Charlton away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Re: Charlton away

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:48 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:Freedman out the wanker.

Why didn't he bring super Kevin on to win the game?

Wanker.
Well I'd rather have had him on than Ngog....
Why doesn't that surprise me?
Because Ngog is often shite?
I understand that it may be a foreign concept to you but you have you considered the fact that you might be wrong all the time occasionally?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:52 pm

It's like a stuck record...

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:56 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:Freedman out the wanker.

Why didn't he bring super Kevin on to win the game?

Wanker.
Well I'd rather have had him on than Ngog....
Why doesn't that surprise me?
Because Ngog is often shite?
I understand that it may be a foreign concept to you but you have you considered the fact that you might be wrong all the time occasionally?
I am frequently wrong.

But Ngog was very ineffective today, especially after Sordell went off.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:57 pm

gizmothevoomer wrote:
Gravedigger wrote:
gizmothevoomer wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
gizmothevoomer wrote:I am speaking from having played a decent level of sport, Albeit Rugby and have played with some internationals. I became a much better player when I realised I could only influence my performance, and not look elsewhere when things went wrong and we lost.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, that's twice you've said it, though initially you never mentioned that it was a completely different sport.

There are several on here who've played sport at a decent level ... in some cases football !! ... it doesn't mean we understand a piss-poor referee any more than others.

A poor referee is a poor referee. He does influence a game & you can try to deflect that at the time. If you fail & that's down to some poor decisions then that should be stated. It's over when it's over .... but it's as valid (assuming it's correct) as blaming a players mistake when that's the case.
To play any sport at a decent level, gives someone an insight what is required to succeed in sport. I stand by what I said in an earlier post that a referee will make less mistakes than players on the pitch. I know we certainly got to know the referees that refereed us regularly and played to them accordingly. It would be naive to think when everything is analysed in professional sport that DF and his coaching staff had not looked and talked about who was the referee and discussed it with players.

There is an a case for asking why Ricketts wasn't subbed before he was sent off he is the sort of player who can always pick up a careless booking, and we were two one up and we needed to ensure we finished the game with eleven players on the pitch. Ricketts made a decision to make a challenge when on a yellow could he of done anything different? I am not blaming Ricketts but we had ninety minutes to with the game and from two nil up we should of won it!!
My bold. Perhaps you could then give us an explanation for us losing to Ipswich in that infamous match that Barry Knight reffed in. Refs have always had some influence from that match to the favours that ManU (spit) seem to get from successive refs. A cock up by a player is common, a cock up from a ref should NEVER be allowed without some come-back. And no player should be subbed just because they pick up a yellow. Some players pick up a yellow and still score in the same match. 8)
I didn't see the game in 2000, and would agree ManU got the benefit of the doubt when playing Real Madrid when Nani was sent off, we can all quote individual examples of mistakes by Refs. Over a season they balance out!

With the regard Any cock up from a Referee should have some come back what are you suggesting a referral system similar to cricket or American Football? Whilst not officially regarded as sanction Mark Halsey has no premiership game after failing to send the Wigan player off?

Players can be substituted for a number of reason whilst I agree a yellow card is not reason to substitute someone automatically, It is probably no coincidence that 10 mins after Ricketts was sent off Charlton subbed Gower who was on a yellow for them. If a defender is on a yellow and being skinned consistantly would you not consider subbing him if you had another player of comparable ability on the bench to ensure keeping 11 on the pitch I would.

Also Dougies quote after the game ' We put the ref in the position he had to make those decisions ' kinda proves my original point!
But in choosing one of Dougie's quotes to try to prove your point, you omit another, which tends to support the shit ref claims of many on here.

'The sendings-off were difficult to take because I don't think Ricketts' first caution was one'

You can't have it both ways.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:10 pm

HMX wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:I'm going to this one, but sans Millwall supporting mate who often accompanies me. I'll be wearing my Wanderer "Kevin Davies - Legend" t-shirt as a farewell tribute should anyone wish to say hello! [Although an infrequent poster, I'm on here most days, so I feel as though I know many of you well!]

