Lonergan Out till January

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Lonergan Out till January

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:37 am

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8190713/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So Bogdan best stay fit.....

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Re: Lonergan Out till January

Post by Verbal » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:28 am

Ruled out until 2012, that's not too bad :D
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:23 pm

That's a blow, Jay Lynch is good back up though. Bogdan wasn't at his best last night should of done better with both goals, but he has done well
so far this season.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Toni_DelijeSever
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Toni_DelijeSever » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:47 pm

He doesn't seem as a confident goallie to me. Didn't have the chance to watch Lynch,but I sure hope he's something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaVIQoyFue0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dartisan
Promising
Promising

Post by Dartisan » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:34 pm

I've not seen much of Lynch, but to be top of the Championship we need to have a keeper who's capable of playing at Prem level.

Bogdan for me isn't convincingly doing that (I still think it'll be a couple of years before he's at his peak, so that'd be 2 'youth' keepers as our top 2). At the very least he needs strong competition, so I see this as an opportunity for DF to track down a top level keeper who's looking for a better chance of action & bring him in on a short-term loan. The likes of Citeh & Spurs have 'keepers coming out of their ears at the moment.
...oh & sign Fred Barber back up ffs.
Everything but the game: Because it's not just a game, it's a way of life.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Anyone arsed?

Looks a pub player to me.

Dartisan
Promising
Promising

Post by Dartisan » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:48 pm

Gail Platz wrote:Anyone arsed?

Yes. As per above, Bogdan's far from convincing recently. In such a situation what you don't want is one less alternative option to him, one less player providing competition for the spot.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:52 pm

Dartisan wrote:

Yes. As per above, Bogdan's far from convincing recently. In such a situation what you don't want is one less alternative option to him, one less player providing competition for the spot.
Lets face it, he's not going to replace Bogdan is he?

Goalkeepers only get their chance from an injury to the number 1 or if the number 1 made some complete high profile howlers. Bogdan has done neither.

Dartisan
Promising
Promising

Post by Dartisan » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:18 pm

Gail Platz wrote:
Dartisan wrote:

Lets face it, he's not going to replace Bogdan is he?

Goalkeepers only get their chance from an injury to the number 1 or if the number 1 made some complete high profile howlers. Bogdan has done neither.
He can't replace Bogdan, he's injured :P
I take your point, but just because typically the established keeper doesn't get dropped unless he has an injury or howler doesn't mean it's not good to have a strong keeper on the bench.

If it were somebody widely considered to be a very experienced, top-level keeper then there is the real possibility that they could be taking his spot. If Lonergan is that much of an 'everybody knows you're just here to make up the numbers, you'll never get the start' keeper than perhaps we need to bring somebody better in. How far can the 'he's settled first choice' stretch? If we brought the likes of Richard Wright in on loan from City, or Gomes or Cudicini from Spurs, & had to guarantee a start I'd be saying 'Sorry Adam, it's the bench for a couple of months for you'.

...I guess what I'm saying is: I'm not sure Bogdan's quite good enough at 26 but probably will be with a couple more years maturity. As such I'd like somebody better than Lynch as his main competitor, ideally I'd like somebody more experienced who is arguably worthy of the start in Bogdan's place.