. . . and take Gartside with you, too.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

. . . and take Gartside with you, too.

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:12 pm

Coyle had to go, but unless Gartside follows him out the door then I don't think anything is going to get better. Gartside lucked out once with Sam but since then he's been paid a half-million pounds a year to watch the club slide towards oblivion.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: . . . and take Gartside with you, too.

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:16 pm

Let's get rid of Big Ed too. There must be more chicken farmers out there with rupees to burn.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:21 pm

Gartside has been great for Bolton. He put faith in Coyle - like every fan on here did - and it didn't work out. That's what happens in football. Influential, successful people like Gartside are not easily replaced. There isn't a single person we could get to effectively replace Gartside.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:22 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:Gartside has been great for Bolton. He put faith in Coyle - like every fan on here did - and it didn't work out. That's what happens in football. Influential, successful people like Gartside are not easily replaced. There isn't a single person we could get to effectively replace Gartside.
That's what I meant to say, only I tried being ironic :mrgreen:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:27 pm

who do you want to replace PG then any ideas. i always liked duckworth but he has left the club now
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:29 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:who do you want to replace PG then any ideas. i always liked duckworth but he has left the club now
We really are going to have to terminate you soon.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:30 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:who do you want to replace PG then any ideas. i always liked duckworth but he has left the club now

why what is wrong with that statemant
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:45 pm

It’s not just Coyle. From the embarrassing public spat with Allardyce, to the appointment of Sammy Lee, to Megson and his overpriced signings, to Coyle, Gartside just doesn’t seem to have gotten anything right in the past few years. Keeping Coyle on after relegation was simply unforgiveable. Everyone else could see that Coyle was not up to the job. Now we’re trying to find a replacement mid-season, when we’ve spent our transfer funds and are closer to relegation than promotion.

I don’t know who would replace Gartside, but I don’t know how anyone could think he’s up to the job anymore, let alone worth the fortune he gets paid.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:54 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:It’s not just Coyle. From the embarrassing public spat with Allardyce, to the appointment of Sammy Lee, to Megson and his overpriced signings, to Coyle, Gartside just doesn’t seem to have gotten anything right in the past few years. Keeping Coyle on after relegation was simply unforgiveable. Everyone else could see that Coyle was not up to the job. Now we’re trying to find a replacement mid-season, when we’ve spent our transfer funds and are closer to relegation than promotion.

I don’t know who would replace Gartside, but I don’t know how anyone could think he’s up to the job anymore, let alone worth the fortune he gets paid.

FFS Please tell me you don't run your own company. You want to get rid of the Chairman with no clear idea of who to install to replace him?

In comparison to other multi million pound turnover businesses Gartside is not overpaid. He earned his crust for me with the appointment of Allardyce and convincing Eddie Davies to stick his hand in his pocket.

Plus, he's a fan.

Porrohman
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Porrohman » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:55 pm

Boris Johnson For Chairman!
He's popular don't you know.
The voices in my head may not be real...but they have some great ideas!

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:57 pm

The only mistake (other than his outspoken two tier premier league) Gartside has made, is leaving the decision made today until today.... To think otherwise, is well not really thinking rationally about it I am afraid...
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:59 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:The only mistake (other than his outspoken two tier premier league) Gartside has made, is leaving the decision made today until today.... To think otherwise, is well not really thinking rationally about it I am afraid...
It's essentially not his decision though? It's up to Eddie when a manager gets sacked, he'll have the final say on appointments too.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:41 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Zulus Thousand of em wrote:

why what is wrong with that statemant
... and again, ladies and gentlemen, post ironic taken to new hights.

... & Zulu, c'mon man. Get a move on.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:43 pm

you hate Duckworth i presume

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:00 pm

How many chairman's do you know off
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:29 pm

Who jack?
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:04 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:It’s not just Coyle. From the embarrassing public spat with Allardyce, to the appointment of Sammy Lee, to Megson and his overpriced signings, to Coyle, Gartside just doesn’t seem to have gotten anything right in the past few years. Keeping Coyle on after relegation was simply unforgiveable. Everyone else could see that Coyle was not up to the job. Now we’re trying to find a replacement mid-season, when we’ve spent our transfer funds and are closer to relegation than promotion.

FFS Please tell me you don't run your own company. You want to get rid of the Chairman with no clear idea of who to install to replace him?

In comparison to other multi million pound turnover businesses Gartside is not overpaid. He earned his crust for me with the appointment of Allardyce and convincing Eddie Davies to stick his hand in his pocket.

Plus, he's a fan.
Bosses of multi million pound businesses don't get by on past achievements alone. Any other industry and he'd more than likely be gone due to PR gaffes over the last few years, poor financial results, and terrible performances on the pitch.

To quote Spiderman's uncle Ben "with great power comes great responsibility", so for his hefty salary he shouldn't be made out to be blameless in this current sorry state that we find ourselves in.

Although I wouldn't give him the bullet. I'd keep him on, with his terms changed to be much more dependent on the performance of the club.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:06 pm

midlands exile wrote:
Bosses of multi million pound businesses don't get by on past achievements alone. Any other industry and he'd more than likely be gone due to PR gaffes over the last few years, poor financial results, and terrible performances on the pitch.
errr... Banking sector??

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:10 pm

thebish wrote:
midlands exile wrote:
errr... Banking sector??
Or any other fortune 500 company?
Pfffft.

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:20 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
thebish wrote:
midlands exile wrote:
errr... Banking sector??
Or any other fortune 500 company?
Yes, they probably would get the heave ho from a bank or other big corporation. Maybe not sacked, but definitely "moved on". Even bob diamond had to fall on his sword eventually. Fred the shred pretty much jumped when he knew the game was up, and got stripped of his knighthood.