Freedman and Gartside on GMR tonight 6pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Freedman and Gartside on GMR tonight 6pm

Post by Athers » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:15 pm

New manager Dougie Freedman and Bolton Wanderers chairman Phil Gartside will be special guests on BBC Radio Manchester's Football Phone-In from 18:00 GMT on Monday, 29 October - listen online http://www.bbc.co.uk/radiomanchester" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Freedman and Gartside on GMR tonight 6pm

Post by Jokers in White » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:01 pm

Very impressed with Dougie tonight, he wants a positive mentality at the club and knows that the defence needs attention straight away. He mentioned that everyone as a clean slate now and as already had a chat with Marvin, he understands that it must of been hard on the lad to leave London and family behind to come up north to Bolton and with the fee, a goal scoring Marvin will be important to the team if we are to get promoted this season. I knew Gartside wouldn't stay on for the actual phone in and left the media suite just before the calls came in pussy.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:19 pm

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/update/ ... unveiling/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Debo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Debo » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:56 pm

You must have missed the start, or you would know its 'Duggie' ;-)

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:02 pm

He's happy with the squad which makes a change to managers coming in saying that the players aren't good enough and trying to put their own stamp on the club. Fair play to him for not coming up with bullshit excuses the minute he's through the door.

Only time will tell but good luck Dougie.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:48 pm

Debo wrote:You must have missed the start, or you would know its 'Duggie' ;-)
ITK my friend, ITK 8)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:15 am

I'm just listening to it now. Fook me some of our fans are thick.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:33 am

Also, Athers, are you related to Verbs?! You sound exactly like him!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:41 am

Does he say things like, "HI GUYS I READ THE TELEGRAPH." ??
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:20 am

Prufrock wrote:I'm just listening to it now. Fook me some of our fans are thick.
I'm absolutely convinced that the BBC filter out the thickest 4uckers our town can possibly produce for any broadcast involving the Boltonian public. If fact, sometimes I think that they get people from surrounding towns on that are just taking the piss (Athers notwithstanding ;) )
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:25 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:I'm just listening to it now. Fook me some of our fans are thick.
I'm absolutely convinced that the BBC filter out the thickest 4uckers our town can possibly produce for any broadcast involving the Boltonian public. If fact, sometimes I think that they get people from surrounding towns on that are just taking the piss (Athers notwithstanding ;) )
Or is it just that the thick fookers wanting to ring in and have "a go" at someone are the only ones who bother to call?

I rather suspect that is the case. It wouldn't be so bad if they could aritculately spell out their point, rather than just mumbling about nothing.....

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:35 am

The bloke on there who reads the texts out answered the phone and asked me what my question was, then for my phone number to call me back.

Not sure it's evidence of a vetting process but if they have a list of names and what they want to ask I dread to think what doesn't get asked if the first 'question' was some guy saying he didn't want Freedman as manager.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:37 am

Athers wrote:The bloke on there who reads the texts out answered the phone and asked me what my question was, then for my phone number to call me back.

Not sure it's evidence of a vetting process but if they have a list of names and what they want to ask I dread to think what doesn't get asked if the first 'question' was some guy saying he didn't want Freedman as manager.
Not heard the phone-in but generally they want the angry people to get on air. If someone called up and asked what his management style was, or what he thought of 4-2-3-1, or a sensible question the producer would think that it'd be boring so they wouldn't get called back. Also, technical questions wouldn't get through because the average Joe wouldn't understand. I don't listen to local BBC radio but 5Live love a good Jeremy Kyle-style argument.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:19 pm

Athers wrote:The bloke on there who reads the texts out answered the phone and asked me what my question was, then for my phone number to call me back.

I haven't listened yet Athers. But what was the gist of your question and his subsequent answer?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:36 pm

Asked him about his trip(s) to Milanelo and what he learned from the way they prepare their players.

He said he could speak about the place all day but just gave one example due to being short on time - the professional way the club mentally responded to a defeat the next day (2006 CL semi-final loss to Barca).

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:41 pm

Athers wrote:Asked him about his trip(s) to Milanelo and what he learned from the way they prepare their players.

He said he could speak about the place all day but just gave one example due to being short on time - the professional way the club mentally responded to a defeat the next day (2006 CL semi-final loss to Barca).
Was very interested by that question but I wish he had longer to talk about it

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:45 pm

Sadly someone needed to know when we're going to be back in Europe.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:04 pm

Prufrock wrote:Also, Athers, are you related to Verbs?! You sound exactly like him!
Nah that's Athers' posh telephone voice I reckon.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:10 pm

It was a bit, I am from Leigh after all.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:12 pm

If they do have a vetting process how in the hell did those other callers get on?

Senile blokes who just jibber on about feck all rather than spitting out a question.