Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Post by Enoch » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:34 pm

My memory isn't much cop, but I seem to remember he managed to get crocked twice last season.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:01 am

I'd always been on the fringes on Mavies. One of our more natural 'footballers' but could be so frustrating. When fit last season though, there was a lot more end product. I can't wait until he's back. I'm allowed to be optimistic pre-season, so I'm assuming that he and Pea-head are absolutely fine. A midfield five of Holden, Medo, Lee, Davies and Eagles is frightening. Mid-table Premiership good.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:24 am

Mark Davies is a very capable footballer who, like all yer mercurial types, can have days when he's just not working out. On those days, we replace him with Eagles - or perhaps play MD in a deeper, less attack-critical role.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:57 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Mark Davies is a very capable footballer who, like all yer mercurial types, can have days when he's just not working out. On those days, we replace him with Eagles - or perhaps play MD in a deeper, less attack-critical role.
There was that opening 10 minutes against Hull, where I thought I'd sat down in the Nou Camp by mistake. Davies was unstoppable that day
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Eagle in peace
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eagle in peace » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:52 pm

Eagle in peace wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Eagle in peace wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
Eagle in peace wrote:It looks like your chairman tapped him up.
That's nonsense. Get a grip.

No smoke without fire. Who is this Mark Curtis fella? He appears to be linked to DF now.

BTW - I am at stage 5 now. :wink:
I heard Freedman didn't have an agent and represented himself.

I'd be very very very careful, mentioning Curtis without knowing the facts. And nobody does.

It was as far as I can tell a bullshit rumour, started by some shit stirring Bolton fan on twitter with an agenda against Gartside.

I'm sure there was an interview a while back with Freedman saying he didn't like agents as they gave players bad advice and didn't use one himself.

Could be wrong, who knows. But probably best not to try and claim a fact that can't be verified.

Curtis is working for West Ham now anyway, with his mate and client, Sam Allardyce. Doubt he'd have any further involvement here.

I think Palace fans on the whole have been good about this. I do think that they will at some point wake up and realise how their club is being run.

Why were your owners so desperate to push your manager out the door? Announcing stuff before its done. They now say they were "stunned" that Freedman wanted to talk to us. Stunned that a manager would have at least a desire to talk to a bigger club, with better facilities, a bigger budget and better first team squad? Dissapointed maybe, but "stunned"? They will be stunned quite a few more times in football I'm sure.
All I said was "Who is this Mark Curtis fella?" and a link has been made to the two. Intriguing response from you.

In answer to your other points, I am not aware of specifics, but our owners were not desperate to be rid of him. See previous mention of DF's poor results in comparison to the majority of our managers over the past 20-30 years to see we were clearly not desperate to get rid of him. They did in fact back him in the close season, in part by offloading deadwood.

Sorry to repeat, but DF resigned, stating he was leaving for the Bolton job. They reported this, nothing more. They were "stunned" as every other Palace fan was, given his 3+ interviews stating clearly and categorically, this scenario was not going to happen. We may all be naive, but it's nice to trust people's integrity sometimes....

As for bigger, this as you know is not always better. Yes, he is reportedly offered bigger wages, yes he is going to a club with bigger debt, but better first team squad? Maybe, but facts prove you are currently wrong, and I am confident that will be proven at the end of this season. DF better have some budget to spend, as you will not best us with what you currently have.

PS - Better facilities yes (although my son's team has better facilities than us), and pies! :D
Interesting reading 15 months on. Hope for your sake, Freedman turns it around.