Fans' forum this coming monday

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Fans' forum this coming monday

Post by mrkint » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:39 am

https://twitter.com/OfficialBWFC/status ... 3124136961" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone going? If so, don't forget to boo.

Madrigal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Fans' forum this coming monday

Post by Madrigal » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:50 pm

mrkint wrote:https://twitter.com/OfficialBWFC/status ... 3124136961

Anyone going? If so, don't forget to boo.
Yes I'm going, in boing practice now.
Boooooooooooo Booooooooooo Booooooooooo

Am I boing anything in particular?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:52 pm

I'm going for a laugh. Been to one before and it was shit and full of idiots.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:59 pm

I imagine the questions will be along the lines off ‘why dont you sign spearing/dawson?’ ‘why are you playing bogdan instead of lonergan?’ ‘442?’ etc Will definitely be a magnet for idiots.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:03 pm

Beefheart wrote:I imagine the questions will be along the lines off ‘why dont you sign spearing/dawson?’ ‘why are you playing bogdan instead of lonergan?’ ‘442?’ etc Will definitely be a magnet for idiots.
I thought last time it was compulsory that all questions had to start

"I've been following Bolton ** years and.."

generally followed by something numb like "Why do we always attack the south stand in the 2nd half?" or "Why are the pies so expensive?"
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Madrigal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Madrigal » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:03 pm

boltonboris wrote:I'm going for a laugh. Been to one before and it was shit and full of idiots.
No laughing please just boos :D
Just going to hear 1st hand what DF has to say about squad, season coming up and anything else he wants to share with the fans (not holding much hope of any real exclusive stuff but will get the club speak direct from the horses mouth)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:27 pm

Madrigal wrote:
boltonboris wrote:I'm going for a laugh. Been to one before and it was shit and full of idiots.
No laughing please just boos :D
Just going to hear 1st hand what DF has to say about squad, season coming up and anything else he wants to share with the fans (not holding much hope of any real exclusive stuff but will get the club speak direct from the horses mouth)

for that he only speaketh through Nixon...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:08 pm

Just prepare yourself for a load of stuff that makes no sense, but gets half the tables gunning eachother off
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:19 am

Should opportunity present itself, would you mind asking Freedman how often he briefs that Nixon fella. I'll be amazed if it's less than daily!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:52 am

May not work perfectly - that's the trouble with democracy, lots of people are stupid - but I'm glad they exist: it's better than ignorance and radio silence.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:01 am

Stupid people make the rest of us appear more intelligent. We need them.

It's just a pity they have more children thus increasing their numbers.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:13 pm

I wouldn't mind these things if the people answering the questions were honest rather than dishing out the same old unclear politicians answers to every question.

"Do you want to buy _____"
"We're always looking to strengthen the team but we have a few options on our radar"

"Who do you want to sell ____"
"I think we have a strong squad but if the right offer comes in for any player, we have to look at it seriously"

You could be there for an hour, listen to 30 questions being answered and come out without the slightest bit of new information. If I thought Freedman would give a proper answer, I'd go along and ask why he played 4-5-1 against Leicester and Blackpool, despite the fact that 4-4-2 had been far more successful for us all year, and if he thinks he got it wrong. If he was being honest, he'd admit he messed it up but I imagine he'd just trot out a line about being 'versatile' or whatever.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:49 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:I wouldn't mind these things if the people answering the questions were honest rather than dishing out the same old unclear politicians answers to every question.

"We're always looking to strengthen the team but we have a few options on our radar"

"I think we have a strong squad but if the right offer comes in for any player, we have to look at it seriously"

You could be there for an hour, listen to 30 questions being answered and come out without the slightest bit of new information. If I thought Freedman would give a proper answer, I'd go along and ask why he played 4-5-1 against Leicester and Blackpool, despite the fact that 4-4-2 had been far more successful for us all year, and if he thinks he got it wrong. If he was being honest, he'd admit he messed it up but I imagine he'd just trot out a line about being 'versatile' or whatever.
Or he might ask why you think you know better than him..

Anyhow can't be any worse than Coyles answer last time on the question of what he'd learned from our relegation season. His answer was 'nothing we were just unlucky'. Yeah of course.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:31 pm

Do we know why McGreavy was potted yet?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:34 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:I wouldn't mind these things if the people answering the questions were honest rather than dishing out the same old unclear politicians answers to every question.

a) Yes. Alert our rivals to who we wish to sign rather than do it on the quiet and avoid a bidding war :roll:

b) Yes. Tell your players we don't want you, but expect them to have their heart in it when you can't sell them :roll:

I'd much rather Dougie kept his gob shut so he can get the business done and spring the odd surprise on the opposition. As for your questions the answer is simple. With what he had he felt it was the best approach to the game. Give over with your obsession with 4-4-2 and let the man get on with it. He earnt that right last season.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:05 am

it'll be dominated now by the Stuart Holden issue ..... oh, and the banal trivia stuff.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:11 am

bobo the clown wrote:it'll be dominated now by the Stuart Holden issue ..... oh, and the banal trivia stuff.
I always look forward to the banal patsy of a question "Dougie what happens in a typical day for you?" or somesuch nonsense.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:02 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Do we know why McGreavy was potted yet?
Think the official line was the club wanted to go in a different direction or something?

It was Tower FM over the tannoy on Friday.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:20 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:Do we know why McGreavy was potted yet?
Think the official line was the club wanted to go in a different direction or something?

It was Tower FM over the tannoy on Friday.
Oh great. So we can all look forward to listening to Shania fecking Twain and her ilk at half-time then?! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:44 pm

Exactly Bruce or some such bollocks! Colin played Iron Maiden and Metallica, who knows where it could have gone next? Now we never will. :cry: