The Championship 2013/14

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: The Championship 2013/14

Post by bobo the clown » Sun May 05, 2013 9:18 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
gizmothevoomer wrote:Just have had a look at which premiership players are out of contract this summer, I have put a few names down below who may be decent signings for us below.

Richard Dunn
Titus Bramble

Any thoughts anyone?
Yes. Are you on fecking drugs? :shock:
+1

Surely, you're on the wind up with those 2 gizmo??
+2 and I suspect, a great deal more.

ffs - Bramble ??????

... & Dunne, well maybe about 4 seasons ago.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

gizmothevoomer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gizmothevoomer » Sun May 05, 2013 9:22 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
gizmothevoomer wrote:Just have had a look at which premiership players are out of contract this summer, I have put a few names down below who may be decent signings for us below.

Richard Dunn
Titus Bramble

Any thoughts anyone?
+1

ffs - Bramble ??????

Just put there to open a discussion, general opinion ( And mine ) is we have a problem in central defence. We need a solution that doesn't have huge transfer fee.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun May 05, 2013 9:26 pm

gizmothevoomer wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Richard Dunn
Titus Bramble

Any thoughts anyone?
+1

ffs - Bramble ??????

Just put there to open a discussion, general opinion ( And mine ) is we have a problem in central defence. We need a solution that doesn't have huge transfer fee.
I take your point about starting a discussion, but your solution to our problem is to create an even bigger one, with Bramble? Sorry. He's not for me. How the guy keeps getting PL contracts i'll never know.

gizmothevoomer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gizmothevoomer » Sun May 05, 2013 9:39 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
I take your point about starting a discussion, but your solution to our problem is to create an even bigger one, with Bramble? Sorry. He's not for me. How the guy keeps getting PL contracts i'll never know.
He obviously has something that managers and coaches see, and we are not talking premiership level, could he do a job at a lower level.

Hodori
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Hodori » Mon May 06, 2013 7:01 am

I think CYL will be sold

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon May 06, 2013 8:38 am

gizmothevoomer wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
He obviously has something that managers and coaches see, and we are not talking premiership level, could he do a job at a lower level.
Bramble is Zat Knight minus the 50p head.

We need to invest in young hungry players with a dash of older heads. Dunne would be the new SKD. Well past his best and blocking our moving on to a new era.

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Mon May 06, 2013 12:10 pm

Hodori wrote:I think CYL will be sold

CYL being sold wouldn't be the worst thing to happen.

He seems to have lost that sparkle he had, might be wrong but he has had a full season
to get back to his best and it hasn't happened.

If a £5 million bid came in like what was being quoted in January then we should take it.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon May 06, 2013 12:23 pm

hi there, i'm craig wrote:

He seems to have lost that sparkle he had, might be wrong but he has had a full season

If a £5 million bid came in like what was being quoted in January then we should take it.
if he's lost his sparkle though and has had a poor season - why would anyone be tempted to roll up and spunk £5mill on him?

edit: on reflection - stranger things have happened!! :D

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon May 06, 2013 12:29 pm

thebish wrote:

if he's lost his sparkle though and has had a poor season - why would anyone be tempted to roll up and spunk £5mill on him?

Coyle might get a job. We'd get at least 15m for him then 8)

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon May 06, 2013 12:32 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Coyle might get a job.
First chuckle of the day. :)

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Mon May 06, 2013 1:27 pm

thebish wrote:

A manager who thinks he can get the sparkle back, he is still a young prospect, stoke was being linked with a £5 million bid for him in the last window and he has slightly improved since January.

And I wouldn't say he has had a bad season he just hasn't hit the heights he was hitting before the injury.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon May 06, 2013 1:59 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Mitch wrote:Season starts 3rd August, that's early :shock:
Really?
Yup

http://www.football-league.co.uk/footba ... 34_3016478" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

12 weeks Saturday.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Mon May 06, 2013 2:00 pm

Surely if teams are gonna be taking a look at our wide players they'd rather throw their money on Eagles? Had a great season all things considered, really really hope we can keep him. Can imagine the promoted teams taking a good luck or even a struggler like Wigan if they stick around this season.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon May 06, 2013 2:03 pm

Thought Cardiff already asked about his services.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Mon May 06, 2013 2:38 pm

Classic. Let's look forward to the new season by deciding which of our most talented players we should ship off first. Only on TW.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 06, 2013 2:59 pm

50sQuiff wrote:Classic. Let's look forward to the new season by deciding which of our most talented players we should ship off first. Only on TW.
Thought did occur. Delusions of grandeur are a membership requirement here. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Mon May 06, 2013 3:21 pm

50sQuiff wrote:Classic. Let's look forward to the new season by deciding which of our most talented players we should ship off first. Only on TW.

The point is players will leave, we won't be able to keep this squad together so which players can we afford to lose, yes in an ideal world we will keep our all assets but that won't happen.

So it's about which players so we let move on and which players we fight to keep.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon May 06, 2013 3:47 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Mitch wrote:Season starts 3rd August, that's early :shock:
Really?
Yup

http://www.football-league.co.uk/footba ... 34_3016478" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

12 weeks Saturday.
Shitting hell.....get back from holiday on the Friday night........

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon May 06, 2013 3:52 pm

Whether a player leaves or not depends on more than if they're any good I guess. I very much doubt Freedman would fight to keep someone who's heart is somewhere else.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 06, 2013 5:29 pm

I don't understand why fans would be worried about losing any of this lot, with a couple of notable exceptions. This lot have essentially failed when push came to shove this season, last season and the one before at Wembley in embarrassing fashion. Something with their mentality is not right and it needs an overhaul. And that means plenty need moving on.

Dougie says it all here....

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... s/10401291._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

It's irrelevant how technically good they may be, they've had several chances and come up short every time. Thankfully we have a manager who realises that and is prepared to get a winning mentality in.

When Allardyce was forced to lose the likes of Eidur, Jensen, Fish etc and rebuild with a small budget he went and assembled a winning squad, it might not have been as talented, but people forget that for three seasons the previous lot had in essence, failed.

I think the club spent far too long clinging on to fading stars like Davies, tinkering around the edges adding expensive flops like Petrov and Klasnic and not accepting that we didn't have the right mentality and drive within an expensive group of players.

With a few exceptions, I don't think we should worry about who goes because frankly I don't have faith that this group will turn it round sufficiently. Even if we got into a play-off final would anyone seriously not think that several of this lot would bottle it?