Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:21 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:I was thinking more of the whole season sorry! PPG per team over the season so far.

Eg, if Cardiff had played 20 games under MM, won 10, drawn 5 and lost 5, that would give them 35 points. Giving them a PPG of 1.75.

If Freedman had been in charge of us for 10 games in which we won 4, drew 3 and lost 3 that would give us 15 points and a PPG of 1.5.

By that average we would have 30 points over the 20 games.

I'd just like to see Dooogies average implimented into the current table.

Pointless I know..
From ATs data, I think Dougie would be at 1.625 ppg which would put us into 5th.

Thanks, that's not too bad really is it?
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:28 am

Andy Waller wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:I was thinking more of the whole season sorry! PPG per team over the season so far.

Eg, if Cardiff had played 20 games under MM, won 10, drawn 5 and lost 5, that would give them 35 points. Giving them a PPG of 1.75.

If Freedman had been in charge of us for 10 games in which we won 4, drew 3 and lost 3 that would give us 15 points and a PPG of 1.5.

Pointless I know..
From ATs data, I think Dougie would be at 1.625 ppg which would put us into 5th.

hmmmm... but had Dougie been our manager - then he wouldn't have been Palace's manager - so would they have done so well early season - and how are those points redistributed in this scenario?

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:19 pm

thebish wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Pointless I know..

hmmmm... but had Dougie been our manager - then he wouldn't have been Palace's manager - so would they have done so well early season - and how are those points redistributed in this scenario?
They're not, it's only pretend.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:34 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:League Table only counting games during Dougie's reign

1 Cardiff 50
2 Watford 50
3 Hull 49
4 Palace 44
5 Forest 42
6 Brighton 41
7 Bolton 39
8 Ipswich 39
9 Birmingham 36
10 Leicester 34
11 Charlton 34
12 Millwall 34
13 Wednesday 34
14 Leeds 33
15 Peterborough 33
16 Boro 32
17 Burnley 32
18 Derby 31
19 Blackpool 29
20 Barnsley 29
21 Bristol 28
22 Huddersfield 27
23 Blackburn 26
24 Wolves 22
lol
Who dare teach you the meaning of that word Crazyhorse.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:53 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:League Table only counting games during Dougie's reign

1 Cardiff 50
2 Watford 50
3 Hull 49
4 Palace 44
5 Forest 42
6 Brighton 41
7 Bolton 39
8 Ipswich 39
9 Birmingham 36
10 Leicester 34
11 Charlton 34
12 Millwall 34
13 Wednesday 34
14 Leeds 33
15 Peterborough 33
16 Boro 32
17 Burnley 32
18 Derby 31
19 Blackpool 29
20 Barnsley 29
21 Bristol 28
22 Huddersfield 27
23 Blackburn 26
24 Wolves 22
lol
Who dare teach you the meaning of that word Crazyhorse.
Anyone translate? :conf:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:13 pm

Who taught Crazy horse the definition of LOL.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:15 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Who taught Crazy horse the definition of LOL.
Nobody did. I invented it and gave it as my gift to the world.
Businesswoman of the year.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:01 am

CrazyHorse wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:Who taught Crazy horse the definition of LOL.
Nobody did. I invented it and gave it as my gift to the world.
Superb, so in reality all the young people of Britain are stealing you word. :D .

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:05 am

8)
Yep. I like to think of myself as the voice of Britain's youth.
Businesswoman of the year.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:17 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:8)
Yep. I like to think of myself as the voice of Britain's youth.
Good stuff CH.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:57 pm

It's a slow evening here at Enoch Hall, listening to footy, waiting for the time to come when I go imbibing, I clearly have too much time on my hands.

It appears Freedman's record this season is:

Played 39 Won 18 Drawn 12 Lost 9 Points 66

As I type, this record would have a team in 4th place, exactly where Palace sit at the moment with one more point than they have.

I know that's meaningless and a pointless exercise, but Mrs Enoch's watching some shit on the tele.

I've credited Freedman with the two games Lennie and Curtis took at Palace because it suited my purpose.

Of course, Freedman did have to find time in the middle of his season to put some ping pong tables on ebay and dismantle a couple of snooker tables.

