Peterborough away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Peterborough away

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:48 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Well we should have won that: they are bottom of the feckin league for a reason, and I really don't give a monkey's that they beat the top team last week either.
If we are to put a run together they were the easy bit, the fecking tomatoes in the BLT we should've been devouring, Wednesday are the lettuce and Charlton were the bacon. And we choked on tomato pips???? This manager is shite - he's as bad as Coyle was.
Oh dear.

The lack of patience is shocking. It's clear now that football fans on the whole are just like spoiled toddlers.

Putting me off the whole fecking thing.
What the feck has patience to do with the wrong manager being appointed. Maybe you could point out anywhere where I was happy that jolly Dougie the miracle worker of Crystal Palace was top of my fxcking charts, ever.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Well we should have won that: they are bottom of the feckin league for a reason, and I really don't give a monkey's that they beat the top team last week either.
If we are to put a run together they were the easy bit, the fecking tomatoes in the BLT we should've been devouring, Wednesday are the lettuce and Charlton were the bacon. And we choked on tomato pips???? This manager is shite - he's as bad as Coyle was.
Oh dear.

The lack of patience is shocking. It's clear now that football fans on the whole are just like spoiled toddlers.

What the feck has patience to do with the wrong manager being appointed. Maybe you could point out anywhere where I was happy that jolly Dougie the miracle worker of Crystal Palace was top of my fxcking charts, ever.
You have no idea whether he is the right or wrong manager.

Nobody does yet.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Oh dear.

Nobody does yet.
I know this, I would not have appointed Leo Sayer or Carol Thatcher or (you get the picture)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Oh dear.

Nobody does yet.

^^
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Oh dear.

Nobody does yet.
I do.
Hope is what keeps us going.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:01 pm

Always hopeful wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Oh dear.

Nobody does yet.
I do.
:lol: Shockingly esoteric answer. Nice one.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:10 pm

:lol: :|

Yeah good one :roll:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:11 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Oh dear.

Nobody does yet.
I know this, I would not have appointed Leo Sayer or Carol Thatcher or (you get the picture)
Maybe not but you will carry on making irrelevant statements it seems.....

We have a manager who had Palace top of the league having spent the same on that entire team as we did on fecking Marcos Alonso.

He wasn't my first choice but then that's totally irrelevant. Seeing as neither you nor I have spoken to any of these managers discussed their ideas or visions we are just playing at 'I reckons'.

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:25 pm

I see both sides to the argument.

He hasnt been given enough time yet.

He should never have got the job in the first place.

I agree with both.
In my opinion (yes I am entitled to one) he is not, and never was or will be the right manager for a "Premier League" club.
But.............
We never will be a "Premier League" club again (unless someone else takes over the club and throws unlimited amounts of money at it).
We have to resign ourselves to the fact that our time in the Prem has been and gone, and that we just have to become he best Lower division club we can. (Negative thinking I hear you say but that is what I feel the future holds)
With that in mind we have to give him enough time to steady the club and hope that some bored Billionaire takes a shine to us.
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:29 pm

That was a bit of a trek. From the rain, the rumours the game was on....off...on, the coach driver taking wrong turns....to the 9 goal thriller.

We looked dead on our feet first half. Livened up in the second, but the damage had already been done.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:43 pm

i take some comfort from that result knowing that somewhere in some parallel universe coyle's bolton lost 16-1 .

mrpiccollo
Promising
Promising

Post by mrpiccollo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:46 pm

we need a

keeper and a spare centre back

also a striker who actually scores regularly would make a huge difference

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:48 pm

a1 wrote:i take some comfort from that result knowing that somewhere in some parallel universe coyle's bolton lost 16-1 .
Or won 16 - 1 and was at the beginning of taking Scotland to the World Cup Finals.

How many fans think Coyle should still be in charge? Roughly? Give or take??

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:50 pm

Right, I'm going to stick my head above the parapet and defend the team, albeit that I acknowledge they are somewhat Jekyll & Hyde.

The conditions today were atrocious: we were given tickets at the turnstile "in case it's abandoned before half time". So, it was always going to be a bit of a lottery as to which side made the most/least mistakes and poor Zat made the first when the ball skidded off a pool of water and ran to their (unmarked) lad who scored his easiest goal of the season. Our "failing" was to try to play football on the deck for the first half when they'd already sussed - perhaps because it was their pitch - that kick and run was the best tactic in those conditions. When we adopted an "knock it over the top" approach after half time, we created many more chances. And let's not forget, in the second half, their 'keeper made a couple of outstanding saves, we hit the bar and the ref missed one, if not two, handballs in their area. But, as a nine goal scoreline suggests, today was not a day for football purists and it was no game on which to make judgements about the long term ability of the team or management.

A bit rose-tinty, I accept, but I am determined to keep the faith for a while longer this season.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:12 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:Right, I'm going to stick my head above the parapet and defend the team, albeit that I acknowledge they are somewhat Jekyll & Hyde.

