The Tykes Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Re: The Tykes Thread

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:45 pm

thebish wrote:
BL3 wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
BL3 wrote:Those that think 'steady progress' is a 1-1 draw at home to a team that had lost the previous four games.
Oh right so we did't beat free scoring Cardiff then . No

We did't draw with Leicester City
...and then we drew with a team fourth from bottom. That's not progress is it? That's the exact opposite. It's like teaching the remedial class on here sometimes.
BL - if you didn't act like such a dick - people might see that you have a point to make and you could contribute to a good-natured discussion...

would it be so hard to wind your neck in a bit and find a bit of humour/modesty/self-awareness??

if not - then why are you hear at all??? if you're not careful people will simply write you off as a WUM...

:pray:

It's defintley Dan
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:47 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:To be fair, BL3 makes some good points but get's picked on a bit.

Which he asks for on occasion, but not all the time.
it wasn't his point it was the constant "remedial class" stuff... it's getting boring...

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:48 pm

I think that's what I implied.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:49 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote: Not to suddenly be top of the league after 4 weeks and stuffing every fvcker we play
i don't know why raising some questions about the barnsley performance equates with believing we should be suddenly top of the league after 4 weeks....

should N'gog be out wide on the right? are we not even allowed to ask that??

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:50 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:I think that's what I implied.
in that case - you were just repeating what I implied! :wink:

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:50 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:I'v watched the highlights , listened to WP , listened to the people who went and i'm pretty sure we had enough chances to win it

Apparently we had loads of shots straight down the keepers throat had eithier one of them flew in we would of won

How the fvck has that anything to do with Freedmans tactics and decisions that's the players fault (you can put it down to anything composure confidence etc)

And by the sounds of it Barnsely did't trouble Bogdan to much (which is an improvement) and was beaten by an excellent strike plus DF has already said he should of been closed down alot sooner

I'm not claiming everything is rosy but as worthy has already posted some stats that has showed we are improving

So as i have said all along "SLOW AND STEADY IMPROVEMENT" is what we should be expecting

Not to suddenly be top of the league after 4 weeks and stuffing every fvcker we play
The bloke who was stuck out on the wing against Barnsley might just have shown the same sort of 'composure' he showed against Cardiff when he played up front and the bloke who wasn't even on the bench might have made a better bet on the wing. Just a hunch.
Last edited by BL3 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:53 pm

Why have you Quoted me twice

It's like being back at bloody school
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:54 pm

Oh, you just corrected your school boy error

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:55 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:Oh, you just corrected your school boy error
When can we expect you to correct yours?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:57 pm

BL3 wrote:

Sorry i'm not a mod

Because if i were you'd be fvcking gone that's for sure

WUM

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:17 pm

thebish wrote:
BL - if you didn't act like such a dick - people might see that you have a point to make and you could contribute to a good-natured discussion...

would it be so hard to wind your neck in a bit and find a bit of humour/modesty/self-awareness??

if not - then why are you hear at all??? if you're not careful people will simply write you off as a WUM...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:49 pm

thebish wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
Who's pretending

Slow and steady progress

Perhaps people should support Barca not Bolton

I have no interest in barca - see other footie for the fanboys!!

but - it's just stuff like people suggesting we were ideally set up on Saturday - when those same people would have crucified a previous manager for the formation and/or substitutions.

no - i don't want Coyle back, but can't we just say summat like..

it's great to have a new manager - we generally feel more positive - but still be able to say that he made a mistake without everyone instantly saying - "so you'd like Coyle back then, wanker!"

yes - it's early days - FAR too early to know if Freedman will be a success at the club... personally I have written off promotion this season - it's a liberation! BUT - that surely doesn't mean we can't be a bit mystified by some of the decisions Freedman makes - or that we can't be upset that we didn't seem to be even close to being able to beat Barnsley at home...

that's all!! 8)
Bish I think you've pretty close to nailed it here.

I remember being mystified as to why Allardyce played Bo Hansen out wide, at first anyway.

Not saying this is the same just that I do at least feel there is a plan whereas before there was just chaos.

At least we can give him time to properly implement before we start tearing what surely little hair we all have left.....

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:27 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
BL3 wrote:

Sorry i'm not a mod

WUM
That's the sort of cop out favoured by those who don't like their opinions being challenged, which tends to suggest that there isn't much substance to those 'opinions', or that they're a bit too sensitive to be on a public forum like this. Or both.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:35 pm

At least we can give him time to properly implement before we start tearing what surely little hair we all have left.....
Couldn't agree more.

He's inherited a squad that's not firing, it will take a while to truly understand who's who. Some will become part of his plans, some will be moved on, others will be brought in. Much as we might like, it cannot happen overnight.

Whatever happens, I doubt I'll be judging him before this time next year.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:50 pm

BL3 wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
BL3 wrote:

Sorry i'm not a mod

WUM
That's the sort of cop out favoured by those who don't like their opinions being challenged, which tends to suggest that there isn't much substance to those 'opinions', or that they're a bit too sensitive to be on a public forum like this. Or both.

Think you'll find that i challenged your opinion while you were throwing your toys out of your pram, because we drew

And you continue harp on

Not to mention you were avoiding some straight questions, which tends to suggest you got fvck all between the ears or no bollocks or both

Now fvck off back under that rock

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:58 pm

BL3 wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
BL3 wrote:

Sorry i'm not a mod

WUM
Talking of cop outs, when are you going to talk about the improvement in PPG we have had since your hero left?

Or are you just conveniently ignoring owt that doesn't support your bollocks?

And it is bollocks. Just like how you tried to tell everyone our wage bill was halved last season, and when the evidence to show that is not the case is revealed, you just ignore that particular post.

You certainly struggle with your opinions being challenged. Especially when they are exposed as made up fantasy bollocks.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:00 pm

Clearly Phil missed out when BL3 sent his cv in. We'd be top of the league now if he got the job.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:10 pm

Yup he does talk absolute shite

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:48 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:Yup he does talk absolute shite
aye - but then most of us do, to be fair! :wink:

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:27 pm

Yeah i know you do