The Tykes Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: The Tykes Thread

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:26 pm

So to sum up. It was a poor game,we shoulda won with the first half chances,Ngog shouldnt play on the wing and Freedman will have more than this season to get us up. (I'm basing that on the fact we didnt give him a 6 month contract and we arent chelsea)
So Getting back to more interesting questions I wonder what 11 those who managed to see the barnsley game would hope to see start at brighton. I have a suspicion Pratley may be back in for this one.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:27 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:So to sum up. It was a poor game,we shoulda won with the first half chances,Ngog shouldnt play on the wing and Freedman will have more than this season to get us up. (I'm basing that on the fact we didnt give him a 6 month contract and we arent chelsea)
So Getting back to more interesting questions I wonder what 11 those who managed to see the barnsley game would hope to see start at brighton. I have a suspicion Pratley may be back in for this one.
a new mystery midfielder...

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:27 pm

my prediction about Barnsley winning the league is living true after they got a draw away to pre season title favourites :wink:
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:34 pm

thebish wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote:So to sum up. It was a poor game,we shoulda won with the first half chances,Ngog shouldnt play on the wing and Freedman will have more than this season to get us up. (I'm basing that on the fact we didnt give him a 6 month contract and we arent chelsea)
How exciting,Beckham perhaps ? Gets the odd goal decent dead ball delivery......
Freedman clearly doesnt rate our current lidfield stock, shame given there are already plenty. Would love to see a prem reserve striker come in (Oh hang on we already have one dont we)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:54 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
thebish wrote:
How exciting,Beckham perhaps ? Gets the odd goal decent dead ball delivery......
Freedman clearly doesnt rate our current lidfield stock, shame given there are already plenty. Would love to see a prem reserve striker come in (Oh hang on we already have one dont we)
we already have three prem strikers... KD, Ngog and Sordell have all striked in the prem, have they not??

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:04 pm

thebish wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
thebish wrote:
we already have three prem strikers... KD, Ngog and Sordell have all striked in the prem, have they not??
Sordell seems to have been on strike full stop.
We've lacked balance in midfield for a long time primarily because most of the players we have only seem to do part of the job and in some cases the part they can do they cant do very well

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:09 pm

so - IF Doogie is after a midfielder - what kind of midfielder should it be???

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:12 pm

thebish wrote:so - IF Doogie is after a midfielder - what kind of midfielder should it be???
A defensive one
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Sordell may have striked in the prem, though intruth, he never struck! :(

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:17 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
thebish wrote:so - IF Doogie is after a midfielder - what kind of midfielder should it be???
A defensive one
a beast??

I bet - when he arrives - we'll never have heard of him (except maybe BWFCi will have seen him play a few times..)

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:24 pm

I suspect he'd be looking for a hard worker with an eye for goal. Someone like Pratley but with more self belief and bottle.Alternatively as Plymouth suggests it could be a holding partner for Spearing if he doesnt feel Andrews is good enough. Then again having played Ngog on the right the other day he may have decided on current form thats the area to strengthen.
He's trying to create a formation to keep the team tight but to do that and win games you need someone who can do something a bit special reasonably often. This season only eagles has been doing that and if he's pushed out wide he seems to have less impact.I'd still like to see him in behind the striker but perhaps Freedman believes the player in that position needs to do more defensively than eagles seems able to do.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:47 pm

thebish wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
A defensive one
a beast??

I bet - when he arrives - we'll never have heard of him (except maybe BWFCi will have seen him play a few times..)
In keeping with our recent managerial appointment then :-) (well I'd heard of him as a player)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:51 pm

Still maintain that we need a massive black guy in midfield. Cisse wasn't big enough...
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:07 pm

True that..You cant play witgout a big black dude who runs around booting people. Said at the time we should of gone for the chap blackburn signed.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:53 am

officer_dibble wrote:True that..You cant play witgout a big black dude who runs around booting people.Said at the time we should of gone for the chap blackburn signed.
Danny Murphy? :conf:
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:57 am

Wandering Willy wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:True that..You cant play witgout a big black dude who runs around booting people.Said at the time we should of gone for the chap blackburn signed.
Danny Murphy? :conf:
No. He means Eddie.....

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:27 am

Dick, son.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:58 am

Take your requests elsewhere.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:44 am

thebish wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
A defensive one
a beast??

Just ask Alan Nixon, he'll tell you who we're buying next summer. Now.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.