The conditions today were atrocious: we were given tickets at the turnstile "in case it's abandoned before half time". So, it was always going to be a bit of a lottery as to which side made the most/least mistakes and poor Zat made the first when the ball skidded off a pool of water and ran to their (unmarked) lad who scored his easiest goal of the season. Our "failing" was to try to play football on the deck for the first half when they'd already sussed - perhaps because it was their pitch - that kick and run was the best tactic in those conditions. When we adopted an "knock it over the top" approach after half time, we created many more chances. And let's not forget, in the second half, their 'keeper made a couple of outstanding saves, we hit the bar and the ref missed one, if not two, handballs in their area. But, as a nine goal scoreline suggests, today was not a day for football purists and it was no game on which to make judgements about the long term ability of the team or management.

A bit rose-tinty, I accept, but I am determined to keep the faith for a while longer this season.
Sounds fair enough. But like the game at the Reebok against Zenit St Petersberg. Theyd have probably mullered us had the conditions been conducive to their passing game. As it was our more 'robust' football won the day.

Not that I'm saying we'd have mullered Peterbrough under any circumstances.

Today was a big blow lets make no bones about it. In isolation it would be seen as a freak. The trouble is that it re-enforces our lack of consistency lack of perceived 'mental toughness' or whatever in the squad and leaves people feeling miserable.

I'm not sure what needs to happen but I'm more and more certain that until we can replace a decent number of these players that nowt at all will get better over a long period.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:15 pm

davroduk wrote:I see both sides to the argument.

He hasnt been given enough time yet.

He should never have got the job in the first place.

I agree with both.
In my opinion (yes I am entitled to one) he is not, and never was or will be the right manager for a "Premier League" club.
But.............
We never will be a "Premier League" club again (unless someone else takes over the club and throws unlimited amounts of money at it).
We have to resign ourselves to the fact that our time in the Prem has been and gone, and that we just have to become he best Lower division club we can. (Negative thinking I hear you say but that is what I feel the future holds)
With that in mind we have to give him enough time to steady the club and hope that some bored Billionaire takes a shine to us.
I'm sorry to go off on one mate (and maybe my state of mind hasn't been helped by working in retail on the busiest shopping day of the year) but what a load of b*llocks!

Out of the last say, 18 teams to be promoted from the championship to the premier league, how many of those have been actively funded by certain billionaires back to the premier league? How many of these have thrown 'unlimited amounts of money' in the quest for promotion? Lets say QPR from 2 years back and West Ham last year just about qualify but who else?

Again, not including QPR 2 seasons back, Newcastle United bounced straight back to the premier league with 3 permanent signings amounting to £2.75 million, Reading last year only made 4 signings last year for 'undisclosed fee's' (compared to 5 players brought in on frees and 4 on loan), Wolverhampton made disclosed signings of just over £6 million and West Brom in 2007/2008 had a total transfer expenditure of around 2 million less then the income made from sales during the same period. Each team qualified as champions and all did so with >10 million spent on transfers. Promotion can be done, and usually is, without the divine intervention of some 'bored billionaire'. Not to mention the teams who have come second and third in recent years (Blackpool and Burnley ffs!)

Come to think of it how many teams in the top flight are actually owned by billionaires willing to throw unlimited amounts of money in the transfer window? Man City, Chelsea, United on occasion? Its such a quick and easy statement to say you need money to be successful but time and time again its proven to be false (see Stoke, Swansea, Everton etc.) Maybe we won't see the light of the premier league for some years, I like to hope we will, but either way it won't come down solely to splashing the cash about. It will come down to a good and solid structure that this manager, and any subsequent, can put in place and the proper utilisation of existing assets such as the academy. Assets with fellow promotion challengers, such as Crystal Palace, are currently reaping the rewards of, and something helped in motion under the previous regime of our current boss.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: He's still doing considerably better than the last wanker. Even with the shithouses no, I mean fantastic squad that could storm this league with a half-decent manager no, shithouses, no I mean fantastic squad that could storm this league with a half-decent manager no, shithouses, no I mean fantastic squad that could storm this league with a half-decent manager no, shithouses, no I mean fantastic squad that could storm this league with a half-decent manager no, shithouses, no I mean fantastic squad that could storm this league with a half-decent manager no, shithouses, no I mean fantastic squad that could storm this league with a half-decent manager oh feck.....

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:09 am

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: He's still doing considerably better than the last wanker. Even with the shithouses no, I mean fantastic squad that could storm this league with a half-decent manager no, shithouses, no I mean fantastic squad that could storm this league with a half-decent manager no, shithouses, no I mean fantastic squad that could storm this league with a half-decent manager no, shithouses, no I mean fantastic squad that could storm this league with a half-decent manager no, shithouses, no I mean fantastic squad that could storm this league with a half-decent manager no, shithouses, no I mean fantastic squad that could storm this league with a half-decent manager oh feck.....
bullshit and lies always catches up with you...

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:32 am

Question to anyone at the game, even though the game was horrific, how was Sordell ? Did he look interested ?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:54 am

Relentless09 wrote:Question to anyone at the game, even though the game was horrific, how was Sordell ? Did he look interested ?
Just check how many tweets he made :wink: