REAM...............? Why?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

REAM...............? Why?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:30 pm

He's absolutely shit............
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: REAM...............? Why?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:32 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:He's absolutely shit............
100% agree. Soft as shite and often completely unaware of what's around him.

Still makes me shudder that we spent 2M quid plus on him.

Just what the feck were they thinking?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:35 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:He's absolutely shit............
Nah, he's Ream...init.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:45 pm

It's all those Nando's
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:46 pm

We didn't.
Captain clueless did.

Shame when a manager gets sacked, he isn't forced to pay back all the wonga he has spuffed.
Clueless

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:01 pm

If he's a centre half I'm a spin bowler for the west indies.

He'll either be converted into another position by Dougie or he'll dissapear.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:27 pm

officer_dibble wrote:If he's a centre half I'm a spin bowler for the west indies.

He'll either be converted into another position by Dougie or he'll dissapear.
Reminds me of peter Valentine....
Anyway I'm sure he'll be a cracking left back.

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:30 pm

Still got the box.............!

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/blnc/1 ... 28_20.jpeg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:46 pm

how many dvds are in that ?

Holden midfielder
Promising
Promising

Post by Holden midfielder » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:59 pm

Is he that bad? Seriously asking.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:01 am

He's good with the ball but he's no centre half

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:08 am

He was fine last year and he and Wheater formed a solid enough partnership. He's got off to a poor start this year but I don't think he did too much wrong last year, certainly not much more than anyone else. You wouldn't have found a single person who'd have picked Knight ahead of him when we were in the Premier League.

I think Ream will develop into a good centre back. I think he could move to the left or be a defensive midfielder though.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:40 am

In no way could our defence last season be described as solid at any point, unless you were comparing them to turds or summat.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:03 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:In no way could our defence last season be described as solid at any point, unless you were comparing them to turds or summat.
SF is right tho. He started ok lst season,he is quick and can use the ball.He just lacks the physical power to cope at cb and has been muscled out a few times this season causing him to lose confidence. He's not the only one short on confidence. I dont think Ream is a dead loss by any means

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:07 am

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:In no way could our defence last season be described as solid at any point, unless you were comparing them to turds or summat.
SF is right tho. He started ok lst season,he is quick and can use the ball.He just lacks the physical power to cope at cb and has been muscled out a few times this season causing him to lose confidence. He's not the only one short on confidence. I dont think Ream is a dead loss by any means
I disagree. When he first got in the side I thought he wasn't good but maybe needed a few games to get up to speed with football over here. The tinters are on IMO, largely because he was anyone but Knight and he could run quicker than the other options. He might turn into a competent lower division player, but he'll never be good enough for the Premiership.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:15 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
I disagree. When he first got in the side I thought he wasn't good but maybe needed a few games to get up to speed with football over here. The tinters are on IMO, largely because he was anyone but Knight and he could run quicker than the other options. He might turn into a competent lower division player, but he'll never be good enough for the Premiership.
Have to wait and see I guess. I still think he has the attributes of a good fullback. He's just too lightweight to be a centre half. It will be interesting to see how a number of players develop(or not) under a new manager hopefully with a clearer system and an awareness of what their role is.

Alonso could end up as a defensive midfielder(too slow for a fullback) Ngog could turn out to be a decent RB and Pratley would make an excellent bike stand.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:30 am

Ianmooreslovechild wrote: Have to wait and see I guess. I still think he has the attributes of a good fullback. He's just too lightweight to be a centre half. It will be interesting to see how a number of players develop(or not) under a new manager hopefully with a clearer system and an awareness of what their role is.

Alonso could end up as a defensive midfielder(too slow for a fullback) Ngog could turn out to be a decent RB and Pratley would make an excellent bike stand.
Agree Alonso would do better in midfield, but once Holden is back he'd be way behind everyone to get a place anyway. Ngog I think is pretty decent as a link-up, hold-up kind of striker. He'll rarely score, but I think he is one of those players that makes others play better. Not worth £4m though. Pratley I wont comment on :lol:

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:35 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:He was fine last year and he and Wheater formed a solid enough partnership. He's got off to a poor start this year but I don't think he did too much wrong last year, certainly not much more than anyone else. You wouldn't have found a single person who'd have picked Knight ahead of him when we were in the Premier League.

I think Ream will develop into a good centre back. I think he could move to the left or be a defensive midfielder though.
He's 25 and at that age you either have it or you don't, he's not getting any better. I'm not sure you can say he was fine last season either all to often he was out muscled for the ball although as you say he was no worse than Knight (Wheater was better).

The best hope for Ream will either be left back or as a defensive midfielder.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:36 am

Ianmooreslovechild wrote: Anyway I'm sure he'll be a cracking left back.
I've heard this foolishness before. Take a look at Hull's third goal and you'll soon revise your opinion, Sir. I'm sure.

He's at fault for both of Boro's goals on Saturday. On the first one McDonald goes the long way around Ream and is still first to the ball, and on the second one Ream just leaves him in yards of space.

Zat Knight, against the odds, has proved more than capable of playing at this level. Ream on the other hand has merely emphasised the point that he's no more a professional footballer than Fred Talbot is.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:44 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote: Have to wait and see I guess. I still think he has the attributes of a good fullback. He's just too lightweight to be a centre half. It will be interesting to see how a number of players develop(or not) under a new manager hopefully with a clearer system and an awareness of what their role is.

Agree Alonso would do better in midfield, but once Holden is back he'd be way behind everyone to get a place anyway. Ngog I think is pretty decent as a link-up, hold-up kind of striker. He'll rarely score, but I think he is one of those players that makes others play better. Not worth £4m though. Pratley I wont comment on :lol:
Yep but it does depend on the system used. I think NGog is the best player we have to head a 451 but would you pick him ahead of KD at present? NGog just isnt going to become a goalscorer so in the end his best position may be elsewhere. Take the expectation to score off him and he may even bag a few.

Alonso of course would be behind Holden if Holden is fit but it's all very uncertain. Holden may need to play left midfiled initially to ease him back in. Alonso doesnt have the pace for full back or the spring for centre back but he can pass and has an eye for goal.He is our most likely campo type player and not just because he's spanish. He has similar strengths and weaknesses.

I'm looking forward to seeing what is done with the square pegs. Coyle seemed to sign players unsuited to the position they played in and used systems unsuited to the players he had. The next 6 months could be very interesting.

Pratley may just have to be farmed out to hopefully gain some confidence and play regularly likewise Sordell if we arent using him. Send afobe back to arsenal too if he's not interested.Hopefully Freedman will not suffer fools and will be prepared to make decisions. In a way he is in the perfect position to do this as they arent his signings so shifting them on isnt an admission of failure.