The Blackburn thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: The Blackburn thread.

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:49 am

BL3 wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:I really hope we don't change too much on Saturday.
Let's hope he's learned his lesson from the Barnsley feck up. Saturday is a must win game. No excuses. We need to start moving in the right direction.
It's certainly a game we should be looking to win if we're going to get anywhere near the playoffs. 2 wins and 4 draws against teams mostly from higher up the table does feel like we have started to move in the right direction to me.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:50 am

BL3 wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:I really hope we don't change too much on Saturday.
Let's hope he's learned his lesson from the Barnsley feck up. Saturday is a must win game. No excuses. We need to start moving in the right direction.
He's doing better than your hero though, who you repeatedly said should stay on as manager.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:52 am

Players still not good enough then, numb nuts?

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:59 am

Jesus! If my arms were long enough I'd bang your heads together! Are the players good enough? Like most things it's almost certainly some yes and some no. Butterfield sounds like he made a big difference last night. Who is good enough will only become clear after a decent period of time playing with organization and at full fitness adn confidence.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:08 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
wanderers_on_tour wrote:
Sponge wrote:
Toni_DelijeSever wrote:Found it:

http://eurorivals.net/blackburn-rovers~ ... 29-11-2012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What was Boggers doing for their goal?!
Surely the more pressing question is where the central defenders went??? Bogdan was pretty much left in no mans land and that was one hell of a cross!!

To answer a previous question as well it was Knight/Ricketts as the CB's although Mills also joined them late on.
How did that look. Thought they were excellent as a pair last time. The fact Ricketts has a bit of pace seemed to allow Knight to take more responsibility for attacking the ball. Always struck me as our most adaptable pairing and they each have a prefenece for opposite sides so it does fit.Does mean Mears or Riley at right back of course
Spot on their mate, it was the first time i've not had to worry about a centre back pairing since Cahill and Wheater ran the back four. Zat Knight has really stepped up as a leader this year, heck he even looked comfortable with the ball yesterday and didn't try to force too much. Ricketts on the other is hand is just a very good (if not quite great) footballer and pretty much Mr Consistent.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:12 pm

Tell me W-o-T* was Butterfield as good as the radio made out (man of the match sort of material was my impression)?

*EDITED to say - or anybody else who was there
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Eagles was outstanding - as was Buttercup (who's far better than M Davies).

Great noise from the away end - Jackburn were god-awful, poor team, poor manager and a woeful 13k home fans for a local derby. It's as if Uncle Jack never existed - oooooh Venky's we love you :lol:
Troll and proud of it.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:47 pm

Boggers - caught many a cross well. Did well all night until ending up in no-mans land for Rhodes goal. Defence didn't help there though.

Mears - steady last night. Showed good pace & didn't dive in many a time. Won some very good headers in the 2nd half too. Best game in a white (black & blue) shirt.
Knight - outstanding. Happy to play it along floor and not having a CB next to him who's scared of the ball, helped. Very very good game.
Ricketts - love the guy. Steady again. He is easily at his best at CB. Only mark against is the goal. Caught ball watching I think. Delighted with his partnership with knight & Warnock.
Warnock - brilliant IMO. Offered a lot going forward in first half and was often found escaping up the left in the second when we needed an out ball. Best game for us. We MUST sign him on a perm deal.

Spearing - bulldog like and brilliant. Broke up so much and just played simple & effective.
Andrews - so many question his worth. I rate the guy highly. Breaks things up and ALWAYS finds a teammate. The stead influence along with Spearing that allowed the 3 in front do so much.

Lee - a real nuisance for 60 mins. Probably the most involved since his injury. Formed a good partnership with Mears I felt too.
Butterfield - sharp and damn effective. What a very good footballer he is. The sort of player we miss work no Holden. Loves to quicken the pace and can spot a pass. Great vision and set Eagles away so often. Would be delighted of we extended his deal.
Eagles - MOM. Simple. Tore them to shreds in the first half & clearly targeted their young RB. Seems to enjoy having Warnock behind him too - a footballing LB. brilliant night for Eagles. Effectively set both goals up. Brilliant. Workrate great again too.

Davies - won everything worth winning. Really worked well with Butterfield IMO and knocked most down to him. Took his goal well. Worked so hard & it was clear to see his delight with our performance. No argument against his selection over N'Gog for last night.

