Tuesday night with Venkys

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Tuesday night with Venkys

Post by Jez » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:02 pm

So after three great results we've got a very big game on tuesday night. Going with three friends and hoping for a big atmosphere and a great derby

Considering we've won 4 of the last 5 against Blackburn 2-1, I'm going with a predictable 2-1 Bolton making our form a real assault at the play off places :pissed:

Predictions? Who should play? Any point in changing the current starting lineup?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Re: Tuesday night with Venkys

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:18 pm

I think the way the results have gone for us and them.......draw....

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:20 pm

A dire, dour game. 1-1 , boos all round
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:27 pm

Jez wrote:So after three great results we've got a very big game on tuesday night. Going with three friends and hoping for a big atmosphere and a great derby

Considering we've won 4 of the last 5 against Blackburn 2-1, I'm going with a predictable 2-1 Bolton making our form a real assault at the play off places :pissed:

Predictions? Who should play? Any point in changing the current starting lineup?
Same starting eleven as today, no need to change it. Do we know if Blacburn have sold out the away end?
3-1 (Dawson, Eagles Cravies and Rhodes for the Dingles)
I'll be in the Platinum Suite for this one supping Champers :oyea:
The Voice Of Reason

gizmothevoomer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gizmothevoomer » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:31 pm

Given current form we must be considered favourites, but this game is going to be a bigger mental test than a physical one for both teams. I am not sure we have the mental strength or belief we are the better team.

I have a bad feeling about this game, as it has the potential to define our season, as has every game we carry on this tremendous run of form. I am going go for a narrow defeat with Blackburn winning by the odd goal. But I lose ore at the bookies than I win.

If I was DF I would be going all out to grab an early goal to get the Reebok bouncing then hopefully our belief will grow, and Dingles fragile confidence will break and we can continue on the Rollercoaster.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:46 pm

The atmosphere for this one is gonna have to be something special, blackburn will be there in full voice and hopefully we'll see as much confidence in the stands as we have the team recently.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:47 pm

If Freedman doesn't win this to make it four on the bounce I'm getting the pitchfork and bedsheets out.
Businesswoman of the year.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:51 pm

They just shipped three in 20 minutes at home to Peterborough, who we know can't create a thing.

Another fast start please.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:59 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:If Freedman doesn't win this to make it four on the bounce I'm getting the pitchfork and bedsheets out.
:D

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:44 pm

gizmothevoomer wrote:If I was DF I would be going all out to grab an early goal to get the Reebok bouncing then hopefully our belief will grow, and Dingles fragile confidence will break and we can continue on the Rollercoaster.
Ding ding ding!
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:52 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:If Freedman doesn't win this to make it four on the bounce I'm getting the pitchfork and bedsheets out.
Shown your underwear there Crazy. You ARE BL3 & I claim my prize.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:02 pm

Blackburn are there to be beaten, I think. They're a team in decline after the initial positivity with the appointment of Appleton, so hopefully we start quick and go in with a lead at half time.

I'm not sure who is start up front. I think Sordell will be our most prolific striker at some point but it'd be unfair to break up the Davies/N'Gog partnership. I would also like Wheater back in the team ahead of Knight but, again, you'd be breaking up a successful partnership. The same goes for Holden and Medo, actually.

But yeah, I'm optimistic about this game. I'll go for us, 3-1.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:39 pm

9-0.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:01 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:Blackburn are there to be beaten, I think. They're a team in decline after the initial positivity with the appointment of Appleton, so hopefully we start quick and go in with a lead at half time.

I'm not sure who is start up front. I think Sordell will be our most prolific striker at some point but it'd be unfair to break up the Davies/N'Gog partnership. I would also like Wheater back in the team ahead of Knight but, again, you'd be breaking up a successful partnership. The same goes for Holden and Medo, actually.

He's a fecking nutter :crazy:
The Voice Of Reason

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:02 pm

Salford Trotter wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:Blackburn are there to be beaten, I think. They're a team in decline after the initial positivity with the appointment of Appleton, so hopefully we start quick and go in with a lead at half time.

He's a fecking nutter :crazy:
But he's our nutter....

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:06 pm

hi there, i'm chris wrote:9-0.
9-1

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:09 pm

SmokinFrazier[b] wrote:Blackburn are there to be beaten, I think.[/b] They're a team in decline after the initial positivity with the appointment of Appleton, so hopefully we start quick and go in with a lead at half time.
I'd prefer to just say they're there to be played. None of our last three games will indicate what will happen here. Defending a lead didn't work today but we were strong enough to fight back. Yes, I'm optimistic but it's one I'll be glad to see the back of. Here's hoping....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:13 pm

I wasn't there, but people keep saying we defended too deep with the lead.

We conceded like what a minute after half time then a few minutes later. Sounds more like a slow start than a symptom of sitting too deep all of a sudden. But I will defer to those who went.

Dougie attributed it to a change in Barnsleys system after half time that we took a while go get to grips with.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I wasn't there, but people keep saying we defended too deep with the lead.

We conceded like what a minute after half time then a few minutes later. Sounds more like a slow start than a symptom of sitting too deep all of a sudden. But I will defer to those who went.

Dougie attributed it to a change in Barnsleys system after half time that we took a while go get to grips with.
Not something I'd be saying publicly for other managers to read really. Keep em up the field a bit more and forget inviting them to come and score. As has been mentioned, it's something we do a bit too often.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:21 pm

:D