SKD on Goals on Sunday.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

SKD on Goals on Sunday.

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:39 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11673/8464967" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SKD on goals on Sunday. Feb 3rd.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: SKD on Goals on Sunday.

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:14 pm

He is on it so often. will watch it just to see how he talks about our current situation (oh and Kammy of course)
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:53 pm

Stump stump stunp stump stump
sack the stump

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:51 am

Do statues talk?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:49 pm

A bloke who's played 400 games for us, captained the side, won an England cap and been a part of the most successful Bolton side in most of our lifetimes. Whatever you think of his current form, I thought at the very least he'd get respect from every Bolton fan on here.

Honestly, there's some to55ers on here at times :whack:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:36 pm

He gets my respect from what he's done in the past. Now, I think he looks after himself to the detriment of the team. And he knows it.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:23 pm

boltonboris wrote:He gets my respect from what he's done in the past. Now, I think he looks after himself to the detriment of the team. And he knows it.
I personally don't see how he's "looking after himself"

He could of left the sinking ship last season and would be playing in the prem still under Martin O Neil, i think we're lucky to have a player as dedicated as him at the club.

Hes achieved an awful lot over the years and achieved it wearing a wanderers shirt, granted, he's had his best years but definitely still contributes to the team

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:13 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:A bloke who's played 400 games for us, captained the side, won an England cap and been a part of the most successful Bolton side in most of our lifetimes. Whatever you think of his current form, I thought at the very least he'd get respect from every Bolton fan on here.

cannot agree more, the guy is a club legend and doesnt deserve abuse for not being as good at 35 years old

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:41 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:A bloke who's played 400 games for us, captained the side, won an England cap and been a part of the most successful Bolton side in most of our lifetimes. Whatever you think of his current form, I thought at the very least he'd get respect from every Bolton fan on here.

SKD = BWFC Legend.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:55 pm

Jez wrote:

cannot agree more, the guy is a club legend and doesnt deserve abuse for not being as good at 35 years old
I agree, but he was piss poor at 31 as well. For those that don't agree with that, you're kidding yourselves. The only time KD has been consistently good was under Sam Allardyce and had Diouf and Anelka at the side of him.

He was dog shit under Megson and Coyle for about 90% of their time here. Regardless, he's put his career into the club and he obviously cares for the club so I fall short of slagging him off but it is quite tempting with the state we're in.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:58 pm

He was consistently good in his first spell at Southampton.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:59 pm

Gail Platz wrote:
Jez wrote:

I agree, but he was piss poor at 31 as well. For those that don't agree with that, you're kidding yourselves. The only time KD has been consistently good was under Sam Allardyce and had Diouf and Anelka at the side of him.

He was dog shit under Megson and Coyle for about 90% of their time here. Regardless, he's put his career into the club and he obviously cares for the club so I fall short of slagging him off but it is quite tempting with the state we're in.

Really? Wow. I'd hate for him to get on the bad side of you.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:01 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Gail Platz wrote:
Jez wrote:

Really? Wow. I'd hate for him to get on the bad side of you.
I'm talking about personal insults.

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:27 pm

It was quite a distressing interview to watch, He almost didn't know what to say at times and looked very uncomfortable when pressed about relegation.

He will always be a great player for Bolton. But his time was up about 2 seasons ago in my eyes, We have relied too heavily on him for far too long.
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:57 pm

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:38 pm

One of the many things we lost over the last few years is that unrelenting desire to win everything, every tackle, every header, every single ball. If you played BWFC you knew you were in for a fight. SKD was the epitomy of that philosophy and that, more than anything, is why he will always be a BWFC legend.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:10 pm

Cracking player in his time

great bloke

great on field attitude

hoping he can be successfull with his coaching here

but lets get this right...he's been consistently in the team in what must be our wost run of form over a 3 year period for many years. He captained us to our most emberrasing defeat in our history and has captained a slide which could well ser us in league one. All while picking up a kings ransom in wage. Nat Lofthouse he aint.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:21 pm

He doesn't pick himself does he? What do folk expect? "Nah, I'm sorry gaffer, I'm not playing, I'm shit now. The team would be much better off with David N'Gog starting".
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:50 pm

Just seen the bit where he talks about our performances, you can tell he is really upset about what's happened and cares about the club.

The man is a legend.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Prufrock wrote:He doesn't pick himself does he? What do folk expect? "Nah, I'm sorry gaffer, I'm not playing, I'm shit now. The team would be much better off with David N'Gog starting".

Exactly. Blame the lazy soft-arses who are consistently failing to knock him out of the team. He's in decline but still does a job. If the younger more talented players in the squad had his attitude we'd still be in the Prem.

PS Like the Frank turner quote, great song.