Leicester City

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Leicester City

Post by Jugs » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
Tals-biggest-fan wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
Tals-biggest-fan wrote:The fact Kevin Davies is still on the pitch shows that Dougie doesn't trust Sordell....
KD playing well and not tiring so why take him off?
because he isn't scoring goals.... Why people continue to make him out to be god is beyond me... he is a striker... strikers have to score goals... he hasn't scored so you bring on another striker.
Not God by any means. The point was he was playing effectively and combining well with Pratley and the others getting in around him.Sordell is a very different sort of player from the little we've seen of him.
Combining well but not scoring goals. Playing effectively (debatable) but not having a shot. The fact that people are now defending another decision to play K. Davies for 90 minutes by claiming that he worked well with Pratley of all people makes me worry that we'll see more of the same from the pair, rather than just Davies, on Saturday to no avail once more. No one is saying that Sordell can do what Davies does but the reverse is also true. But how about taking Pratley off for Sordell? Maybe Sordell's pace would have been a greater benefit in the last twenty minutes along with his striker's instinct.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Personally, I'm made up with that result. A point or 3 on Saturday and things will look much rosier in the garden.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:25 pm

What if we get no points?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:25 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Personally, I'm made up with that result. A point or 3 on Saturday and things will look much rosier in the garden.
3 would look rosy... 1 would look like 5 points in 3 games - which is less than the 2ppg we needed at the start of the season for promotion and the 3.97ppg we now need! :wink:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:33 pm

thebish wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Personally, I'm made up with that result. A point or 3 on Saturday and things will look much rosier in the garden.
3 would look rosy... 1 would look like 5 points in 3 games - which is less than the 2ppg we needed at the start of the season for promotion and the 3.97ppg we now need! :wink:
Definitely Freedman out now, he's dropped below his points per game average already!! :lol:
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:33 pm

Jugs wrote:What if we get no points?
What if we get 3?
Pfffft.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:35 pm

Dont think too much can be made of Sordells abscence under Freedman (yet) as I imagine hes a tad off match fitness atm.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:42 pm

I'm wondering why we bothered getting Freedman in. We could have saved a fortune by just getting a management team from some on here instead. Any ratings from the lads that went?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:44 pm

25 mins of nullifying Petrov by playing him on the right. Madness

Taking Eagles off. Madness.

Bringing UselessAfobe on. Madness.

Leaving KD on. Moronic.

Step back tonight IMO.
A performance which would be good away from home.
Not acceptable at home IMO to show no real signs of wanting to win the game.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:46 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Jugs wrote:What if we get no points?
What if we get 3?
Apparently if we get three, things will look much rosier in the garden; so I'm wondering what the garden will look like if we get none? It's easy to say that things will look pleasant if we get three points in the next game but I've been saying that all season and mostly often I've been let down.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:56 pm

Not too keen on what I'm reading after what was such a positive Saturday. I hope that he's giving other players a look in as he's yet to see them all fully, but today's substitutes were quite strange.

However, I am really chuffed with a point and finally a clean sheet!

We have a good base to build on.

Oh, and if you boo'd, feck off.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:03 pm

Leicester were excellent first half I thought, probably the best half of football I've seen any team play this season. We were fortunate to go in 0-0 and owe it to Bogdan. Stats at half time had them having 9 shots to 5, 9 corners to 1 and more possession. We were fairly toothless and looked like a typical side with a new manager, bits of hesitancy as the players try to adjust and play their positions with more discipline... To the point the centre backs were reluctant to cover across when it was necessary for example. I was OK with this in part as at least I could detect a plan to keep things narrow and the back four protected in the middle. This is a team who have been conceding 2 per game for about 2 years remember.

We were better second half and I'd probably call it an even half, we lacked the electric which N'gog brought to us when he came on on Saturday. Lee had an off night and Eagles was kept quiet.

I'm in no way disappointed though, a clean sheet is something worth taking, especially for Bogdan. We were fortunate to get it but it's in the pocket and there's soon another game against a shaken up club we can go and get something.

Final point from me on my favourite topic - the abysmal adaptation to Leicester taking repeated short corners where they got 2v1s and created chances. If we'd lost the game from one of those situations we'd have deserved to!!
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:04 pm

Happy with the clean sheet, but let's not be daft, Bogdan earned that point almost single handedly. Despite Eagles and Chungy's presence, we really struggled to have any width and sat a little too deep which invited Leicester to push forward and put us under pressure.

KD still has a role to play, but not over 90 minutes. It's certainly going to take a while for DF to eliminate the "lump it to Davies" default setting from any number of players.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:05 pm

keveh wrote:Oh, and if you boo'd, feck off.
:pray:

Decent and lucky point for me. Great to see Bogdan play so well and Pratley had his best game that I've seen him have. Midfield at times in the 1st half were completely over ran but much better in the 2nd. Andrews distribution is a constant worry and LCY is still not back to his best.

Very impressed with Leicester. Waghorn and the No4 were a class apart in the 1st half.

Agree with Bob though. Would have taken 4 pts from those 2 games before hand. Cliche alert - Rome wasn't built in a day
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:08 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Afobe probably had to be guaranteed so many minutes playing time. Maybe we're getting them out of the way and then can kick oh with Sordell. Don't know that, but there has to be some reason our 3m striker isn't playing.
Keep seeing this written but refuse to believe it, it just doesn't ring true. Makes no sense, and I thought both managers could terminate the loan deal at anytime? Still there must be some reason for it? DF already said our squad in unhealthily large, perhaps he's just having a look at him before binning him off?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:11 pm

We're developing another team's striker as opposed to our own.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:14 pm

Decent point from a dogged performance.

Clean sheet was great.

They were better than us first half. We were improved second half.

This system though, we need to find another striker who can play up front on their own.

KD did well tonight but we lacked pace up top.

Eagles and LCY were pish IMO.

Not a fan of Petrov in the right....

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:23 pm

Leicester looked very good in the first half especially in a strong 20 minute spell. We offered nothing in the final third during that time. Much better in the second half but we didn't look like putting a spell together where we'd create clear cut chances.

Didn't like Freedman's subs one bit. OK I don't mind taking a poor Lee off but then to replace him a left winger on the right strikes of Coyleitis. Pratley does absolutely nothing with the ball, his worth is chasing down defenders up the pitch but then we have two covering midfielders if a less athletic player plays there. There were two occasions where Mavies got the ball near the box and created chances. He just doesn't get it enough in those positions and that is a direct result of Pratley playing. KD is woeful. Can't wait for Ngog to start.

In the grand scheme of things its not a bad result and a clean sheet to boot. I like the fact we're more solid. It just needs the right players further up the pitch and we might look like scoring more. Bogdan will get a confidence boost after tonight. He made quite a few decent saves.

And I've just seen Athers comments on the corners :lol:
Last edited by Dr.Karl on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:24 pm

keveh wrote:Not too keen on what I'm reading after what was such a positive Saturday. I hope that he's giving other players a look in as he's yet to see them all fully, but today's substitutes were quite strange.

However, I am really chuffed with a point and finally a clean sheet!

We have a good base to build on.

Oh, and if you boo'd, feck off.
This!!!!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:27 pm

Just back. we looked organised and were worth a point.

utter feck* nonsense subs though.