4 Games to go

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

4 Games to go

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:29 pm

With these fixtures left, I've only put Forest, Brighton, Leicester and ourselves, what is the final scenario ??

http://www.livefootball.com/football/en ... mpionship/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tues 16/4
Leicester v BWFC
M/Boro v Forest
P/boro v Brighton

Sat 20/4
BWFC v M/Boro
Brighton v Blackpool
Palace v Leicester
Forest v Barnsley

Fri 26/4
Leicester v Watford

Sat 27/04
Cardiff V BWFC
Leeds v Brighton
Millwall v Forest

Sat 4/5
BWFC v Blackpool
Brighton v Wolves
Forest v Leicester
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: 4 Games to go

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:40 pm

Seven points pour moi.
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:42 pm

Leicester have us at home, then away to Palace, home to Watford, away to Forest.

... & on a poor run (notwithstanding a game v us due, so that can turn around). That's terrible difficult, who-ever you are. Plus, that means Palace & Forest will drop points if Leicester do pick them up !!

mmmmm
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:43 pm

Forest have the best run-in. I could easily make a case for them winning all four of those.

Can see Brighton struggling a bit at Peterbrough and possibly Leeds.....

It's so hard to read....

Personally I think it looks like 3 wins needed........

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:46 pm

I'd discount Leicester in terms of being a worry for us. IF they get in the play-offs I don't think we will be.

Finish above Forest and for me we'll be there......I think!

Looks likely that's what we'll have to do!

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:51 pm

the 2 home games are our best bet for points, anything away from home is a bonus.

I can see it coming down to the Blackpool game at the Bok. what an atmosphere that will be

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:56 pm

Six points, for me.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:15 pm

We'll feck it up against Boro or Blackpool. Probably Blackpool as the hope would be at it's peak by then :(

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:20 pm

So did Millwall lose today? If they didn't they're not exactly out of the running either, Shirley?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:20 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:So did Millwall lose today? If they didn't they're not exactly out of the running either, Shirley?
They're playing Wiggin as we type :doh:

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:23 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:So did Millwall lose today? If they didn't they're not exactly out of the running either, Shirley?
you don't follow the FA Cup, do you?

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:50 pm

Hopefully at the point we play cardiff theyll all ready have their hands on the trophy meaning we might get a chance at a result

gizmothevoomer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gizmothevoomer » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:05 pm

Final Table

Palace 4th 73 Pts
Brighton 5th 72 Pts
Forest 6th 72 Pts
Bolton 7th 70 Pts
Leicester Out of it on 63 Pts

I don't believe Bolton have the ability and quality to get Three points against Leicester battling to stay in the mix or Cardiff required for us to pip Forest.

When I wrote at beginning of Feb that we could make it to challenge for a play off spot I believed we could get there. Now I just don't bottom line is we have to win on Tuesday to have a chance. Any of the five listed above could make it as long as the have the belief and mental strength. All have the ability but now it is about mental strength and belief.

We have been given a chance due to other teams dropping points, now we have to take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:52 pm

gizmothevoomer wrote:Final Table

Palace 4th 73 Pts
Brighton 5th 72 Pts
Forest 6th 72 Pts
Bolton 7th 70 Pts

I don't believe Bolton have the ability and quality to get Three points against Leicester battling to stay in the mix or Cardiff required for us to pip Forest.

When I wrote at beginning of Feb that we could make it to challenge for a play off spot I believed we could get there. Now I just don't bottom line is we have to win on Tuesday to have a chance. Any of the five listed above could make it as long as the have the belief and mental strength. All have the ability but now it is about mental strength and belief.

We have been given a chance due to other teams dropping points, now we have to take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really? I mean...really???

The teams around us have been haemorraging points recently. Avoid defeat at Leicester, beat Boro and 'Pool, and nick summat at Cardiff. Doable, very doable to get 7 or 8 from these last 6 games and sneak a playoff place.

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:54 pm

interesting that you think Palace will pick up 7 points with 3 out of the final 5 away from home... no goals in 4 games no win in 6 and 1 win in 8... Ipswich will beat them on Tuesday, Leicester will bounce back from us beating them and they'll beat Palace, Blackburn will be fighting for their lives and they'll beat Palace and Millwall & Peterborough won't be easy... I don't see them picking up 7 points... 3 maximum
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

gizmothevoomer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gizmothevoomer » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:28 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
gizmothevoomer wrote:Final Table

Palace 4th 73 Pts
Brighton 5th 72 Pts
Forest 6th 72 Pts
Bolton 7th 70 Pts

Really? I mean...really???

The teams around us have been haemorraging points recently. Avoid defeat at Leicester, beat Boro and 'Pool, and nick summat at Cardiff. Doable, very doable to get 7 or 8 from these last 6 games and sneak a playoff place.
I gave us 7 Points
Last edited by gizmothevoomer on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gizmothevoomer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gizmothevoomer » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:40 pm

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:interesting that you think Palace will pick up 7 points with 3 out of the final 5 away from home... no goals in 4 games no win in 6 and 1 win in 8... Ipswich will beat them on Tuesday, Leicester will bounce back from us beating them and they'll beat Palace, Blackburn will be fighting for their lives and they'll beat Palace and Millwall & Peterborough won't be easy... I don't see them picking up 7 points... 3 maximum
Agree no goals in four games, actually 1 win in 6 and 3 wins in 8. Form is temporary and Palace have enough class to pick up 7 points. Hope I am wrong and they only get 3 points..

These next four games are about 'Bottle' more than form, whichever teams keep theirs will be in the play offs.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:50 pm

Leicester currently 20th in the form league:http: http://www.footballformguide.net/form/n ... ampionship" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dommmmeddddd
Pfffft.

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:53 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Leicester currently 20th in the form league:http: http://www.footballformguide.net/form/n ... ampionship" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dommmmeddddd
That table hasn't been updated yet. We should be on a 3 win streak. Sheff Wed lost today!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Thought it looked a bit dodgy but wasn't sure. Thank you
Pfffft.