New Freedman book

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Troton
Hopeful
Hopeful

New Freedman book

Post by Troton » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:52 pm

Interesting new book just out about Freedman - and what motivates him. He's had a few fall-outs along the way - eg with Ron Atkinson. "A spikey little jock" is how one of his managers described him when he was a player. But all-in-all seems a good lad with loads of experience dating back to his QPR days. He's married to the daughter of ex England 'keeper Ray Clemence. I reckon he'll do well (if the players can understand his Glasgwegian accent!). See copies of the book are on ebay's BW site.

cecil.bob
Reliable
Reliable

Re: New Freedman book

Post by cecil.bob » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:22 pm

Troton wrote:Interesting new book just out about Freedman - and what motivates him. He's had a few fall-outs along the way - eg with Ron Atkinson. "A spikey little jock" is how one of his managers described him when he was a player. But all-in-all seems a good lad with loads of experience dating back to his QPR days. He's married to the daughter of ex England 'keeper Ray Clemence. I reckon he'll do well (if the players can understand his Glasgwegian accent!). See copies of the book are on ebay's BW site.
Wonder if he can get his father-in-law to sort out Boggers...

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:43 pm

cecil.bob wrote:
Troton wrote:Interesting new book just out about Freedman - and what motivates him. He's had a few fall-outs along the way - eg with Ron Atkinson. "A spikey little jock" is how one of his managers described him when he was a player. But all-in-all seems a good lad with loads of experience dating back to his QPR days. He's married to the daughter of ex England 'keeper Ray Clemence. I reckon he'll do well (if the players can understand his Glasgwegian accent!). See copies of the book are on ebay's BW site.
We have a new GK coach now anyway.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:52 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:
cecil.bob wrote:
we do ?

who ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:40 am

bobo the clown wrote:
the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:
cecil.bob wrote:
we do ?

who ?
Great owl impression mate!
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:10 am

What book? title?

Troton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Troton » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:34 pm

Title is: Just Give Me A Chance - The Playing Days of Dougie Freedman.

It's at Amazon but cheaper on ebay's Bolton Wanderers site.

Owen Coyle gets a mention!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:23 pm

Did you write it perchance?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:41 pm

If so hes shit at marketing...no name drop on post one!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:55 am

"We have a new GK coach now anyway."

Second thread I've seen this on and it's no closer to the truth now than it was on the last one.

Phil Hughes, who came in from Burnley with Coyle, is still in place. How long for remains to be seen.