Blackpool ... Donkeys or Towering ?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Blackpool ... Donkeys or Towering ?

Post by thebish » Wed May 01, 2013 12:21 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Bruno3 wrote:Is Matt Mills fit? For me, he was improving and getting quicker as he got match practice. However after this long layoff he's probably going to be as slow as Wheater (the thought of how slow Wheater might be after his lay off is frightening). Both Mills and Wheater are physically stronger than Ream (so's my 2 year old grandson) but Ream does (or did have the last time I saw him) have more pace. Blackpool don't have bullying size forwards so, with much reservation, I'd go for Ream with Knight.
I seem to recall Knight & Ream having a period of decent partnership while Cahill wasn't around for a while.

Then again, I recall all sorts of things.

that was knight and ricketts... (while Cahill had a blood clot in his arm IIRC)

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed May 01, 2013 12:27 pm

coffeymagic wrote:I'd just like to say I'm nervous.

Nervous about getting to the game on time with the train from Glasgow only going as far as Oxenhome and then a bus to Preston.

Nervous about changing at Preston both ways with lunatic Blackpool fans.

Nervous about the game.
Nervous about us scoring an early goal.
Nervous about them getting a last gasp equaliser.
Nervous about getting home in time for friends coming round for drniks.
Nervous.

Who said supporting Bolton Wanderers was fun?

You can have a lift from Preston if you like..................but only if you're not angry! :D
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Wed May 01, 2013 12:28 pm

rumors on twitter is that the game is close to a sell out!
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed May 01, 2013 12:28 pm

Nervous as anything about this game now and it's only Wednesday. B(E)N running the same story about sell out

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22366003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Pfffft.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed May 01, 2013 12:56 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Bruno3 wrote:Is Matt Mills fit? For me, he was improving and getting quicker as he got match practice. However after this long layoff he's probably going to be as slow as Wheater (the thought of how slow Wheater might be after his lay off is frightening). Both Mills and Wheater are physically stronger than Ream (so's my 2 year old grandson) but Ream does (or did have the last time I saw him) have more pace. Blackpool don't have bullying size forwards so, with much reservation, I'd go for Ream with Knight.
I seem to recall Knight & Ream having a period of decent partnership while Cahill wasn't around for a while.

Damn.

If only Ricketts was available ! :wink:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Wed May 01, 2013 1:13 pm

I couldn't wait any longer and have just officially entered a state of angst.

Oh, and just bought a couple of tickets for Mrs C and the lad. Not too difficult to get but there wasn't two seats together in east upper for them except out near the edges. Certainly headed for a high number. Possibly a record?

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed May 01, 2013 1:25 pm

The referee for the Blackpool game is Roger East. Obviously he is a one eyed twonk who hates us but he looks like he is quick on the yellow card draw. Can see a penalty to them and a red card for us. DOMED!
WILTSHIRE ref Roger East has been handed the whistle for Wanderers' crunch clash with Blackpool.

East has not taken charge of a Wanderers game this season.

He has handed out six red cards and recently dished out 10 yellow cards in a single game between Sheffield Wednesday and Blackburn Rovers.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed May 01, 2013 1:27 pm

WILTSHIRE ref Roger East has been handed the whistle for Wanderers' crunch clash with Blackpool.

East has not taken charge of a Wanderers game this season.

He has handed out six red cards and recently dished out 10 yellow cards in a single game between Sheffield Wednesday and Blackburn Rovers.

is there some kind of ceremony of the handing over of the whistle - or do professional referees simply have their own?

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed May 01, 2013 1:33 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
coffeymagic wrote:
You can have a lift from Preston if you like..................but only if you're not angry! :D
That's very kind of you Bijou, however after posting I called my dad and talked him into picking us up/dropping us off. I wouldn't be bothered if I was travelling alone but seeing as eldest is coming I'd rather keep him away from the mentaloids for a while.

Not you, the Blackpool fans.

Granddad brings pies anyway - the highlight of any visit home!

Cheers again.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed May 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Anyone that thinks this will be anything other than a home win, has clearly left their copy of the script on a bus.

I'm happy to confess the turn around in our fortunes has been quicker than I thought likely, though it's still early days. We could still finish eighth. Of itself eighth wouldn't have looked too bad, had we not touched the heady heights of sixth.

Bolton to score more than Blackpool, as close as I ever get to a prediction.

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Wed May 01, 2013 5:24 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Wheater and Ream played alright together last season aswell

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Wed May 01, 2013 5:25 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Damn.

If only Ricketts was available ! :wink:
Butterfield

Tom Ince

:hang:

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Wed May 01, 2013 5:48 pm

Dad and I are going up north for this one!

I can see it being 3-2 either way. :Jedi:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed May 01, 2013 6:59 pm

Just watched two of the few players who played in the 53 Cup Final on TV. Blackpool's Cyril Robinson (the only one of them still alive) and our Dougie Holden. Absolute sickener that was for me, to be winning 3-1 and lose 4-3. They should never have got their third goal but Stan Hanson dropped a real soft cross for Mortensen to toe-poke it in. Sixty years ago today (although it was on a Saturday of course). Revenge on the cards this weekend?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed May 01, 2013 7:29 pm

Well I don't care what the score is just so long as it's a good clean game, we all have a lovely day and everyone shakes hands at the end.
So long as football wins nothing else matters.
Businesswoman of the year.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed May 01, 2013 7:54 pm

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:rumors on twitter is that the game is close to a sell out!
When I was buying tickets last Thursday I was struggling to get two seats together.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed May 01, 2013 10:47 pm

keveh wrote:
Tals-biggest-fan wrote:rumors on twitter is that the game is close to a sell out!
When I was buying tickets last Thursday I was struggling to get two seats together.
Nowhere on lower with 2 seats together yesterday. Wife jettisoned from travelling party. :D

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed May 01, 2013 10:56 pm

Tried to buy 5 together on Monday. Got two pairs and a single within a few rows of each other in west upper. Never sat up there before.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu May 02, 2013 9:14 am

I'm getting very nervous now.
Basically we need to win this don't we? If Forest win, then we need to win to remain above them on goal difference. If Leicester win we must win because a draw would see Leicester take the playoff spot on goal difference. we can only afford to get away with a draw if the Forest/Leicester match is a draw, correct?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu May 02, 2013 9:15 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I'm getting very nervous now.
Basically we need to win this don't we? If Forest win, then we need to win to remain above them on goal difference. If Leicester win we must win because a draw would see Leicester take the playoff spot on goal difference. we can only afford to get away with a draw if the Forest/Leicester match is a draw, correct?
Spot on :)