Next 8 games

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Next 8 games

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:32 pm

The next 8 take us up to the "make or break" Christmas period and comprise of 3 teams hovering around the play offs, 4 teams below us and Blackpool, who are just 2 points above us. If DF, LL and t'other fella can weave their magic quickly enough, then there's points to be had from this run of games. IMO (and with at least one rose tinted lens in):

Away to Blackpool - win.
Home to Barnsley - win.
Away to Brighton - although a point is possible, we're going to lose once in this sequence and it'll be here because I'm going to this one.
Away to Blackburn - equally, the defeat could come here, but I couldn't possible acknowledge that, so let's say draw.
Home to Ipswich - win.
Away to Huddersfield - draw.
Home to Charlton - win.
Away to Peterborough - win (I'm going to this one too, nevertheless I remain optimistic).

In total, 17 pts from a possible 24. It would give us a season's average of a shade over 1.5ppg (36pts from 23 games), which I think is sufficient to put us in touch with the play off places by Christmas.

Or am I dreaming?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Next 8 games

Post by Jugs » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:48 pm

A lot may hinge on tomorrow; if we lose or draw you're wanting 5 wins out of the next 7 games which seems a big ask for Bolton at the moment and even that may not be quite good enough. It'd be interesting to see where 36 points would leave us; 'Boro already have 32 so my guess is we'll still be miles off the top.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:08 pm

One step at a time. Feck let's first concentrate on getting mid table, then top half.

Thinking of the top two currently is just pointless.

Build it little by little. There will be setbacks, tomorrow will probably be one.

But if we are a bit more consistent then we can move up the table.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:36 pm

Only 5 points off the playoff places :D

It is a pretty open league though so inspite of a slow start nothing is impossible.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:41 am

I don't think we'll get 17 points from our next 8 games. The team just isn't playing with the confidence you need to get those sort of results. It'll take a while before we start playing confidently but when we do, I think we are capable of going on long excellent runs, where we'll pick up over 5 wins in a row. It'll just take time to reach that point...annoyingly for us fans! I think we've got more of the same coming until after the Christmas period.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:30 am

Pre season predictions were as follows

Away to Blackpool - Draw.
Home to Barnsley - Win.
Away to Brighton - Win,
Away to Blackburn - Draw
Home to Ipswich - Win
Away to Huddersfield - Draw
Home to Charlton - Win
Away to Peterborough - Win

In total, 18 pts from a possible 24. Both tinted lenses in

I had predicted us on 25pts after 15 games so I'm 6 pts down at present but why change a habit of a lifetime and change the predictions mid season.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:09 am

We still got a hell of a chance of getting promoted this season

We got Holden and Wheater to come back and hopefully dougie makes some astute signings in January and we still got that Chelsea loan to use yet

I think January onwards we'll really push on

Futures bright - The futures white
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:52 am

We'll win a few...lose a few...then hit the january sales..Squads not hungry enough for promotion yet. Top two - no chance.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:08 am

officer_dibble wrote:We'll win a few...lose a few...then hit the january sales..Squads not hungry enough for promotion yet. Top two - no chance.
Seems likely there'll be more out than in during the sales but if it creates a tighter squad it's not a negative. Get shut of those not on board and sign players with a bit of drive.I cant see us making top two but I can see us putting some runs together after xmas and running the top two reasonably close.Playoffs should still be expected rather than dreamt of.
It's a very difficult league to predict. Are cardiff/leicester/Palace really good enough to run away with the top spots. Do they have any depth to their squads?
It's going to be interesting.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:56 am

officer_dibble wrote:We'll win a few...lose a few...then hit the january sales..Squads not hungry enough for promotion yet. Top two - no chance.
Tend to agree with that. We do have a good squad but Freedman can't realistically be expected to get them immediately out of the bad habits they picked up under Coyle. At the start of the season I fancied us to finish around 7th. After a month I was worried whether we'd stop up. Now, 7th seems about right I reckon.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:56 am

Double post :oops:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:23 am

Away to Blackpool - Lose
Home to Barnsley - Lose
Away to Brighton - Lose
Away to Blackburn - Win
Home to Ipswich - Lose
Away to Huddersfield - Lose
Home to Charlton - Win
Away to Peterborough - Lose


Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:26 am

adamworthy2002 wrote:Away to Blackpool - Lose
Home to Barnsley - Lose
Away to Brighton - Lose
Away to Blackburn - Win
Home to Ipswich - Lose
Home to Charlton - Win
http://youtu.be/a79t3s5yig8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:31 am

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
Home to Barnsley - Lose
Away to Brighton - Lose
Away to Blackburn - Win
Home to Ipswich - Lose
Home to Charlton - Win
http://youtu.be/9658QnAycvw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:12 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
Home to Barnsley - Lose
Away to Brighton - Lose
Away to Blackburn - Win
Home to Ipswich - Lose
Home to Charlton - Win

:lol:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Next one game (today) and a win will do nicely for me right now. Bridges when come to.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:51 pm

[quote="TonyDomingos"]The next 8 take us up to the "make or break" Christmas period and comprise of 3 teams hovering around the play offs, 4 teams below us and Blackpool, who are just 2 points above us. If DF, LL and t'other fella can weave their magic quickly enough, then there's points to be had from this run of games. IMO (and with at least one rose tinted lens in):

Home to Barnsley - win.
Away to Brighton - draw (going)
Away to Blackburn -draw (going)
Home to Ipswich - win.
Away to Huddersfield - draw
Home to Charlton - win.
Away to Peterborough - win

i cannot see bolton loosing ay of these games the way they are playing i hope i am not proven wrong
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:14 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:The next 8 take us up to the "make or break" Christmas period and comprise of 3 teams hovering around the play offs, 4 teams below us and Blackpool, who are just 2 points above us. If DF, LL and t'other fella can weave their magic quickly enough, then there's points to be had from this run of games. IMO (and with at least one rose tinted lens in):

Away to Blackpool - win.
Home to Barnsley - win.
Away to Brighton - although a point is possible, we're going to lose once in this sequence and it'll be here because I'm going to this one.
Away to Blackburn - equally, the defeat could come here, but I couldn't possible acknowledge that, so let's say draw.
Home to Ipswich - win.
Home to Charlton - win.
Away to Peterborough - win (I'm going to this one too, nevertheless I remain optimistic).

In total, 17 pts from a possible 24. It would give us a season's average of a shade over 1.5ppg (36pts from 23 games), which I think is sufficient to put us in touch with the play off places by Christmas.

Or am I dreaming?
10 pts. I was dreaming.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:50 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:The next 8 take us up to the "make or break" Christmas period and comprise of 3 teams hovering around the play offs, 4 teams below us and Blackpool, who are just 2 points above us. If DF, LL and t'other fella can weave their magic quickly enough, then there's points to be had from this run of games. IMO (and with at least one rose tinted lens in):

Away to Blackpool - win.
Home to Barnsley - win.
Home to Ipswich - win.
Home to Charlton - win.

Or am I dreaming?
10 pts. I was dreaming.
We got a point at brighton though!

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:50 pm

right after the brum game its transfer window.... so this is where we can all judge the performances properly... dougie would of had time to change the squad around... so next 10 games results?

Birmingham - Home
-Transfer Window Opens -
Leeds - Away
Millwall - Home
Palace - Away
Peterborough - Home
- End Of Transfer Window -
Watford - Away
Burnley - Home
Forest - Away
Derby - Away
Hull - Home

26 points from 30 should be the target (8wins 2 draw) but realistically we're looking more likely to get between 8 and 11
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY