Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Post by James B » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:02 pm

CPFC4EVA wrote:After posting I spotted this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20112665#asset

Bloody professional bloke!
he's following him here. so he's obviously going to say that

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:05 pm

Eagle in peace wrote:Today illustrates the differences between our sides. Please keep thinking we are shit, but read the Foxes forum for their opinion first.
don't need to. you deserve credit and like a lot of teams in this tight league have a promotion chance but lets not say that 1 game wholly illustrates that you are better. i still wouldn't be surprised if we ended up above you in table at the end of the season but wouldn't be surprised the other way either.

when all is said & done i wouldn't back either of us to get promotion. only way you can say freedman made a bad choice is if he got sacked for not getting it or you got it and we didn't. because he's getting a wage 3x bigger.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:53 am

Eagle in peace wrote:Today illustrates the differences between our sides. Please keep thinking we are shit, but read the Foxes forum for their opinion first.

Palace are on a decent run. Keep it going long enough and who knows where you could end up.There appears to be some degree of organisation and the 11 you put out are playing to the best of their ability.Keep them fit and avoid losing one or two at xmas and you could well get your season in the bigtime again.

Also you could say a prayer for Dougie and Lennie.They are going to have their work cut out at Bolton. Undoing 18 months of mismanagement,they are taking on a team with some pockets of talent but little sense of organisation,no balance and a number of players clearly not performing at the level they should be for whatever reason. That's going to take some serious unpicking.

Dont begrudge a man for taking the best/most secure option for his family.You should be looking at your board not freedman if you think he needed to stay.Staying at Palace would have been a far easier,less pressured job than what Freedman has now taken on.He's going to earn his money if he succeeds at Bolton.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:32 pm

Dougie Freedman will deserve a knighthood if he gets us into the play offs now, too big of a task considering half the squad can't be arsed giving 100% week after week. We don't have one decent centre half at the club so Dougie will have to search the market for two in jan and he will defo need a striker to convert these chances because we have no killer instinct in front of goal. And i hope he can toughen these players up because they are soft as shit.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:15 pm

Just read an article on the BBC here....http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20122811" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

States that....New manager Dougie Freedman and Bolton Wanderers chairman Phil Gartside will be special guests on BBC Radio Manchester's Football Phone-In from 18:00 GMT on Monday, 29 October - listen online here

Worth a listen I guess to see what he has to say.

paddypower45
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by paddypower45 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:26 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Just read an article on the BBC here....http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20122811" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

States that....New manager Dougie Freedman and Bolton Wanderers chairman Phil Gartside will be special guests on BBC Radio Manchester's Football Phone-In from 18:00 GMT on Monday, 29 October - listen online here

oh dont worry about missing it, it will be the same rubbish he came out when he took over at palace.. im dedicated to the job... im here to stay...this is a great opportunity for me... blah blah blah... same boring stuff he said here actually

http://www.ukwirednews.com/news.php/121 ... ce-manager" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

he will be gone within 2 years and this will all mean nothing...hes not loyal... :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:28 pm

paddypower45 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Just read an article on the BBC here....http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20122811" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

oh dont worry about missing it, it will be the same rubbish he came out when he took over at palace.. im dedicated to the job... im here to stay...this is a great opportunity for me... blah blah blah... same boring stuff he said here actually

http://www.ukwirednews.com/news.php/121 ... ce-manager" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

he will be gone within 2 years and this will all mean nothing...hes not loyal... :wink:
:zzz:

Time for you to toddle off methinks......

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:30 pm

Who cares if he's loyal or not? If he gets a bigger job, it shows he's done a good job with us. I'm happy with that.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:01 pm

paddypower45 wrote:

Yup time for you to go now Puffpaddy
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:41 pm

paddypower45 wrote:

proving yourself to be a tw*t now

be better for you if you f*ck off to a forum where people will be interested in what you say

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:13 pm

One of the first things Freedman has to do is sign, on loan, a goalkeeper who can put a bit of pressure on Bogdan, or even take over. Lynch isn't good enough yet, Lainton only returned last week after a year out and Lonergan is out for a couple of months, just when he looked like he could take over. Bogdan has certainly cost us points this season( who hasn't) but knocking the ball back into play rather than round the post has cost us dearly in the last 2 games.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:22 pm

Pitch, shirt, grin!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (140.9 KiB) Viewed 2317 times
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:26 pm

chester white wrote:Pitch, shirt, grin!
Welcome Duggie. :oyea:

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:33 pm

Right, new start...the serious work starts now, get em fcking sorted out Dougie, lets get some good times back please please pleeeeease.

Fed up of being fed up every weekend :(

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:33 pm

Going to bang Radio Manchester on at 6 tonight.

Really intrigued to hear what Dougie has to say.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Seriously?

Are you worried that he's going to concede he's shit out of new ideas, and frankly is just here for the money or something?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:41 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Seriously?

Are you worried that he's going to concede he's shit out of new ideas, and frankly is just here for the money or something?
I don't know an awful lot about our new manager and would like to find out what his plans and vision for us are.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:44 pm

Me too.. Think I'll tune in for this
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:27 pm

Can't believe I missed PSG! Actually gutted!

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:28 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:Can't believe I missed PSG! Actually gutted!
All that time you've spent gazing out the window and you turn your back for one minute....oh the irony 8)