... but that's a separate subject.

Good luck getting a ticket VTO. Hope you enjoy the match, even if it's expensive. Sorry about that, it's the price we all pay for the Premier League bubble.
moved it over to General chit chat
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:40 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

moved it over to General chit chat
I don't go there, I ain't got time.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:45 am

I'll move it back.. just a mo.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:47 am

I was actually thinking of something more like a halfway house, where on Greece's exit Germany and the successful economies have to plough more cash in to prop up the Euro in order to prevent the collapse and hyperinflation but not quite stemming the inevitable worsening of the exchange rates for the Germans, making their tickets (in comparison to our currency) more expensive.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Fredi
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Fredi » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:03 am

http://www.viagogo.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is a good website for Bundesliga tickets. I got one for the Bayern-Schalke match from there for face value in Feb and that match was a sell-out.

Herzlich Willkommen, VTO. I lived in Bochum for a year in the early eighties, so have been to the Westfalen stadion (as it used to be called) several times. For those thinking about going - do it! The atmosphere at the Dortmund-Hamburg game in 1982 is one of the most awesome I 've experienced at any game ( I was with the BVB fans). It was a great match for a neutral - BVB winning 2-0 at HT, but HSV came back to win 3-2. Beckenbauer played the first half for HSV but was in the very twilight of his career - must have been about 38 and sadly, played like it.

Hope you enjoy the game at City , as well as ours, if you decide to come.

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:58 pm

I believe the Leeds fans have sold out their allocation for this one. No great surprise but should be a decent gate on.
Who's that coming up the hill boys,
The Wanderers are coming up the hill boys,
They all laugh at us, they all mock at us,
They all say our days are numbered,

Born to be a Wanderer, victorious are we....

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:28 pm

Important to send those white rose dogs, limping back over the Pennines with their tails between their legs again.

Leeds fans = wan*ers. On a par with the scouse sh*te and manc b@st@rds.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:43 pm

Just found out my lad won the Junior Whites competition to be on Frontline duty for this game.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:55 pm

Is he going to get rid of my fleas?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.