Two-part interview with SKD

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Two-part interview with SKD

Post by Sponge » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:20 pm

http://www.lionofviennasuite.com/2013/2 ... -wanderers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.lionofviennasuite.com/2013/2 ... amo-booing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Including comments on booing and turning down an offer from Houston Dynamos last January.

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Re: Two-part interview with SKD

Post by gavlat2872 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:56 pm

If any of those SKD haters out there can still spout there shite after reading this, your opinion counts for feck all

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:02 pm

gavlat2872 wrote:If any of those SKD haters out there can still spout there shite after reading this, your opinion counts for feck all

which ones would those be? :conf:

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:10 pm

thebish wrote:
gavlat2872 wrote:If any of those SKD haters out there can still spout there shite after reading this, your opinion counts for feck all

Not going to name names, but there's a few comments i've noticed in my short time here aimed at SKD

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:14 pm

thebish wrote:

one with a willy :conf:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:15 pm

gavlat2872 wrote:
thebish wrote:

Not going to name names, but there's a few comments i've noticed in my short time here aimed at SKD
i think there are plenty of folk around who think that KD is past his best and shouldn't be the first name on the team sheet - but I don't think I've come across anyone on here who doesn't realise what a great player Kev has been through his years at Bolton. thinking he is past his best (which he is) is not the same as hating him. Surely loving KD doesn't mean we should want him in the side for ever??? surely there comes a time when you have to move on... I thought McGinlay was ace - but I don't want him up front now! :wink:

even willy doesn't hate KD - he just thinks he shouldn't be playing for us anymore!!

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:22 pm

thebish wrote:
gavlat2872 wrote:
thebish wrote:

i think there are plenty of folk around who think that KD is past his best and shouldn't be the first name on the team sheet - but I don't think I've come across anyone on here who doesn't realise what a great player Kev has been through his years at Bolton. thinking he is past his best (which he is) is not the same as hating him. Surely loving KD doesn't mean we should want him in the side for ever??? surely there comes a time when you have to move on... I thought McGinlay was ace - but I don't want him up front now! :wink:

even willy doesn't hate KD - he just thinks he shouldn't be playing for us anymore!!
i agree totally that hes past his best, but i still think he has something to offer the team.

I respect that people dont want to see him in the starting 11 but the way they come across and comments they leave are a bit harsh for someone that has spent the best part of their career at the club, something which is pretty rare in the modern game.

Also, your Mcginlay comment was spot on :wink:

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:34 pm

I have to agree that there won't be many out there who hate SKD, he's just past it unfortunately and doesn't offer the same as other forwards available.

Personally I think he deserves the status of Legend, but I know others would disagree with that.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:48 pm

He's a legend. A proper one though.

But he's no longer good at football. Doesn't mean I hate him.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:55 pm

He'd have been a great fit in Houston.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:02 pm

Will always associate him with our glory days rather than recent years, same with Jussi and Ricky G, i'm sure our club history will remember them that way too. Proud to have had them at the club.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:08 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:He'd have been a great fit in Houston.
And he still does fit in at Euxton, :wink: .
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:15 pm

I just want to remember SKD from 2 years ago not the one we're now accustomed to.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:01 am

I think in this day and age it's great to see a footballer who although not from this area truly loves the club and it's supporters. Respect were it's due, he's not as good as he once was but still think he has a lot to offer the club in general and would love to see him employed in some capacity when his playing days are done
Pfffft.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:30 am

I support BWFC.

It's better for BWFC that KD doesn't play anymore.

Nothing to do with hating him - he's not good enough anymore. I wish he was, but he's not.

It's not hard to work out.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:31 am

keveh wrote:I have to agree that there won't be many out there who hate SKD, he's just past it unfortunately and doesn't offer the same as other forwards available.

Personally I think he deserves the status of Legend, but I know others would disagree with that.
He does for all he's done for us really but just for one night in Munich, he was feckin' God in status. In my mind that was the best result ever in BWFC's history. I know some will cite others but Kevin was a part of that and will goe down in the folklore of this club for it.

leyther95
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by leyther95 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:46 am

Agree with all the comments posted. He was class and now hes not. Been a great servant to BWFC but for him its time to call it a day. He will be known as a BWFC legend!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:52 am

Personally, I think he can still have a part to play, just not for ninety minutes.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:58 am

I don't think anyone hates him.

I think a lot of the negatives said about him, are a reaction to some of the blinkered views of his latter performances which appear to be being watched through "legend" tinted spectacles.

I think it's sad when you watch a player decline away slowly from what they once were.

I think Davies clearly has a lot of affection for Bolton, and was a massive part of our success. And was THAT good that there was no way, that a Borgetti (for example) could get in the side ahead of him as KD was that critical to us and how we played. That SHOULD have been his legacy, those top flight years, cup final, and European campaign. He should have gone at the end of last season (or probably better the season before) a hero, rather than his time being tainted with what he is, or more accurately isn't now.

But I don't think anyone with any honesty can watch Kevin Davies now and say he offers us those qualities anymore. That battle and fight have gone along with the effort, determination, bullying of defenders and the legs, and everything else. He's more likely to take a dive now than battle with a defender.

He's a shadow.

It's not nice to watch.

Time for it to end.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:07 pm

Not sure if this is panegyric or obituary. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?