Away at Mick McCarthy's Super Ipswich Town

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Away at Mick McCarthy's Super Ipswich Town

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:53 pm

Sounds like we've played better 2nd half but on clear chances they've clearly edged it. We've rode our luck on this run, had to end sometime. Can we push on again after the intl break?
To be fair forest look better than us, they've been winning games with something to spare while we've been hanging on for dear life. We just don't create enough, couldn't see us winning at Hull right now.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:53 pm

ok - feck it - off out to watch the rugby... and to think - i worked up enough hope to even start looking at what forest et al were doing...

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:54 pm

ChrisC wrote:
si2008 wrote:bollocks ....typical wanderers

STFU!

The lads have been doing fantastic. The run was always going to end at some point.
Not today it shouldn't. The past 5 games are irrelevant, you have to take each game as it comes. We should have been looking at three points before this game because we have the better squad and are in the better form.

Things are still positive, yes, and we can still get into the play offs, but this is a game we should have won. As always though, we're far too negative and it cost us today.
Last edited by SmokinFrazier on Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gizmothevoomer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gizmothevoomer » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:55 pm

So we lost a game, it doesn't mean anything at this stage given what has happened to all the teams around us. The pressure is now on Leicester and Brighton to win and make this defeat hurt us. Eight games and twenty four points to play for are we capable of getting 18 points from them?

I belief we can and I belief we will be in with a chance of sixth with two games to play. Anyone who thinks todays loss means we are out of it knows nothing about sport.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:56 pm

What, one defeat and it's back to crushing pessimism? We're currently in a playoff mini-league with Leicester, Forest, Brighton, Leeds, Boro and ourselves. We need only finish 2nd. We're currently 4th. It's still on, with 4 home games and 4 away left. We've won one, drawn two and lost one of our last 4 away games. We've won the last 4 home games. Keep that form up, and there's no telling how high we'll be.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:56 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

STFU!

The lads have been doing fantastic. The run was always going to end at some point.
Not today it shouldn't. The past 5 games are irrelevant, you have to take each game as it comes. We should have been looking at three points before this game because we have the better squad and are in the better form.

Things are still positive, yes, and we can still get into the play offs, but this is a game we should have won. As always though, we're far too negative and it cost us today.
Didn't sound negative, but just that our attacking players didn't play so well! It happens.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:57 pm

Probably about time we were on the wrong end of a late scabby winner, we've rode our luck at times lately... Still all to play for mind ... Just have to win at Cardiff and Leicester no biggie... Never easy being a wanderer.. But never boring neither other than that decade in a division we were never gonna win and were always eventually gonna get dicked out of... ;-)
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:57 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

STFU!

Coyle in?

Being "negative" won our last five. There's nothing wrong with building from a solid base.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:57 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

STFU!

No it wasn't. The past 5 games are irrelevant, you have to take each game as it comes. We should have been looking at three points before this game because we have the better squad and are in the better form.

Bore off. Our "negative play" won us the last 5 so ill go along and back Dougie rather than listen to you pipe on the same shit every game.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:58 pm

ChrisC wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

STFU!

No it wasn't. The past 5 games are irrelevant, you have to take each game as it comes. We should have been looking at three points before this game because we have the better squad and are in the better form.

Bore off. Our "negative play" won us the last 5 so ill go along and back Dougie rather than listen to you pipe on the same shit every game.
+1

leopold
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by leopold » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:59 pm

I'm showing the forest game as a draw. anybody else?

leopold
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by leopold » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:00 pm

scratch that it's changed now

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:02 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

STFU!

Of course it was likely, we're one of the worst away teams in the league, always likely to lose one of the ipswich or charlton games. Could well win the other though.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:02 pm

#booooooooooo !

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

STFU!

Didn't sound negative, but just that our attacking players didn't play so well! It happens.
You mentioned a lack of goalscoring threat...what happened to Sordell to get so displaced? I know he went a bit off the boil, but he poses far more goal threat than Kevin Davies does. My starting 11 would be Craig Davies and N'Gog, with the first choice sub being Sordell, especially when you need a goal. I'm not anti-SKD either, but if you're trying to win a game from 0-0, Sordell is the better choice. As it happened, Kevin Davies came on too early and Sordell came on too late. Davies is better when you're defending a lead or playing alongside a goal scorer.

This season, Davies has 6 league goals in 34 appearances, whereas Sordell has 7 goals in 14 games. His movement is far superior and with him up front, we'd probably have created more.

Disappointing performance but more importantly, the result. We now need a win in our next game.

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:18 pm

i didn't realise how important Mavies was.

From listening to the game we were pretty poor in attack (that's only my interpretation) but when i look at the players, it blows my mind, chungy eagles and Ngog arent too shabby going forward. But hey ho, DF no doubt will work his magic during the week

COYWM!!!

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:27 pm

Can't wait for BL3's return

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:31 pm

gavlat2872 wrote:i didn't realise how important Mavies was.

From listening to the game we were pretty poor in attack (that's only my interpretation) but when i look at the players, it blows my mind, chungy eagles and Ngog arent too shabby going forward. But hey ho, DF no doubt will work his magic during the week

COYWM!!!
He's got 2 weeks to"work the magic"

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:40 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:

COYWM!!!
any of our lads get called up for internationals?

i thought we were going to set a high pace today as we had the Tuesday off. a good couple of weeks off will be good for the soul (and my nerves lol)

i was listening on Wanderers player but didnt hear any muamba chants does anyone know if anything was done for him?

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:50 pm

gavlat2872 wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:

COYWM!!!
any of our lads get called up for internationals?

i thought we were going to set a high pace today as we had the Tuesday off. a good couple of weeks off will be good for the soul (and my nerves lol)

i was listening on Wanderers player but didnt hear any muamba chants does anyone know if anything was done for him?
Lee, Ricketts and Bogdan called up.

I think Dawson and Sordell were called up for the Under 21's too.
