God Loves Ivan Campo.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: God Loves Ivan Campo.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:55 pm

Athers wrote:Love Campo but I'm not sure about giving him a position of responsibility at the club. A character like Djorkaeff though, definitely!
I might just dig out my "Who shot Campo"? T-shirt for tomorrow. Should look good on the radio. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:37 pm

I once bumped into Campo and Hierro on Cross St in Manchester and two more freindly blokes you could never wish to speak with regarding Wanderers. I was stood outside a Tesco Metro
Pfffft.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:00 pm

I saw Paddy McGuinness in Tesco. Not bothered about him but, by the bollocks, his missus was fit.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

BWFC90
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BWFC90 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:52 pm

I saw Per Frandsen in Morrison's car park in Harwood (Think it was Morrison's?)

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:12 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I once stood next to a bloke in the stalls in a night club. He looked at me and said, "Hi". I said "Hello there" he said, "Do you know who I am?" Before I could reply, he added, "I'm Alan Ball's dad, you know, Alan Ball, the footballer"
I said, Oh. Do you know who I am?"
He frowned, looked closely at me and said, "Nope, sorry, should I?.
I said, "Well, I live back to back with you and see you most days". He just nodded, and walked off looking a bit miffed. :wink:
Nice one Tango. :oyea:
Hope is what keeps us going.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:48 pm

Always hopeful wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:I once stood next to a bloke in the stalls in a night club. He looked at me and said, "Hi". I said "Hello there" he said, "Do you know who I am?" Before I could reply, he added, "I'm Alan Ball's dad, you know, Alan Ball, the footballer"
I said, Oh. Do you know who I am?"
He frowned, looked closely at me and said, "Nope, sorry, should I?.
I said, "Well, I live back to back with you and see you most days". He just nodded, and walked off looking a bit miffed. :wink:
Nice one Tango. :oyea:
He lived on the new estate in Farnworth at the end of our garden , next door away actually, but his attitude allowed me a few yards lenience. He's long moved now. I actually knew Alan Ball's cousin, Trevor, quite well at one time. Decent bloke. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:15 am

Andy Waller wrote:I saw Paddy McGuinness in Tesco. Not bothered about him but, by the bollocks, his missus was fit.
I use to live in Paddy's old house that he was renting whilst waiting for his new house to be built!

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:16 am

ChrisC wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:I saw Paddy McGuinness in Tesco. Not bothered about him but, by the bollocks, his missus was fit.
I use to live in Paddy's old house that he was renting whilst waiting for his new house to be built!
So did I apparently, that's what the neighbours said anyway! I think we may have met!

Stonehaven??

farnworth scum
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by farnworth scum » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:29 am

I saw Hierro in Tesco's shortly after we signed him, I nearly fainted at the sight of him, the missus just said get a grip!

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:06 am

89bwfc89 wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
So did I apparently, that's what the neighbours said anyway! I think we may have met!

Stonehaven??
Indeed 8) what a small world!

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:12 am

ChrisC wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

Stonehaven??
It really is, I think we moved in after you. You showed us round haha!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:16 am

89bwfc89 wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

Stonehaven??
Did you manage to get the skid marks off the bottom of the pan? :vomit:

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:24 am

89bwfc89 wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

Stonehaven??
Yep I remember you :) Is Paddy's mail still coming through :lol: that guy needs to learn how to redirect his mail :lol:

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:37 am

Haha we don't live there anymore, only lived there for a year. We thought the neighbours were havin us on.

Saw him in Tesco and wanted to tell him we lived there bit Mr 89 wouldn't let me hahaha

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:06 pm

I've seen Antony Cotton in Bury Tesco. Does that count? Also saw the guy that presents Granada Reports in there. They weren't together. :shock:

jonnybwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by jonnybwfc » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:07 pm

I used to live in Sven Goran Eriksson's old flat in central Manchester. The cleaning lady mentioned there'd always be several pairs of high heels at the front door - all different sizes. Made me chuckle.
Djorkaeff ... Djorkaeff must score ... he does ... HE DOES !!!

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:20 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:Haha we don't live there anymore, only lived there for a year. We thought the neighbours were havin us on.

Saw him in Tesco and wanted to tell him we lived there bit Mr 89 wouldn't let me hahaha
No they wasn't having you on :lol: he used to drink in three pigeons at the bottom of the estate. That's how I found out I was in his old house.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:00 pm

ChrisC wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:Haha we don't live there anymore, only lived there for a year. We thought the neighbours were havin us on.

No they wasn't having you on :lol: he used to drink in three pigeons at the bottom of the estate. That's how I found out I was in his old house.
I used to live on Renfrew and saw Paddy all the time!

Did you know Tal Ben Haim lived on the road facing Renfrew around the same time too? Really nice bloke.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:23 pm

hi there, i'm chris wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

I used to live on Renfrew and saw Paddy all the time!

Did you know Tal Ben Haim lived on the road facing Renfrew around the same time too? Really nice bloke.
I didn't 8) you learn something new everyday!

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:52 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:Also saw the guy that presents Granada Reports in there.
He once came in The Greyhound in Leigh for a meal with his family while I was supping in there. Nice bloke, his wife was pretty fit as well.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight