What would the world be like if.....

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

What would the world be like if.....

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:27 am

You know when you see a filum or read a book that takes the novel approach of Hitler winning WWII as its start point?

Well what would the world be like if Tim Ream had burried that last gasp header at Stoke last May?
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Re: What would the world be like if.....

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:29 am

coffeymagic wrote:You know when you see a filum or read a book that takes the novel approach of Hitler winning WWII as its start point?

Well what would the world be like if Tim Ream had burried that last gasp header at Stoke last May?
QPR-shaped.
8)

david lee's bald patch
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by david lee's bald patch » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:30 am

Don't think we'd have faired much better than last season to be honest. Don't see much in this squad (which Coyles did say was the one he would have wanted if we'd stayed up - although that could be bluff & bluster) to suggest we'd be ripping up trees. The soft underbelly would still be there!

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:37 am

Fighting relegation more than likely and Coyle probably would have been given longer in charge as he'd have rescued us.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:40 am

Absolute whipping boys. Heading for a new record for least points at the end of the season.
May the bridges I burn light your way

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:48 am

I think we would have been OK but still bottom end. We have showed against Sunderland & Everton that we cope better with what we know. We are struggling in this league because you don't get time on the ball like you do in the prem. Every team down here are hungry and in your face from start to finish.

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:50 am

There seems to have been a step up in the premier league this year, one which we couldn't have made

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:52 am

Considering we started the season with apparently the squad looking like it would have anyway, you'd suspect we'd be where QPR are.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:55 am

No one going for Taliban rule or Alien invasion?
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:50 am

I still maintain that we would have gone down if we'd won against Stoke.

QPR conceded both those goals AFTER our game ended, iirc. The news of our victory probably would have come in just after they conceded the first one.

I believe they were celebrating on the touchline by the time City got their 3rd. They would have been all-hands-on-deck, 10 men in the penalty box (yes 10. Still irks me that they went ahead with 10 men against f*cking City) and I doubt they would have conceded the 3rd. A tricky timeline to pin down, but I absolutely believe this is the case.

Had we stayed up and City done their f*cking job properly I think we'd be fighting relegation, though not from the bottom of the table. The Prem is 'lesser' this year.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:24 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Absolute whipping boys. Heading for a new record for least points at the end of the season.
Could not agree more Bruce.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Absolute whipping boys. Heading for a new record for least points at the end of the season.
This......

wanderer10
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by wanderer10 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Yep I agree with the above, relegation was going to happen if not last season, then this, or next. Rather go down for a few seasons, build something up, then come back up and have a proper go. Not much fun fighting for dear life every season.
"In 1874 boys of Christchurch Sunday School along with their master Thomas Ogden established a football club which went under the name of the school. The club broke away in 1877 and became Bolton Wanderers Football Club"

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:20 pm

Zaha would be leading our charge for another season in Europe

or we'd be last, one of those

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:37 pm

wanderer10 wrote:Yep I agree with the above, relegation was going to happen if not last season, then this, or next. Rather go down for a few seasons, build something up, then come back up and have a proper go. Not much fun fighting for dear life every season.

Like this season ?
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:43 pm

If staying up had meant we still had dickhead, I'm pleased we went down

Its great to have a real manager
Sto ut Serviam

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:55 pm

Aye..Any world without coyle is better for bwfc

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:27 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:If staying up had meant we still had dickhead, I'm pleased we went down

Its great to have a real manager
And we've got one?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:56 am

proper

wanderer10
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by wanderer10 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:24 pm

Turkish Trotter wrote:
wanderer10 wrote:Yep I agree with the above, relegation was going to happen if not last season, then this, or next. Rather go down for a few seasons, build something up, then come back up and have a proper go. Not much fun fighting for dear life every season.

Like this season ?
Hardly fighting for dear life. If we were in this position in the premiership we would be seen as comfortable. 7 points above the relegation zone.
"In 1874 boys of Christchurch Sunday School along with their master Thomas Ogden established a football club which went under the name of the school. The club broke away in 1877 and became Bolton Wanderers Football Club"