Having seen two defeats (Millwall and Peterborough) and two draws (Brighton and Palace) this season, I must be due a win.... :conf:
Haven't you got something else you could be doing????? :D
May see you in the Antigallican, Tony.

And leave you there! :D
I am happy to confirm that, although earlier in the day I was thinking of a trip to Cardiff, I won't be going to any more games this season.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:12 pm

Worthy4England wrote:It's like a stuck record...
Yet here we are - relegated and not in the play offs.

Oh for Mr Hughes

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:16 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:

Oh for Mr Hughes
Probably because we gave the last clueless fecker the money to sign shite like N'gog - although I'm sure that'll have been Davo's fault too. :roll:

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:22 pm

The only thing more outrageous than that referee's performance was seeing Darren Pratley bamboozle the Charlton midfield with a Zidane turn :pray:

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:28 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:

Oh for Mr Hughes
Probably because we gave the last clueless fecker the money to sign shite like N'gog - although I'm sure that'll have been Davo's fault too. :roll:
Ok then -someone else's fault.

We've moved on from the buck stop at the manager then?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:31 pm

mrkint wrote:The only thing more outrageous than that referee's performance was seeing Darren Pratley bamboozle the Charlton midfield with a Zidane turn :pray:
That was superb. Darren has really won me round at this level!
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:39 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:

Oh for Mr Hughes
Ok then -someone else's fault.

We've moved on from the buck stop at the manager then?
Buck always stops with the Manager on long term trend. Ours is currently upwards after two years of generally downwards. Unless you are shortsighted enough to park it with a player that didn't get on the pitch. Oh look that describes you. :)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 pm

Any player ratings from the match-goers? Sounded pretty much like their defence had us pretty well taped after half an hour? Morrison seemed to snuff N'gog out much of the time. I'm asking, not stating...? Must say, a goal down, ten men and losng I thought he might have thrown KD on for the last fifteen as nobody seemed to be winning many headers up their end?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:04 am

Sadly, we're fecked. Not got the guts or mental strength to get in the playoffs. The way we went down after the red card seemed pathetic. I wasn't there admittedly but I've seen enough away shite this season and see no chance of promotion from here. We'll win a few and maintain our current position but I can't see us getting the points to get into the playoffs and even if we do we don't have the balls to win. I've tried to be positive but feck it, it's pointless and always was.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:24 pm

We're not "fecked". "fecked" was how we looked in Jan in the bottom 6. Me, I'm not fussed. Clear out the has beens like Davies Knight and Ricketts and let dougie get on with creating a team. He blooded Odelusi (over stumpy) yesterday. Fantastic. Maybe Riley will play tuesday? Vela? Craig Davies suspended and Chungy knackered...more chances for the young lads?

Out with the proven average, in with the hungry youth.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:25 pm

double post

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:40 pm

officer_dibble wrote:We're not "fecked". "fecked" was how we looked in Jan in the bottom 6. Me, I'm not fussed. Clear out the has beens like Davies Knight and Ricketts and let dougie get on with creating a team. He blooded Odelusi (over stumpy) yesterday. Fantastic. Maybe Riley will play tuesday? Vela? Craig Davies suspended and Chungy knackered...more chances for the young lads?

Out with the proven average, in with the hungry youth.

Fvcking A
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:10 pm

slightly negative drunken post above!
But yes I stupidly started to believe we might make the playoffs but thats clearly not happening. Big summer clearout coming I think. I am positive about next season though.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:26 pm

I think that being able to shift the likes of Knight, Ricketts etc in the summer when they're still under contract is a bit fanciful. We are probably stuck with them for another year.

However it will be good to have, Vela, Riley, Eaves, Odelusi, etc in the first team squad. If even one of them breaks through that will be massive.

Dougie seems to have a plan to bring through these younger players. We need a bit of experience in and around them. I think it may be a long haul but hopefully we can genuinely become a club that brings through the odd homegrown talent.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:30 pm

It must be a difficult time for one of our members, wrestling with their desire to get involved after successive defeats, but struggling with the fact that Bolton Wanderers are sitting eighth.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:31 pm

Maybe next week. :(