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:28 pm

I think what ever happens between now and the end of the season, if we don't get promoted Dougie has the team back fighting and set on promotion next season!
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:57 am

01/02/12 Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I wasn't overly happy with Dougie's appointment. I don't think he's set the world on fire. I really (really really) don't know how true it is that he's turned BWFC into some super-duper behind-the-scenes wonder organisation. And, he comes out with some strange pronouncements in his press statements.
All that aside, he has engineered an 'exciting' January transfer window, and my mind won't be fully made up until the end of this season. But, for my opinion of him to improve, we need in the next 18 games to produce a better run of form with mores games won, and a far superior points per game ratio than he has overseen in the first half of his reign this season. Here's hoping.
It's a funny old game. Still time to finish 16th though.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:06 am

02/02/13 SmokinFrazier wrote:Unacceptable.

If Freedman was sacked and we brought in Adkins, I'd be far more optimistic than I am now. For all the talk about 'change', we aren't seeing any positive changes where it matters.
:hang:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:50 am

Enoch wrote:
01/02/12 Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I wasn't overly happy with Dougie's appointment. I don't think he's set the world on fire. I really (really really) don't know how true it is that he's turned BWFC into some super-duper behind-the-scenes wonder organisation. And, he comes out with some strange pronouncements in his press statements.
All that aside, he has engineered an 'exciting' January transfer window, and my mind won't be fully made up until the end of this season. But, for my opinion of him to improve, we need in the next 18 games to produce a better run of form with mores games won, and a far superior points per game ratio than he has overseen in the first half of his reign this season. Here's hoping.
It's a funny old game. Still time to finish 16th though.
I still stand by what I wrote there.
I wasn't overly happy with his appointment.
He didn't set the world on fire when he arrived.
He has issued some deeply weird statements.
He did produce an 'exciting' transfer window.
He has produced a better run of form than in his opening spell, and therefore as a result my opinion of him as improved.

But you are right, there is time for him to get us down to 16th spot. Here's not hoping.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:11 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:He didn't set the world on fire when he arrived.
He has issued some deeply weird statements.
He did produce an 'exciting' transfer window.
He has produced a better run of form than in his opening spell, and therefore as a result my opinion of him as improved.
Can't argue with much there but what are these "weird statements"? Pretty much everything I've heard/read about from Dougie has been insightful and a refreshing change to what went before. I liked hearing that he took his wife and kids to centre parks. Everything seems normal and business-like to me.

Bit cautious on the whole as maybe our turnaround has been solely based on Dawson and Medo, bit like bringing Holden in was a few seasons ago. But the quotes from Dougie are some of the best bits for me so far, and it sounds like he's getting us back to being a proper setup again.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:20 am

What about when he said his families lives are at stake if he doesn't go to Bolton? Or when he said he's not after signing better players than the ones we've got?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:28 am

boltonboris wrote:What about when he said his families lives are at stake if he doesn't go to Bolton? Or when he said he's not after signing better players than the ones we've got?
1) Presumably higher wages at Bolton, thus giving his family a better future.
2) He's not going to slag off the entire quad on his first day. On paper our squad is/was very good. We can't afford "better" players than we had when he said that.

Glad I could help! :D
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:49 am

Armchair Wanderer wrote:
boltonboris wrote:What about when he said his families lives are at stake if he doesn't go to Bolton? Or when he said he's not after signing better players than the ones we've got?
2) He's not going to slag off the entire quad on his first day. On paper our squad is/was very good. We can't afford "better" players than we had when he said that.

1) he has an investment business that has made him a millionaire
2) I've heard some excuses, but that takes the biscuit. Saying something like "we're always looking to improve the squad and I believe I can do that" isn't exactly slagging off the whole squad.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:01 am

boltonboris wrote:
Armchair Wanderer wrote:

1) he has an investment business that has made him a millionaire
2) I've heard some excuses, but that takes the biscuit. Saying something like "we're always looking to improve the squad and I believe I can do that" isn't exactly slagging off the whole squad.
But I suspect both are taken slightly out of context of what was actually said and the words around it that provided meaning.

I think the player thing, he was talking about re-balancing the squad and getting certain types of "qualities" in there. Basically saying we had a lot of talented players but needed some grit and cover in certain areas.

I strongly suspect he meant we weren't going to get someone as skillful as Mark Davies or Eagles or LCY but something different.

Anyhow, he talks sense in my opinion. But also has a bit of mischief in him that some people will like and some won't. Personally I think it makes things entertaining.