Not one bad performance.
Eagles MOM closely followed by Warnock, Butterfield, KD & Knight for me.

Good night to be a Wanderer. Proud to be with so many in that end too. Great support!

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:49 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Tell me W-o-T* was Butterfield as good as the radio made out (man of the match sort of material was my impression)?

*EDITED to say - or anybody else who was there
Aye, looked a class act to me. Whilst he has some good support behind him in Spearing and Andrews to keep the ball moving along it was really up to him to dictate how and where we attacked Blackburns back line, handled it with ease! Less wasteful than Mavies may have been and really hope the 1 month deal is a sort of 'try before you buy'.

Hard to say if he'd been MOM candidate as he's flash than say Eagles was and less notably imposing on the game as Kevin Davies may have been. Think all the Bolton fans definitely appreciated him though and got a great ovation when he was subbed off.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:53 pm

BL3 wrote:Players still not good enough then, numb nuts?
I don't know. How are you going to explain Coyle's shocking performance then?

Players not good enough? Bad luck? Or are you once again going to fail to answer the question?

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:13 pm

I've already answered it once. You even quoted part of the reply in one of your regular bombardments of the site.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:18 pm

wanderers_on_tour wrote: Nope Eagles played on the left tonight, Butterfield just behind Kev and have to say the two of them linked up very, very well. Kev seemed to win at least 90% of the long balls played up to him and would quite often knock the ball simple down to Butterfield leaving him the option of dribbling through the middle or, if that route was too congested, just spraying it simply either side to either Lee or Eagles. Its something I definitely wish Mark Davies would do a little more rather than just running down blind alleys. When it works it looks brilliant (Wednesday away/Liverpool at home come to mind) but more often than not he just loses us possession.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall Mavies (ever?) playing behind a lone striker with two holding midfielders. I think we'd see him at his best if we did. Butterfield or Mavies, I'm glad Dougie took this approach because the superiority of that system has been blindingly obvious all season.
Last edited by 50sQuiff on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:20 pm

BL3 wrote:I've already answered it once. You even quoted part of the reply in one of your regular bombardments of the site.
Nope, you haven't answered why Coyle took less points per game than Dougie is, yet you wanted Coyle to remain in charge.......

I think its perfectly reasonable to ask, why if the squad is perfectly good and Coyle was bumbling around at 1ppg at the wrong end of the division, you thought (as you very often stated) he was doing a good job, and why when we have an improvement in results under Dougie, you seem to be telling everyone he's not very good?

I think its an absolutely fair question.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:28 pm

BL3 wrote:I've already answered it once. You even quoted part of the reply in one of your regular bombardments of the site.
:lol:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:30 pm

When will folk learn to record video in landscape form?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:09 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
When will folk learn to record video in landscape form?
A good question though it doesn't matter since Tony gave us a good view of that goal. SKD seem to fool them and we only got the tail end of that is the video.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:28 pm

Great game last night and a well deserved victory. Best I've seen us play this season. Eagles was a real threat and even Davo looked good! CYL showed some bottle too. Just lock that "stropped down the tunnel" thread. They didn't threaten until their goal. Now we've got to back it up with three points against Ipswich.

Things are clicking into place nicely, the team are getting to know the system and we looked better going forward than the Cardiff and Leicester games. We do make it tough though, it seems like its Dougie's plan to sit a little deep and let them play in front of us. But when the opposition have a long spell like that you get a little nervous. Its clearly evident that we're better organised under Dougie so I trust him and so do the players it seems.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:18 pm

It's all starting to look as if the upturn is happening. We will still have the odd poor game but I'm now quite confident that we will be challenging for promotion before April.

Mr Freedman does appear to have the nous - helped no doubt by Lennie - to be following what he set out upon arrival, i.e. evaluate the squad and take the necessary action, give everyone a chance, tighten the defence and get up to the play-off positions by the end of the season.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:14 pm

I think Freeman took a big step yesterday to winning over the fans, delighted at how much we dominated the game, delighted iwent, great atmoshere (from are fans) and all. will 2 points per a game for the rest of the season win us the league?
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:41 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:will 2 points per a game for the rest of the season win us the league?
No, but it would probably mean the play offs