*COMPETITION* - Win tickets for the WhiteHot Reunion Dinner

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

keveh
Icon
Icon

*COMPETITION* - Win tickets for the WhiteHot Reunion Dinner

Post by keveh » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:10 pm

JMG10 Sports Ltd, in association with THE WANDERER are offering you the chance to win a pair of tickets for the WhiteHot Reunion Dinner to be held in the Premier Suite at the Reebok Stadium on Sunday 21st April 2013 7.30pm

As the proud owner of JMG10 Sports Ltd and event organiser, John McGinlay has personally donated 2 tickets for what is arguably the event of the year for Bolton Wanderers Supporters of all ages.

- All you have to do for the chance to win this fantastic prize is tell us in your own words (in this thread) what White Hot meant/means to you, it could be a funny story based around the game or just your experience of being a Wanderers Supporter
- John will read all the replies and personally pick out the best
- In addition to the prize tickets, the best 3 stories will also be featured in the commemorative programme along with name of the website they appeared

T&Cs
The ‘prize’ is a pair of White Hot Reunion tickets at the Premier Suite, Reebok Stadium, 21st April 2013
The ‘prize’ does not include travel to and from the Reebok
The prizewinner and their guest must agree to abide by the Event rules at all times
The prizewinner and their guest must adhere to the dress code (Black Tie)
The prizewinner is responsible for the behaviour of their guest
Failure to adhere to the rules may result in the tickets being withdrawn
There is no cash alternative
The prize is non-transferable
Closing date for the competition is 4 April. Draw to be made 5 April. Winners notified thereafter

Read more about the upcoming event at http://www.bwfc-whitehot.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Passionate
Passionate

Re: *COMPETITION* - Win tickets for the WhiteHot Reunion Din

Post by 2399 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:41 am

keveh wrote:win this fantastic prize is tell us in your own words (in this thread) what White Hot meant/means to you

Someone Bloody Reply Here and Win a night out!!!!! :D

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:50 am

White hot means to me, fantastic memories begin after so many bleak years.

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:34 pm

jaffka wrote:White hot means to me, fantastic memories begin after so many bleak years.
You're winning so far :shock:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:15 am

Have I won yet?

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:32 am

jaffka wrote:Have I won yet?
Only 2 more days, my moneys on you :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:55 am

Against Liverpool at Anfield, David Lee absolutely skinned Torben Piechnik whose only response was to grab the diminutive winger's shorts. In doing so, Lee's shorts ripped and his bollocks popped out. Piss funny.

I'd better get my Tux dry cleaned 8)
May the bridges I burn light your way

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:01 am

Looks like my legs have just been done :cry:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:28 pm

Not being used to seating in grounds at the time, I leapt up when Supa nodded in the first and landed 4 rows further down. Embarrassing enough but I can still spot me about to go into free fall whenever the goal is replayed on TV :oops:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:28 am

Hi All,

Long time reader but tend not to pass comment too much on here.

I was going to start a thread about this but never thought it was worth saying.

At the last game of the season last year when we played Stoke I couldn't get a ticket!
I have a season ticket at Bolton and travel to the games from Worcester in the west mids.
On that sad day I travelled from Bolton to Worcester via Stoke on Trent. I thought to myself I'm just going to go to the ground and stand in the corner and watch from the hill (you really can't see anything).
Half time approaches and I notice stewards letting fans out of the stadium for cigerettes in the home end. A long story short I sneak in!
"Wow I'm in" I thought, and I didn't have a clue what stand until I came up out of the concorse. I was right in the middle of the main stand, directly behind the dugouts. There wasn't a spare seat to be had. The players began to come out of the tunnel for the second half. I panic and ran towards the front, and then, sat there, was Ricardo Gardner... With a seat next to him...
Yeah, I asked him, he said yes! For the second half of the most important game of the season I was sat watching and talking to a (dare i say it) club legend. For free. The abuse started to flood in from stoke fans around me. "Who's this Bolton Kn0b'ed?!", "how's he got in here" etc all directed at a lad in shirt and jeans sat with the Bolton wanderers club officials.
A steward came over to investigate. "What you doing here son?", I replied, "I'm with the club, I work in the commercial department"... A pause... "Ask Ricky?", I said out of the blue. Ricky turns and looks at the steward... "He's with the club".
Nice one Ricky!
During my time on the bench I was constantly getting asked by Jaaskalinen, CYL, Sordell, Sandy Stewart and even Owen Coyle what the score was at city as I was the only person around with a mobile who cared about Bolton. A sad little part of me felt like I was part of the team during that second half as I fed the scores coming through.
The final whistle blows.
We're relegated. The players and staff are really hurting and you got a real appreciation for how much the players cared.
Being taunted by the Stoke fans directed at me and all the other BW officials is painful. Too worried that I would get filled in walking out I decided to follow the players and staff from the bench on to the pitch. "What was I doing"... I just did... I walked onto the pitch applauded fans, hugged a great deal of the players and shook some hands and I applauded the Bolton faithful. "Where do I go now?" I think. "Fu$k it! I'm going down the tunnel"... Through there out through various corridors past the media room and out through the players exit.
What have I done! No one will believe me were my first thoughts.
A long story short there was a number of pictures of me on the pitch that day. One really good one of me hugging a genuinely distraught Reo-Coker. I would love to share them but I can't uploa . If someone could do me the honor of sending me their email I will send them and they can be put on here.

However, the evidence can be seen by all on YouTube. Some Bolton fan filming me in the stand has filmed my moment in the spotlight.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NZx0lPJrg38" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope that was worth sharing. Just wrote it all on my iPhone. Would love to share with you all the pictures of me on the pitch, me getting in the ground, sat by the bench, hugging NRC, sat next to Ricky G etc.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:33 am

Ps. You may have to watch a couple of times but I'm there. I walk in front of the stand. You can see a guy in glasses and a chequed shirt hugging eagles, talking to Klasnic etc.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:13 pm

enrdentw wrote:Ps. You may have to watch a couple of times but I'm there. I walk in front of the stand. You can see a guy in glasses and a chequed shirt hugging eagles, talking to Klasnic etc.
blue shirt brown trousers?
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:05 am

Who has won then?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:23 pm

Tell him he can stick those tickets up his arse

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:52 pm

Congratulations on enrdentw for winning the competition!

Shame on the rest of you!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:19 pm

keveh wrote:Congratulations on enrdentw for winning the competition!

Shame on the rest of you!
Excuse me, Ginger Conkers, but shame on you for allowing entries that have nowt to do with White Hot. I thumb your nose and I fart in your general direction.

BTW. Well done, enrdentw. Have a splendid night out :pissed:
May the bridges I burn light your way

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:01 pm

Congratulations enrdentw and have a great night.

Tell him keveh that he can still shove those tickets up his arse.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:51 pm

Cheers guys! Literally just checked and noticed I have won :pissed:

Going to take my bro who I have a season ticket with.

The Stoke game was an unbelievable experience.

From having no ticket, to sneaking in the ground. Sat practically on the bench next to a Wanderers legend and then ending up on the pitch and departing down the tunnel applauding the Bolton faithful.

I would love to share the photos of that day and especially the press photo of me hugging NRC.

If someone could PM me an email address i can send them and they can stick them on here.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:02 pm

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:26 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Not being used to seating in grounds at the time, I leapt up when Supa nodded in the first and landed 4 rows further down. Embarrassing enough but I can still spot me about to go into free fall whenever the goal is replayed on TV :oops:
Were you holding a flag?
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...