Game for the Poaching at Forest!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Game for the Poaching at Forest!

Post by ChrisC » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:55 am

Going to be a very tough game this. Struggling to see more than a point in this one.

Both teams are unbeaten this season but Forest have won all of their games.

Hopefully Eagles is back for this one.

My team would be something like our last away game at Burnley with Jay in for the departed Andrews.

1-1
Last edited by ChrisC on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Forest Away

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:01 am

Sit back and hit them on the break. Wheater and Knight to pull a great joint performance out of the bag, Boggers to carry on his Reading form. D-Prats goal resulting from a great Eagles cross field ball after a breakaway from one of their corners. 0-1 season off to a flyer.

Well we've got to start somewhere.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:02 am

Think we'll lose this one.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:06 am

Medo will loose one off his boot from 30 yards out. Top corner delight, I'm telling you.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

mcflykyle182
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mcflykyle182 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:11 am

I think we might snatch a late winner.
1-2 Beckford and Ngog
''Amazing! Out of nothing Bolton are level. A quick throw, Kevin Nolan keeps play alive in the box and finds Kevin Davies on the left who lashes a shot under Oliver Kahn.''

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:14 am

I hope we're setup better to deal with these sorts of away games than we were last season. Big test. Wheater and Knight will come under pressure. So we will concede.

Hopefully we are clinical on the break like at Shrewsbury.

I actually think if we improve our final ball we'll score a fair few on the break away from home this season.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:20 am

throwawayboltonian wrote:-------Beckford

----Hall Eagles Chungy

-----Spearing Pratley

Tierney Knight Wheater/Mills Baptiste

---------Bogdan

I know people on here rate Wheater, but I just find him clumsy and lethargic (his movement is slow, not that he's lazy) so I'd consider giving someone else a run out. More mistakes in him at the moment than Knight. Maybe Mills, see how he performs under Dougie (given his comments a few weeks back).

The fan in me thinks we'll win, just as I do every game :D but realistically I think we'll narrowly lose 2-1, or draw 1-1 with either Pratley to continue form, or Beckford grabbing his first. Need to start getting some wins in though to get confidence up and our season rolling. COYW.
That midfield looks decidedly weak for away at Forest.

Medo will be in. Reckon Pratley plays behind Beckford. Eagles and LCY wide if both fit.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:22 am

CYL may get a rest .... for Eagles or Hall .... Medo and Spearing will continue in the middle. N'Gog will start again.

Mills won't play unless there are injuries ... possibly ever again for us as I'm convinced his move to Leeds is nailed on, eventually.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:31 am

Forest 3 (Metgod, Birtles, Collymore)

BWFC 1 ( Olinyk)
May the bridges I burn light your way

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:31 am

bobo the clown wrote:CYL may get a rest .... for Eagles or Hall .... Medo and Spearing will continue in the middle. N'Gog will start again.

Mills won't play unless there are injuries ... possibly ever again for us as I'm convinced his move to Leeds is nailed on, eventually.
Mills will be a deadline day signing for Leeds I reckon. They are waiting for us to give in on their low wages offer.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:59 am

In the wake of such beauties as 'The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread', 'The Taming of the Shrews? Capital One Cup 6/8' and dare I say, 'Kick off with a glass or two of claret!'. What happens?

'Reading'! 'Forest Away'!!!

I was hoping at least for 'Prince of thieves, a chance to steal three points down Nottingham way.'

Or somesuch.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:03 am

You can edit a thread title can't you?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:08 am

Enoch wrote:In the wake of such beauties as 'The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread', 'The Taming of the Shrews? Capital One Cup 6/8' and dare I say, 'Kick off with a glass or two of claret!'. What happens?

I was hoping at least for 'Prince of thieves, a chance to steal three points down Nottingham way.'

Or somesuch.
Chance was there for you Enoch. missed a trick.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:11 am

Lord Kangana wrote:You can edit a thread title can't you?
Only the originator ... or a mod.

The 'Reading' one, to be fair, was started by a Reading fan. It should have been "Reading in the Library" for me.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:11 am

bobo the clown wrote:CYL may get a rest .... for Eagles or Hall .... Medo and Spearing will continue in the middle. N'Gog will start again.

I'd drop CYL, not impressed on Saturday. Didn't hide like he did last season at times, but ultimately did little on the ball. Hope he'll improve as the season goes on but I think it's time to give Hall a runout. Sounds like he's full of energy and cover ground defensively as well. Not that I've seen him play yet.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:13 am

Enoch wrote:In the wake of such beauties as 'The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread', 'The Taming of the Shrews? Capital One Cup 6/8' and dare I say, 'Kick off with a glass or two of claret!'. What happens?

Or somesuch.
I've got 'Praise The Lard' lined up for the Wigan game (so long as I don't forget). :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:18 am

LeverEnd wrote:

Or somesuch.
Chance was there for you Enoch. missed a trick.
I'm wearing the hair shirt as I type, woeful stuff, just woeful.

Don't know about this editing option, but someone must be in a position to embellish.

Wigan!! Now that just offers too many opportunities. Maybe one of our powers that be should run a competition for that privilege!

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:22 am

Or somesuch.
Sorry Enoch. That was my title (honest :mrgreen: )but it doesn't fit unfortunately 8) To many characters :P

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:35 am

ChrisC wrote:

Or somesuch.
Sorry Enoch. That was my title (honest :mrgreen: )but it doesn't fit unfortunately 8) To many characters :P
So what, you give in???

Put some bloody effort in!!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:57 am

Going to this got match and train tickets. A lot of engineering works around Nottingham so bus from Derby for me, may be the same for you lot from Sheffield.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.