The Blackburn thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: The Blackburn thread.

Post by Enoch » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:37 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Any week we play two games in will probably see rotation. Yes, we need a settled team but bookings, injuries and sheer physical exhaustion can easily change that. A squad that's flexible and plays the same whoever's in or out is what we need.
Agree wholeheartedly.

Not something that's achieved overnight, nor without some pain.

The mood is quite different here than it was on Saturday evening and we've only had ninety minutes of football.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:40 am

Enoch wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Any week we play two games in will probably see rotation. Yes, we need a settled team but bookings, injuries and sheer physical exhaustion can easily change that. A squad that's flexible and plays the same whoever's in or out is what we need.
Agree wholeheartedly.

The mood is quite different here than it was on Saturday evening and we've only had ninety minutes of football.
It's like that though. post sheff wed there were folk thinking coyle was the man 90 mins later he was a leper. Think we're heading in the right diretion this time. :D

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:53 am

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:Great result.Been out at a charity quiz. Did eagles get to play in the hole? maybe the ;line up at brighton nlow makes a bit of sense. Resting his best 11 and nicking a result. 4 points away from home from rteams well above us in the table (when coyle was in charge) Come on BLT youre awful quiet tonight. Figured you'd be along to say how great this is given what a big wanderers fan you are.
Suppose we're not allowed to use the word tawt?
Nope Eagles played on the left tonight, Butterfield just behind Kev and have to say the two of them linked up very, very well. Kev seemed to win at least 90% of the long balls played up to him and would quite often knock the ball simple down to Butterfield leaving him the option of dribbling through the middle or, if that route was too congested, just spraying it simply either side to either Lee or Eagles. Its something I definitely wish Mark Davies would do a little more rather than just running down blind alleys. When it works it looks brilliant (Wednesday away/Liverpool at home come to mind) but more often than not he just loses us possession.

The two of them also harried the opposition well when without possession and Lee once again showed glimpses of his old self, slowly but surely. Eagles had a slow start but grew into the game towards the end of the first half and with his eye for goal is always going to be a threat. Central Mid/Defence/Keeper all looked comfortable and handled Blackburns forwards with ease, was gutted for them not to get a clean sheet in end!!

Final thoughts are that we finally have a balanced, organised team capable of pushing into the top half of this league and hopefully further. My only fear is Warnock heads back end of December, Butterfield is soon back at Norwich and even Spearing (who really runs that midfield) is only ours for the year. Id love nothing more to make all three of them permanent fixtures in the side but alas finances may dictate otherwise!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:44 am

feckin great win over the 6 fingered wa*kers

this would be a great one for the twspy to come out of retirement

midnitefooty
Promising
Promising

Post by midnitefooty » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:57 am

The only way I have left to follow the games are the matchday threads. Sometimes I think it's better than watching the game. :wink:

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:13 am

General Mannerheim wrote:not missed many Blackburn away fixtures over the years. I dont feel in the slightest bit gutted to be missing tonight.

Still feel the same? Sounds like it was a decent evening, with the fans in top voice.

By all accounts Butterfield was top drawer last night, which suggests Dougie has a decent eye for a player. Would be nice to keep him a while longer.

m_taylor
Promising
Promising

Post by m_taylor » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:19 am

Report from SkySports:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live ... 287/report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:26 am

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Agree wholeheartedly.

It's like that though. post sheff wed there were folk thinking coyle was the man 90 mins later he was a leper. Think we're heading in the right diretion this time. :D
Hmmm...I'm thinking most of them have velcro fastenings on their boots
Sto ut Serviam

Toni_DelijeSever
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Toni_DelijeSever » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:17 am

Highlights or goals anywhere?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaVIQoyFue0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:19 am

Who played with Knight in central defence - Warnock or Ricketts? and did it look better than Knight and Mills?

Toni_DelijeSever
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Toni_DelijeSever » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:20 am

Found it:

http://eurorivals.net/blackburn-rovers~ ... 29-11-2012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaVIQoyFue0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:35 am

Toni_DelijeSever wrote:Found it:

http://eurorivals.net/blackburn-rovers~ ... 29-11-2012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What was Boggers doing for their goal?!

Toni_DelijeSever
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Toni_DelijeSever » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:40 am

I was asking myself the same question. I saw a photo on our fb page:

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 4861_n.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:49 am

ok - I've been to sleep and woken up again... pinched myself...

and - it's actually true... we won! :D

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:57 am

thebish wrote:ok - I've been to sleep and woken up again... pinched myself...

good now get spying

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:00 am

jaffka wrote:
thebish wrote:ok - I've been to sleep and woken up again... pinched myself...

good now get spying
I will speak to the spy when I next see him/her... s/he packed up the equipment many years ago now as I Understand it - but maybe an advent special is in order....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:12 am

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 am

Sponge wrote:

Surely the more pressing question is where the central defenders went??? Bogdan was pretty much left in no mans land and that was one hell of a cross!!

To answer a previous question as well it was Knight/Ricketts as the CB's although Mills also joined them late on.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:40 am

wanderers_on_tour wrote:
Sponge wrote:

Surely the more pressing question is where the central defenders went??? Bogdan was pretty much left in no mans land and that was one hell of a cross!!

To answer a previous question as well it was Knight/Ricketts as the CB's although Mills also joined them late on.
How did that look. Thought they were excellent as a pair last time. The fact Ricketts has a bit of pace seemed to allow Knight to take more responsibility for attacking the ball. Always struck me as our most adaptable pairing and they each have a prefenece for opposite sides so it does fit.Does mean Mears or Riley at right back of course

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:40 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:I really hope we don't change too much on Saturday.
Let's hope he's learned his lesson from the Barnsley feck up. Saturday is a must win game. No excuses. We need to start moving in the right direction.