Bogdan

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Bogdan

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:17 pm

Athers wrote:... you can hardly say Jussi for example thrived under the oncoming pressure of Bogdan.
Jussi, for 2, maybe 3 seasons played every minute of every match despite Ian Walker being sat on the bench with a career record of 499 Premiership games.

You'd have thought bringing him on for his 500th, if only for the last 5m of a game we were 3 up in, wouldn't have been beyond the pale.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:12 pm

Adam could still come good.

Anyone remember BSA's first game against Crewe, when Jussi had one of the very worst GF performances ever seen.....years later he was our best keeper ever!

He needs some of Zat Knight's recent 'come and have a go' attitude.
Troll and proud of it.

DUBLIN TROTTER
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by DUBLIN TROTTER » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:17 pm

still cant get the picture of bogdan flapping with thw ball as hes shoulder charged on the last game of the premiership last season, it was a free kick he never got nut he shoud have been much stronger
the goal conceaded v cardiff on sat was a joke also, he needs to man up and improve if hes to saty No.1

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:40 pm

Oh, good God !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:31 pm

Credit where it's due he was good tonight.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:44 pm

Prufrock wrote:Credit where it's due he was good tonight.
Stick a rating up on the match thread Pru?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:06 pm

Made some real top drawer saves tonight and only once parried it back in to the danger area. Hopefully it will be a big boost for him as arguably he was the difference between us losing and getting a point tonight.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:35 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Credit where it's due he was good tonight.
Stick a rating up on the match thread Pru?
9/10
Just fcked up a couple of punches and dallied on some throws out. Made some great saves.

HM Murdock
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by HM Murdock » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:42 am

I hope I have to eat my words and he plays like that every week

Could have lost 0-4 last night but for Bogdan, he was superb for the most part. Fair play to him
West Stand White

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:58 am

officer_dibble wrote:just ... dallied on some throws out. Made some great saves.
Which is, in itself, a phrase which we've not been able to say for about 10 seasons. :oyea:
Last edited by bobo the clown on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:21 am

bobo the clown wrote:Oh, good God !
I think I know what you mean.
Was it, by any chance, a despairing cry of anguish having just discovered that Danny Boy has a twin?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:31 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Was it, by any chance, a despairing cry of anguish having just discovered that Danny Boy has a twin?
His less bright one, by the looks.

That's the trouble with Jedward. It's only when you meet 'ward, that you realise Jed' wasn't the worst of it.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:35 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
His less bright one, by the looks.

That's the trouble with Jedward. It's only when you meet 'ward, that you realise Jed' wasn't the worst of it.
:lol:

I can't wait until the two of them are on the same thread at the same time. I'm actually looking forward to that... the first time anyway, I can forsee it becoming quite tedious after that.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bigdaz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bigdaz » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:33 pm

I was one of the few who said on other boards ( 606 ) that Bogdan was a mistake and copped huge amounts for it, seeing jussi now 1st choice for a top ten prem club i just cant understand why Coyle put an inexperienced keeper into a relegation fight and sold al habsi to a relegation rival. Gartside should have gone for agreeing to that.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:43 pm

bigdaz wrote:I was one of the few who said on other boards ( 606 ) that Bogdan was a mistake and copped huge amounts for it, seeing jussi now 1st choice for a top ten prem club i just cant understand why Coyle put an inexperienced keeper into a relegation fight and sold al habsi to a relegation rival. Gartside should have gone for agreeing to that.
you seriously can't understand why we sold a saleable asset?? had we NOT sold him - we'd have had to drop Jussi (the top-ten premiership goalie) and have Jussi on the bench (on a very fat wage running down his contract)... or NOT drop Jussi and have Al Habsi run down his contract on the bench and then bugger off for nowt.

what is it that you don't understand???? jussi didn't want to move and wasn't in big demand - Al Habsi was desperate to move. we couldn't keep both - we sold the one that we could get decent dosh for.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:09 pm

And, without that money we'd never have been able to sign N'Gog...
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:34 pm

Quite amusing to read this thread from the top after his performance on Tuesday. A little short-term version of the hindsight that quite a few folk are using by insisting they said at the time that we should keep the very saleable asset / unhappy reserve AAH, perhaps by leaving one of the club's biggest earners on his arse.

Well, they say they said it, but they don't provide proof...

:fishing:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Quite amusing to read this thread from the top after his performance on Tuesday. A little short-term version of the hindsight that quite a few folk are using by insisting they said at the time that we should keep the very saleable asset / unhappy reserve AAH, perhaps by leaving one of the club's biggest earners on his arse.

Just ask a librarian then DSB. See viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21141" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , second post from Bobo provides proof of his assertion and he is joined by others in the thread.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:02 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Quite amusing to read this thread from the top after his performance on Tuesday. A little short-term version of the hindsight that quite a few folk are using by insisting they said at the time that we should keep the very saleable asset / unhappy reserve AAH, perhaps by leaving one of the club's biggest earners on his arse.

Just ask a librarian then DSB. See viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21141" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , second post from Bobo provides proof of his assertion and he is joined by others in the thread.
do you mean the second post (which happens to be Bobo) or Bobo's second post?

if the former - then Bobo just says it is a shame - not that it is Coyle's biggest mistake or anything like that... It's a shame when we have to lose any of our decent players...

of course he may have said that kind of thing elsewhere - and if he says he has, then i am happy to believe him - but the one you quote shows a low "proof threshold" for librarians, that's all! :wink:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:14 am

thebish wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

do you mean the second post (which happens to be Bobo) or Bobo's second post? if the former - then Bobo just says it is a shame - not that it is Coyle's biggest mistake or anything like that... It's a shame when we have to lose any of our decent players... of course he may have said that kind of thing elsewhere - and if he says he has, then i am happy to believe him - but the one you quote shows a low "proof threshold" for librarians, that's all! :wink:
Indeed. If that's the proof of the pudding, I'm still hungry :D

And while it's a very nice offer, Monty, if folks are gonna play the Told You So card they could at least provide their own proof of their incredible foresight. Then, after that, perhaps they can go about explaining what else we should have done when we couldn't pick both an unsettled £4m asset and a high earner challenging for the same position. There was a lot of Championship Manager thinking.