Sordell on the bench

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Sordell on the bench

Post by bobo the clown » Sun May 05, 2013 10:59 am

Someone who shall not be named said that Sordell was not a starter yesterday because he had been boasting on Twatter that he'd been in that London 3 days this week and had only got 15 hours sleep.

Anyone know any more ?

I'm not sure how he'd get 3 days off during this week to be honest, but if this turns out to be true, this week of all weeks that'd be both amazing and unforgivable.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Sun May 05, 2013 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Sordell on the bench

Post by LeverEnd » Sun May 05, 2013 11:44 am

Whether it's true or not he'd be the first I'd be trying to get rid of. Soft, lazy and shite. Ridiculously crap panic buy by Coyle and an enormous waste of money. Useless again yesterday.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Sun May 05, 2013 1:04 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Whether it's true or not he'd be the first I'd be trying to get rid of. Soft, lazy and shite. Ridiculously crap panic buy by Coyle and an enormous waste of money. Useless again yesterday.
Erudite as always, LE. I don't think that's the opinion Watford fans had of him.

I just checked Twitter and I didn't see any boasting or comments about 15-hours sleep:

Really looking forward to @Hopeforjustice's dinner at the House of Commons this evening #ZoeChallenge
@MissMimiChapman and I are honoured to be able to sit in the very same room that William Wilberforce abolished slavery in!! #historic
Dinner at the House of Commons for Human Trafficking #hopeforjustice with @marvinsordell
Thank you @adidasUK Oxford St for making my store visit yesterday as pleasant as always. Will see you guys again soon!

Oh, what a bad boy.

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Sun May 05, 2013 3:58 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Whether it's true or not he'd be the first I'd be trying to get rid of. Soft, lazy and shite. Ridiculously crap panic buy by Coyle and an enormous waste of money. Useless again yesterday.
Agreed

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Why Freedman took Craig Davies off yesterday and left Sordell on, sub or no, to put Eaves on will remain beyond me forever.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 05, 2013 4:46 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Why Freedman took Craig Davies off yesterday and left Sordell on, sub or no, to put Eaves on will remain beyond me forever.
Craig Davies seems to tire in games. To be honest I thought Sordell did ok yesterday. Not sure there was anything to choose between him and Davies.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 05, 2013 4:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Why Freedman took Craig Davies off yesterday and left Sordell on, sub or no, to put Eaves on will remain beyond me forever.
Craig Davies seems to tire in games. To be honest I thought Sordell did ok yesterday. Not sure there was anything to choose between him and Davies.
Then we'll disagree on this, hugely. Sordell was a waste of a shirt yesterday, for me.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 05, 2013 4:53 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Then we'll disagree on this, hugely. Sordell was a waste of a shirt yesterday, for me.
On Craig Davies, how come when playing for Barnsley he scored a decent goal against us from 20 odd yards, but since joint us every shot he hits is weak and straight at the keeper (deflection aside)?

I think he's a good option. Battles well, works hard. Not great but what you expect for 300K, but I wish he'd hit his shots a bit more consistently.

Mind I think he's about as good as if not a shade better than 3 fecking million Sordell. Which speaks volumes really.......

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun May 05, 2013 5:01 pm

BL3 sympathiser.

Burn him.

:D
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun May 05, 2013 5:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
On Craig Davies, how come when playing for Barnsley he scored a decent goal against us from 20 odd yards, but since joint us every shot he hits is weak and straight at the keeper (deflection aside)?

hmmmm.... good shot gone bad.... bad manager?? bad buy?? :wink:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun May 05, 2013 5:11 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Think he's been a waste of a shirt the past few games he's been involved in.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun May 05, 2013 5:43 pm

Sordell has been a proper dissapointment. Gdt on the phone to malky mackay...id be happy if we recouped a million.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun May 05, 2013 5:55 pm

50sQuiff wrote:
Erudite as always, LE. I don't think that's the opinion Watford fans had of him.

I just checked Twitter and I didn't see any boasting or comments about 15-hours sleep:

Really looking forward to @Hopeforjustice's dinner at the House of Commons this evening #ZoeChallenge
@MissMimiChapman and I are honoured to be able to sit in the very same room that William Wilberforce abolished slavery in!! #historic
Dinner at the House of Commons for Human Trafficking #hopeforjustice with @marvinsordell
Thank you @adidasUK Oxford St for making my store visit yesterday as pleasant as always. Will see you guys again soon!

Oh, what a bad boy.
I don't care what Watford fans thought/think of him. Or Stuart Pearce. I care about the contribution he's made to Bolton Wanderers since we paid a lot of money out for him.
And there hasn't been much of one, unless you can tell me what I've missed and why I'm wrong?
As for erudition, it's a football forum, not a PhD dissertation.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun May 05, 2013 7:55 pm

I don't think he was great yesterday, but I do think he's a bit of an easy target. He's only 22.

He's shown enough for me over the season to be worth persevering with. He will score goals somewhere, so it'll be a shame if we're not the ones to get the best out of him.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sun May 05, 2013 10:21 pm

Sell him off to a london club, where he'll probably be happy and play much better and then make a marquee signing of someone who can bang 20 goals a season in.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun May 05, 2013 10:26 pm

Jez wrote:Sell him off to a london club, where he'll probably be happy and play much better and then make a marquee signing of someone who can bang 20 goals a season in.
A well and, if I may say so, thoroughly argued point.

Well done indeed.

Any views on World Hunger Jez ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sun May 05, 2013 10:27 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Jez wrote:Sell him off to a london club, where he'll probably be happy and play much better and then make a marquee signing of someone who can bang 20 goals a season in.
A well and, if I may say so, thoroughly argued point.

Well done indeed.

Any views on World Hunger Jez ?
its not great

p.s. I didnt mean with the Sordell transfer money, I meant with the tens of millions uncle Eddie has for Dougie's super team

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun May 05, 2013 10:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
BWFCi's head is about to explode Bruce, please don't take him seriously.

A chance was presented to criticise Coyle, but then you threw a spanner in the works by suggesting the current management structure might be to blame.

Chaos.

So anyway, I think its a bollox rumour, moreover, why we'd bin off a young prospect (and he still is both young and a prospect)so hastily is beyond me.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun May 05, 2013 11:30 pm

I've been more impressed by Sordell when I've seen him play at international level but his service at Bolton has been very poor. It's hard for a goalscorer to show off his qualities when the service is so bad. Players like N'Gog and Davies are far more visible than a poacher who is looking for a goalscoring chance and is trying to be set up all the time. I think both Coyle and Freedman have failed to get the best out of Sordell which is a shame because I do think he has potential and it wouldn't surprise me if he was the type of player we'd sell and in a couple of years, wonder what impact he'd have had if he was still with us.

I'd give him more time personally, but if the service doesn't improve, he'll continue to look useless.

Cid's Left Foot
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Cid's Left Foot » Mon May 06, 2013 12:45 am

I think it's incredibly cruel to call C. Davies a waste of a shirt. From where I was watching, he was tireless, last game at least. He scored too.

Eaves came on for him and matched him in the sense that they're both man-mountains, but he certainly could not match his mobility. Having someone that size, and with that will to keep running is surely going to cause any defenders nightmares.

To be honest, saw far less from Sordell. But he's a goalscorer so people say. Who knows. I probably don't.